Forum: General Discussion - Topic: VDJ 6 keyboard settings

Discussions about VirtualDJ, and about DJing in general*
This a general discussion forum, please be polite and speak with respect. Before posting, please read the forum rules and FAQ. If you are experiencing technical issues or protection errors please contact Service Support.

(*) The moderators hold the rights to move or modify posts in order to keep the discussions clear or to facilitate the search.
Unlicensed users cannot write personal Email, Facebook, Skype, Phone number or any other personal contact details in the forum.
Foros de VirtualDJ
General Discussion
VDJ 6 keyboard...

Autor - Tema: VDJ 6 keyboard settings -

djfxprogressive
PRO Infinity
Member since 2005

Mensajes Sun 31 May 09 @ 10:06 pm
So far VDJ 6 is the best version yet! Just one question, is there a way for me to load my keyboard settings (shortcuts) file that I used in previous versions? I don't see an option to load in the new version. Thanks!

DJMarze
PRO Infinity
Member since 2007

Mensajes Sun 31 May 09 @ 10:45 pm
Im assuming vdj reads the old keyboard shortcut database? mine loaded up straight away - but i get where you're coming from - i like to have a different set of keyboard shortcuts when im using tcv and internal mode.

cstoll
PRO Infinity
Member since 2004

Honorary Member
Mensajes Sun 31 May 09 @ 10:45 pm
djfxprogressive wrote :
So far VDJ 6 is the best version yet! Just one question, is there a way for me to load my keyboard settings (shortcuts) file that I used in previous versions? I don't see an option to load in the new version. Thanks!

It should have converted your old keyboard shortcuts.xml file ... did you uninstall and delete the old v5 info ?

djfxprogressive
PRO Infinity
Member since 2005

Mensajes Sun 31 May 09 @ 10:51 pm
DJMarze wrote :
Im assuming vdj reads the old keyboard shortcut database? mine loaded up straight away - but i get where you're coming from - i like to have a different set of keyboard shortcuts when im using tcv and internal mode.

Yes, it kept my old keyboard shortcuts and loaded it fine in v6, but I use multiple files. How can I load a different keyboard shortcut file with the new version? Thanks!

cstoll
PRO Infinity
Member since 2004

Honorary Member
Mensajes Sun 31 May 09 @ 10:58 pm
djfxprogressive wrote :
DJMarze wrote :

Yes, it kept my old keyboard shortcuts and loaded it fine in v6, but I use multiple files. How can I load a different keyboard shortcut file with the new version? Thanks!

To explain the new Mapping engine ... everything external to VirtualDJ that can control the software is considered a controller. 1 keyboard - 1 set of mappings.

Why do you use 'multiple' files ? If you explain to me what you use to do in prior versions, I might be able to give you a suggestion on how to make it happen in v6.

djfxprogressive
PRO Infinity
Member since 2005

Mensajes Sun 31 May 09 @ 11:25 pm
I've just been in the habit of using different keyboard shortcuts, depending on whether I use the internal mixer only or an external mixer with TCV. In the previous versions, I just go into Config and choose Load file, then select the keyboard shortcut to use. The Load file option is no longer available in v6. I can probably just merge the files into 1 keyboard shortcut file (I've just been lazy ;), but I'm concerned that this will probably be an issue when I format my HD and install VDJ fresh. It will just use a default keyboard setting, with me not being able to load my merged keyboard shortcut file.

How will I be able to use my shortcuts, without having to re-create them again, after a fresh install of VDJ? Thanks cstoll!

cstoll
PRO Infinity
Member since 2004

Honorary Member
Mensajes Sun 31 May 09 @ 11:46 pm
djfxprogressive wrote :
I've just been in the habit of using different keyboard shortcuts, depending on whether I use the internal mixer only or an external mixer with TCV. In the previous versions, I just go into Config and choose Load file, then select the keyboard shortcut to use. The Load file option is no longer available in v6. I can probably just merge the files into 1 keyboard shortcut file (I've just been lazy ;), but I'm concerned that this will probably be an issue when I format my HD and install VDJ fresh. It will just use a default keyboard setting, with me not being able to load my merged keyboard shortcut file.

How will I be able to use my shortcuts, without having to re-create them again, after a fresh install of VDJ? Thanks cstoll!

You can backup the Keyboard Mapping.xml file that is found in the new folder My Documents/VirtualDJ/Mappers .. then you can just copy and replace the default one if you do a format of your system

djfxprogressive
PRO Infinity
Member since 2005

Mensajes Sun 31 May 09 @ 11:48 pm
I suppose I could just install a fresh copy of a previous version and apply my shortcut file, then upgrade to v6. I just thought it may be possible to apply a file directly in v6, as in previous versions.

djfxprogressive
PRO Infinity
Member since 2005

Mensajes Sun 31 May 09 @ 11:51 pm
cstoll wrote :
djfxprogressive wrote :

You can backup the Keyboard Mapping.xml file that is found in the new folder My Documents/VirtualDJ/Mappers .. then you can just copy and replace the default one if you do a format of your system

Ah, your right. I didn't see the Keyboard Mapping.xml file in the Mappers folder (I just saw the shortcuts.xml file in the VirtualDJ folder). That should do the trick. Thanks!