Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Sound Set up on MAC - For headphones and speakers - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi,

Just downloaded the trial version of VDJ and it looks great features, visuals etc but I cannot for the life of me work out how to set up the sound correctly on my MAC.

Ok heres what I have:

- A macbook pro (1 output - headphones)
- 1 x Basic USB soundcard - nothing fancy but it allows me to plug either my speaker or headphones in
- VDJ

Now I have decks so I know how to mix, and I can get the sound to come out of 1 output and if I try to put speakers/headphones in the usb soundcard I just get very load distorted noises. (soundcard not faulty)

I want to play the song playing out of my speakers (through either output) and then listen to the other deck (or both) in my headphones then I can cue the mix before crossfading in.

Can someone please help??

I hope I do not have to purchase a better soundcard with more outputs....

cheers

Mensajes Mon 28 Mar 11 @ 3:42 am
Home FREE is limited software and only supports the following configurations for pre-listening to music using headphones:

(1) If you are using a desktop computer with a 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1 surround sound card built-in, you can use the front and rear outputs of this for master and headphones. Plug stereo amplified speakers into the front output socket and a pair of headphones into the rear output socket.

(2) If you are using a laptop, you can add a basic stereo USB sound card for the headphone output. Your computer's built-in sound card will be used for the master output and the USB card for your headphones (Plug your headphones into the USB card.) From the above, this is the option you will need to use.

(3) You can use the sound card built into your laptop and the mono split option, however this will only give you MONO sound. You will need a splitter cable to split the left/right channels - Please search Google for: 3.5 jack splitter to mono

For more advanced sound configuration such as using two sound cards or multi-channel external DJ sound cards, you will need to purchase a VirtualDJ product such as VirtualDJ Basic or the full Professional: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

Advanced sound configuration and other Pro features such as MIDI controllers can be tried out for 10 minutes at a time, after which the software will revert back to free limited.

NOTE: Home FREE is for non-commercial use only. It cannot be used for DJ gigs where you are being paid.

Mensajes Mon 28 Mar 11 @ 7:27 am
When using two different sound cards on a Mac, you may get this issue that you describe above if the two cards have different capabilities (E.g: 44100 Hz for one card and 48000 Hz for the other.)

To check and change the formats, go to Applications > Utilities > Audio and MIDI Setup

Choose each sound card and check that its format is set to the same sample and bit rate.

The following is recommended:

44100 Hz and 2ch-16bit

NOTE: For live performance, a proper dedicated multichannel DJ sound card is recommended, such as Numark DJIO or Native Instuments Audio 2 DJ, but for this you will need either VirtualDJ Basic or the full VirtualDJ Professional. As above, VirtualDJ Home FREE cannot at DJ gigs where you are being paid.

Mensajes Mon 28 Mar 11 @ 7:29 am
Hi thanks for your help but im still having problems....

I followed your instructions and have managed to get sound coming through the headphones as well as the main speakers.

BUT, the sound is extremely distorted, getting lots of feedback (i think), the headphones work fine when listening to itunes which i find odd.

Also I cannot figure out how to listen to one deck at a time, even if I do sort the sound issues out (maybe I need a better usb sound card) I still do not know what buttons to press on the screen to make the song I am cueing up only play through the headphones (along with the other song) and not the speakers.

Hope you can help

Mensajes Tue 29 Mar 11 @ 3:01 am
bennyd63ControlleristMember since 2011
I too am suffering from this same problem. Are there any fixes?

Running Macbook with a cheap USB soundcard. Lots of garbled sounds before and after messing with all the midi settings.

Mensajes Sun 10 Apr 11 @ 1:02 pm
I gave up due to the lack of replies here. I am now testing 2 other programs which work ok so far....not sure which one ill end up sticking with:

ultramixer & DJ-1800

Ultramixer has a slight edge so far and I have had no issues with quality.

I would prefer to use virtualdj, I like it more that the alternatives and its much easier to mix with but until I get a reply with a fix im not paying $300

Mensajes Sun 10 Apr 11 @ 10:02 pm
yelladHome userMember since 2011
HI, I had the same problem withe the garbled sound and having alredy purchased a usb sound card was reluctant to buy another. I took the risk and got a Griffin 'Imic' £20 on Amazon at the moment and VDJ is now working perfectly. I hope this helps.

Mensajes Tue 12 Apr 11 @ 5:24 pm
yelladHome userMember since 2011
- thought i should add that I didn't have to change any sound settings on my Macbook - it just worked.

Mensajes Tue 12 Apr 11 @ 5:27 pm
I have also just bought a DJ IO soundcard, and major sound distortion through the headphones. Well annoying it is.

Mensajes Wed 13 Apr 11 @ 5:53 am
As I just said on the other post, if you're getting distorted sound in one of the outputs (Headphones) go to applications>utilities>audio/midi setup and make sure both your external USB device and the built in input are the same - (make sure both are 44 or 48 and not one of each, set both to 44 or 48 khz(?) And your problem should go away)

As long as both are the same you should be fine.

Mensajes Thu 21 Apr 11 @ 10:43 am
@bboulton

Does not work. Same distortion. I can only choose 48 on the usb soundcard and the other output (master) is set at 48 too.

I thought maybe its the soundcard but then why does it work with the other 2 programmes i mention above?

Mensajes Sun 24 Apr 11 @ 9:01 pm
I have a funny feeling it has something to do with the latency settings in the performances menu but I am yet to get it perfect!

AAAAGGGHHHHHH just bloody work!!

Mensajes Thu 28 Apr 11 @ 11:33 pm
just had a play with Mixx which is free in the app store. works excellent does everything vdj does appart from loop sampler and effects (does flange tho). Ill keep my $300 and spend it on music later vdj - bin

Mensajes Fri 29 Apr 11 @ 12:04 am
im trying to configure my mixdeck with MAC and following the intructions below:

None
external mixer
Asio Driver

But I am not able to see the Asio Driver on my end. What am I doing wrong? Please assist.

Mensajes Sat 30 Apr 11 @ 12:14 am
ASIO is for PC only. Mac does not have ASIO.

Go to CONFIG -> Sound Setup and set your sound as follows:

Inputs: None
Outputs: External Mixer
Sound card: Numark (If Numark is not listed, choose 4-out card and Numark in the drop-down list.)

Click APPLY.

Make sure that the channels on the mixer section of the MixDeck are set to PC.

Mensajes Sat 30 Apr 11 @ 5:11 pm
I have the same problem.
I bought a cheap usb sound card, and set it up like explained in this thread, but the sound coming from te second sound card is just horribly distorted. It works fine in iTunes, so it's not a "dud" card.

Any other suggestions?

Mensajes Sat 04 Jun 11 @ 5:23 pm
I have a problem with my mixdeck, sometimes it will not work eg. song that is loaded in the right channel you will have to move the fader to left for it to play the song

Mensajes Tue 07 Jun 11 @ 7:47 pm

Mensajes Wed 08 Jun 11 @ 6:27 am
I figured this would be the correct thread to ask my question in,
I use a hercules mp3 e2 with the VDJ software that comes with it, on an ibook g4 with 10.5.8 software.
I bought a soundcard (the soundcard i think is made for PC's but it still 'works' on my mac) to allow me to seperate the audio and cue up the next song only in my headphones. If i plug my headphones into the headphone jack on the soundcard (5.1) and external speakers into the headphone jack on the computer, the audio seperates but the headphone music is garbled and static filled. ive used several headphones and the speakers in replacement and i think there is something wrong with the connection, so i need a new one.
What sound cards work well with this setup that are in a $30 and under price range? I'm thinking about the turtle beach amigo 2 but just want to know if theres anything better i should use

Mensajes Tue 09 Aug 11 @ 10:29 pm
If you are using this card and your internal sound card, then this is most likely caused by a difference in the sample and/or bitrate of the two cards. See http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Common%20Mac%20Performance%20Issues.html

If it's a 5.1 card, you would be better to use it for both master and headphone output:

Inputs: None
Outputs: Headphones
Sound card: 4 out card -> Choose the card in the list.

Plug your a pair of stereo amplified speakers into the front speaker output socket and your headphones into the rear speaker socket.

You may also need to configure it for 4 channel audio in MacOS - See http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Configure%204%20channel%20audio%20on%20Mac.html

Mensajes Wed 10 Aug 11 @ 4:12 am
87%