Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: I have lost all my cue points. Can I retrieve them ?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

speng1PRO InfinityMember since 2010
I was playing around with the options in the latest vdj as I had a fatal error occur while searching for some tracks and clicked on dont search in the options menu. Now all my cue points have gone after the ammount of time it took me to set them. Is there any way I can retrieve them please. Thanx in advance

Heres a copy of the crash guard report if that helps

Crash ID=7584acae (date=1006082055, version=6.0.8 Basic, build=608, thread=CoverFlow, dump=880646ff, ex

Mensajes Fri 11 Jun 10 @ 9:20 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
if you have a copy of the xml file yes it is. look in my blog and there is a tutorial that may help you.

Mensajes Fri 11 Jun 10 @ 10:35 am
Just had a look and there is no info in ur blog

Mensajes Fri 11 Jun 10 @ 11:35 am
Unfortunately, if you haven't backed up your xml file, you're out of luck. I've formed a habit of backing up whenever I make a change, in addition to regular backups. I copy the entire VirtualDJ folder into a backup folder so that I can retrieve vital info. when I get myself in hot water. It's a good practice, and might keep you up and running when you would otherwise have problems. I know that I haven't really addressed the problem at hand, but I hope that it will help you in the future. BTW, if you use an external drive, put the xml file from that drive into your backup folder also.

Mensajes Fri 11 Jun 10 @ 2:21 pm
Ok thanks for your advise. I will do that from now on. I have a 500gb laptop hard drive and had about 100gb of music cued up. Just one question which is where do I or how do I get to these xml files you speak of please ? I do have an external hard drive so can put them on here with no probs .

Mensajes Fri 11 Jun 10 @ 5:10 pm
Apologies to moderator for dbl thread .

Earlier today I lost all my cue points after resetting vdj (the latest version. Now I have just started cueing up tracks again, turned of my laptop for a few hrs only to put it back on and find that they have all disappeared again. What have I disturbed please. Also when I change the skin and close vdj down. When I then open it, It all goes back to default .

Mensajes Fri 11 Jun 10 @ 8:06 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
oops sorry, that one went on walk about...

Mensajes Fri 11 Jun 10 @ 8:08 pm
Thank you for the you tube blog. That really helps. I will be attending to that later today as I dnt want a repeat of losing cue points. It takes ages to set them lol. Could some 1 still help me with my last question please.

Mensajes Fri 11 Jun 10 @ 8:55 pm
speng1 wrote :
Ok thanks for your advise. I will do that from now on. I have a 500gb laptop hard drive and had about 100gb of music cued up. Just one question which is where do I or how do I get to these xml files you speak of please ? I do have an external hard drive so can put them on here with no probs .

I didn't see it in the video, so I thought I'd let you know that the xml file is located in the root directory of your external drive(s), while, as the video shows, they are located in the My Documents\VirtualDJ directory for your local drive.

Mensajes Sun 13 Jun 10 @ 2:26 pm
May I please ask if you'd be able to help me:

I too, haven't done anything out of the ordinary; all my cues and bmp's have f*cked off. The cues probably took about 40 hours to do :(
I've watched your youtube video. But a) I'm on a Mac (and new at it!) and b) I haven't moved my files anywhere else or got them on an external hard drive.

My xml file is called V6, but i checked and I seem to have V7 (did an update recently but I didn't realise I had a new version!?) Would you be able to help me restore my xml file at all? Would be much appreciated.

Mensajes Wed 24 Nov 10 @ 8:42 am
Do you have a Time Machine backup?

Mensajes Wed 24 Nov 10 @ 8:49 am
No, I don't. Is that me done and dusted, do you think?

Mensajes Wed 24 Nov 10 @ 10:16 am
Something must have happened .... do a spotlight search on your mac for files containing the name "virtual" and see what comes up. It's unusual for the DB just to wipe itself.

After this, always back up the file to a pen drive or something

Mensajes Wed 24 Nov 10 @ 11:44 am
Yeah I've got the database, it's the xml file. Is there supposed to be something else, there's nothing else with the database name in when using Spotlight, or indeed in my Virtual DJ folder.

Mensajes Thu 25 Nov 10 @ 6:47 am
tayla wrote :
if you have a copy of the xml file yes it is. look in my blog and there is a tutorial that may help you.

Thank you SO MUCH! I was able to track down / restore my previous XML file after realizing I was using LE instead of the PRO I bought, uninstalled LE and lost my settings...restored the files from recycle bin and moved everything to PRO folder and bam all set. Life saved. I had spent literally days setting up BPMs and cue points, was discouraged from doing it all over again.

The appreciation is real...take care!

Mensajes Sun 11 Mar 18 @ 7:32 pm
Glad this information helped you. The information will still be here, but this thread is 8 years old, and does not more post.

Locked by AMAHM

Mensajes Thu 15 Mar 18 @ 6:19 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)