Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: invalid skin file (error line %i in the xml) - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Iv been getting as soon as virtual dj is launched iv reinstalled countless times and deleted the directory as well and i am on an administrative account on my computer which is running Mac os X 10.6.4 and i have the free home version. I heard it was a great program but how am i supose to buy something that wont even start up?

Mensajes Sun 26 Dec 10 @ 12:55 pm
im sorry i do not have the pc version but have a look in your documents folder for a folder named 'virtual dj' in that folder there should be a folder named 'skins' tell me what us what is in that folder.

the easiest way that will most-likely fix this is to just reinstall

Mensajes Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 3:34 am
My skins folder contains

VirtualDJ 7 (2 Decks).zip
VirtualDJ 7 (4 Decks).zip
VirtualDJ 7 (6 Decks).zip
VirtualDJ5.zip

I have reinstalled multiple times and it has not been fixed.

Mensajes Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 8:19 pm
djrj5PRO InfinityMember since 2010
I have the same problem I just purchased vdj pro 7. I have a macbook pro i5 processor running osx 10.6.5. . . .. . It installs but when i open it it says "invalid skin file" "error xml" I have a gig on friday and need help fast!

Thanks

Mensajes Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 10:02 pm
djrj5PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Ok I just got mine working I had the invalid skin file error in the xml. Heres what I did:

go to user/library/preferences find the file com.atomixproductions.virtualdj.plist delete that file, empty your trash bin, then re-open virtual dj and it should ask you for your serial # put it in and it should work.

Let me know how it goes.

RJ5

Mensajes Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 1:09 pm
having same problem and dont want to risk installing again as only allowed to install twice, £250 for something that does not load!!! had enough now and new year upon us!

Mensajes Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 3:19 pm
Ok I just got mine working I had the invalid skin file error in the xml. Heres what I did:

go to user/library/preferences find the file com.atomixproductions.virtualdj.plist delete that file, empty your trash bin, then re-open virtual dj and it should ask you for your serial # put it in and it should work.

Let me know how it goes.

RJ5

IT WORKS! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! i ******* love you man. THANKYOU!

[Please do not use swearwords in your posts.]

Mensajes Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 7:38 pm
djaypromotions wrote :
having same problem and dont want to risk installing again as only allowed to install twice

You may re-install it more than twice without any problems.

Make sure that you install VirtualDJ while logged in as the same user that you will be running it as.

NOTE: The End User License Agreement (EULA) allows you to have the software installed on up to two computers at any one time, providing that they are both for your own personal use and will not be used simultaneously (E.g: Second installation as a backup or for practising at home is OK, allowing a friend or another DJ to use it is NOT allowed.) You may also uninstall the software from an old computer and then install it onto a new computer.

NOTE: If you intend to sell, give away or dispose of an old computer, you must remove VirtualDJ from it first.

You can download the install file for the software again (If needed) from the Download Center: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html

Mensajes Thu 30 Dec 10 @ 9:03 am
that doesnt work for me. it recreates the file that was supposed to be deleted and still does not let virtual dj 7.0 open. i am on the same user as installed to and nothing seems to be working. also on another note this problem did not exist untill recently. ive had virtual dj for years now, other versions then 7.0 as well. and it has never done this. help please, thankyou!

Mensajes Wed 02 Mar 11 @ 3:21 am

Mensajes Wed 02 Mar 11 @ 9:40 am
lacitpoPRO InfinityMember since 2010
The deletion of com.atomixproductions.virtualdj.plist did not fix the problem for me either. Fresh install. It remakes the file, asks for key, and does not open.

Mensajes Tue 07 Jun 11 @ 11:01 pm
The deletion of com.atomixproductions.virtualdj.plist DID fix the problem for me! MANY THANKS!

Mensajes Fri 10 Jun 11 @ 4:48 pm
this is NOT working and is very annoying. Does anyone have an answer?

Mensajes Thu 29 Dec 11 @ 7:10 pm
how can i fix my virtual dj 7 ( 2 decks).zip

Mensajes Wed 11 Jan 12 @ 7:37 pm
smijhLE userMember since 2012
I have the same annoying problem, however I need it explaining to me in layman's terms for MAC. Just don't understand how do do what you guys are saying.

Mensajes Thu 07 Jun 12 @ 6:14 am

Mensajes Thu 07 Jun 12 @ 7:54 am
how do u delete the file com.atomixproductions.virtualdj.plist on a macbook pro wat are the steps to find the file to delete it ?? please help

Mensajes Thu 09 Aug 12 @ 12:03 am
Please follow the instructions on the above page:

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Invalid%20Skin%20Error%20Mac.html

It tells you where the file is located. Simply use Finder to browse to this location and delete it.

Also, as indicated on this page, you may need to reveal the Library folder, which is usually hidden by default on newer MacOS installations. Follow the link at the bottom of the page for instructions on how to do this.

Mensajes Thu 09 Aug 12 @ 3:57 am
i deleted skin file and it is still not working AND the com.atomixproduction file is not present ...any more idea

Mensajes Thu 09 Aug 12 @ 10:59 am

Mensajes Thu 09 Aug 12 @ 11:52 am
87%