Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Denon MC6000 + Timecode - Page: 2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

We all have our opinions, and to me, time-code is like Milli Vanilli lip syncing. Damn they looked good on stage, except they were not singing. People using time-code look like they are playing records, except they are not. As someone who has been around a long, long time, we all know what is required to play records. RECORDS. I use to play records a long, long time ago. You remember, searching through crates, removing a piece of vinyl, putting it on a turntable, and cueing up a song, and playing? Time-coders use a computer to carry their music. They use a keyboard and a mouse to look for a song. They use a turntable, with a piece of vinyl that has zeros and ones on it, to control the position of a waveform, that is a music file. They look like they are playing records, but they are not. Now, there is nothing wrong with pretending like you are playing records. I mean, no one really cares, as long as the music is good. I don't know about you guys, but I was pumping Milli Vanilli, because they were the hottest shit on the planet. I still play Milli Vanilli videos, and the dance floor is still packed. I used to carry a large 80 pound boom box on my shoulder, to listen to music. I used to carry a Walkman, then a CD Walkman. Now, we slip a little ipod, the size of a stamp into our pockets, with a million songs on it. At one time, I had to carry turntables, amplifiers, speakers, mixers, equalizes, limiters, you know, a truck load of shit and records, to do a party. Now I don't, and know one cares, as long as the music is good. What do I use? A desktop computer, a Denon DN MC6000, powered speakers, a drive rack, audio and video files. It looks like I am using a controller to play audio and video files.

Mensajes Wed 28 Sep 11 @ 12:41 pm
I don't know where your going or what your trying to say but this has nothing to do with looking fake! For ME its about being comfortable, nothing more nothing less............For ME scratching on 3 inch jogs is not comfortable, that's why I would like to this unit support timecodes. Like I said with the amount of people that want it I'm sure it'll come..........and yes Milli Vanilli still rocks!

Good Day
Huey

Mensajes Wed 28 Sep 11 @ 1:46 pm
There are many time code options on the market, this controller was built for those that don't need time code. They did not miss the mark, they made a decision that there was a market they were targeting, non time code users. They may build one later, for time code users, this one was built for those that don't need time code. You don't have to please all the people all the time, just most of the people, most of the time. I Think they did that.

Mensajes Wed 28 Sep 11 @ 2:31 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)