Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Waveform display doesn't show entire track...

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Quick question:

VDJ Pro 6.0.2, I drop a track onto either deck and the waveform display starts to analyze the song and show the waveform, but it stops about a quarter of the way through and the rest is gray. As the song is playing on the deck, the waveform analyzes the song about 5 or 10 seconds in advance of the actual track position, but still doesn't show the complete waveform.

Any ideas on what is going on or how I can fix this?

Mensajes Fri 09 Oct 09 @ 1:33 pm
Slight correction: The waveform display will analyze about a quarter of the song and the rest of the waveform is simply blank...not gray as I said in my first post.

Mensajes Fri 09 Oct 09 @ 1:38 pm
I had the same problem the other night on my home machine. It usually happens when loading an MP3 after playing a video. I haven't figured a solution yet. It's like something chokes the deck's playback buffer.

In the past I have gotten lucky and loaded another song into the affected player, and it clears the issue.

But during the slow load event the other night I dropped in a song which loaded fine, but when I put another one in the player I had the same issue with slow loading.

The song loads a little then seems to stop loading but will indeed play the song... with the display filling in slightly ahead of the song's playback marker. It normally takes a reboot of the VDJ to clear the problem.

I haven't had this problem on my laptop for a while. You certainly can't use cue marks with this event happening without serious lag.

Atomix...how about a control button that can reset the player on the fly so we don't have to reboot the app ? Like a player enema.... at least 'till we find out what is causing the abnomoly.

JimL

Mensajes Fri 09 Oct 09 @ 3:44 pm
Rebooting doesn't do anything for me....and this has been going on a while. Back when it first started, I uninstalled VDJ completely and reinstalled; this solved the problem temporarily, but after playing a few tracks, the problem started happening again. A reboot of VDJ (and/or the PC) doesn't solve anything...at least in my case.

FWIW, I'm running XP. Dunno if that might be helpful or not, but thought I'd throw it out there.

Mensajes Fri 09 Oct 09 @ 3:49 pm
psuttles wrote :
Rebooting doesn't do anything for me....and this has been going on a while. Back when it first started, I uninstalled VDJ completely and reinstalled; this solved the problem temporarily, but after playing a few tracks, the problem started happening again. A reboot of VDJ (and/or the PC) doesn't solve anything...at least in my case.

FWIW, I'm running XP. Dunno if that might be helpful or not, but thought I'd throw it out there.

Are you using just MP3s, Videos, or both ? And does it work right at all ?

Mensajes Fri 09 Oct 09 @ 3:54 pm
JimmyL-DJ wrote :
Are you using just MP3s, Videos, or both ? And does it work right at all ?

I'm just playing mp3 tracks. I've never played any videos at all.

The tracks play just fine..and all other functions seem to work the way they're supposed to; it's just the waveform display when I load a track onto a deck that isn't working right.

Mensajes Fri 09 Oct 09 @ 3:56 pm
Hmmmmm.... I would suggest trying to trap the issue. See if you can find MP3s that work ok. Then identify ones that don't load right. Open the two in an audio editor and see if there is a bitrate difference or some other parameter.

Mensajes Fri 09 Oct 09 @ 4:04 pm
config/options/"max load" make sure is not set to "none"

Mensajes Fri 09 Oct 09 @ 4:45 pm
OK, I checked out config/options/max load and it was set to "none". Just to experiment, I set it to "always" and loaded a track on both decks and the waveform on both now shows in full.

Thanks much for the suggestion!

Mensajes Fri 09 Oct 09 @ 6:47 pm
I'm glad I could help you. :)

Mensajes Sat 10 Oct 09 @ 4:31 am
Hi, is there a similar fix for VDJ7?

Sometimes I load a track and it plays fine but the waveform only displays a few lines.

Mensajes Thu 13 Oct 11 @ 9:33 pm
Oh and it only loads the next few lines while a track is played, like a very short buffer.

Most other tracks load the entire waveform in a few seconds.

Mensajes Thu 13 Oct 11 @ 9:36 pm

Mensajes Fri 14 Oct 11 @ 6:06 am
Oh nice, looks like it's due to being VBR MP3.

Thanks!

Mensajes Fri 14 Oct 11 @ 11:53 pm
Go to "config"
click on "performance"
under "Memory" there is "Don't pre-load files greater than:"
change the value to "150 mn"

Mensajes Fri 17 Aug 12 @ 4:52 am
Listen to Pravesh1812 above-this totally fixed my loading problem-thanks, man!

Mensajes Tue 02 May 17 @ 4:36 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)