Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: How much extra processing power does MIDI require?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hey guys,

I currently run VDJ Pro BASIC on a PENTIUM 4 powered laptop with 2GB of ram.

As long as I don't use video, the system is rock solid, even using FX and scratching with the mouse.

I want to upgrade to the full version because I want to buy a Numark V7. BUT someone told me that running the MIDI to use the V7 will drag my laptop to the ground. I have already partially experienced this when using the ipod touch app as performance gets sketchy.

I'm budgeting for a new laptop next year, but I want the V7 now. But I will wait, if the setup won't be reliable on my PENTIUM 4.

Has anyone seen a performance drag on low power processors using MIDI?
Does using MIDI really require such extra horsepower?

Thanks in advanced for the responses.

Mensajes Thu 24 Feb 11 @ 7:21 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
MIDI generally requires very very little processing power, although it will depend upon the manufacturers drivers and MIDI implementation.

Mensajes Thu 24 Feb 11 @ 9:34 pm
Thank you for the response. Then I may go out and get that V7.

Mensajes Fri 25 Feb 11 @ 8:53 pm
However, the Numark NS7 and V7 have higher system requirements due to the complex nature of their spinning platters. Please check Numark's website for the recommended hardware specifications: http://www.numark.com/v7

A Pentium 4 is unlikely to be fast enough.

Mensajes Sat 26 Feb 11 @ 1:55 pm
I appreciate the input. I will check it out.

Mensajes Sat 26 Feb 11 @ 3:55 pm
I followed your link. You are right. Looks like I will have to wait till I can get a new laptop.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Mensajes Sat 26 Feb 11 @ 3:57 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)