Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: how to get sound from both my laptop speakers and headphones at the same time

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have an HP pavilion dv4-1275mx and I am trying to get a laptop dj setup going so I can mix music at small gatherings and such.
I run virtual dj and would like to know how to get sounds coming from both my laptop speakers and headphones at the same time so I can listen to one track on my headphones and the other track through the speakers.

Do I need a separate sound card for this? I've seen DJ's that just seem to be able to just plug their laptop in and get the set going.

I'd like to have sounds coming from both those outputs but they would have to be different channels since I would be listening to two different tracks on them. Is there a way you can do this without buying separate hardware?

PLEASE help a newb out and teach me how to do this, I am quite new at all this.

more info available upon request.

PS: i will not be playing at huge clubs or anything like that anytime soon, all I would like is to get sound from my laptop SPEAKERS and headphones at the same time. Not looking for external sound cards to hook up to huge amps at this moment, just a much smaller alternative

Mensajes Sat 25 Apr 09 @ 1:16 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
If you only have a single channel stereo sound card such as the internal card on the laptop select speaker in box 2 and simple in box 3 in config/sound.
Then just patch the output to the mixer as a single output only.

If you want functioning headphones in this case you need to use the mono split feature.
This will take the stereo output and use one channel as front/main and the other as rear/phones.

Mensajes Sat 25 Apr 09 @ 1:57 pm
thanks for the reply!
Well on the 2nd box (output) there are four options and i chose 'single output', i think thats the closest one to the 'speakers' you were talking about in your reply.
on the 3rd box i also chose simple, i seem to have three options for it: simple, simple low latency, and asio. should i be using asio? whenever i switch it to that the computer plays no sound on its speakers.

also i dont think i was clear enough but I meant that I had integrated speakers on my laptop and would like music to play out of those and through the headphone jack simultaneously

and how do i use the mono split feature? i looked around the config menu and i couldnt find anything relating to it. please help me!

Mensajes Sun 26 Apr 09 @ 8:17 am
I see now what you mean :). I set it up so the outputs are to 'headphones' and 2 cards for my sound card.
it works perfectly, now i get the second track music through my headphones and master tracks through my laptop speakers.

this poses another question for me:
I have two audio output jacks on my laptop. Can I make it so I get the master track through one and the second track through the other output? As in hook one output to an amp for the main music, and hook the other one up to my headphones so I could mix?
I'm pretty sure there's an easy solution to this, I'm just too newb to figure out on my own. please help me out :)

Mensajes Sun 26 Apr 09 @ 10:26 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)