Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Taking Live calls on internet radio - Skype? - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I am broadcasting through a shoutcast server and at times it would be nice to take live calls on the air. Do you know if it is possible to map skype for example into Virtual DJ? I am still in the learning process when it comes to mapping. Thanks

Mensajes Wed 22 Feb 12 @ 8:48 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Very possible. Just a matter of enough soundcards and the right mixer.....

Mensajes Wed 22 Feb 12 @ 9:05 pm
Yea I think I have it figured out, worse case I can always take calls via skype through nicecast as well. Ideally however it would be nice to avoid nicecast and just run everything through VDJ. I'll post up my solution and how I got it accomplished once I get it all dialed in. It seems to be a common question for beginning radio DJ's like myself.

Mensajes Thu 23 Feb 12 @ 2:38 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
ive recently transitioned to using broadwave to stream my radio (currently still working on the website) .. but with broadwave there is a way to direct stream audio from your skype to your radio stream, they have aalso got functionality to listen to your audio output as long as your soundcard supports stereo mixing.

this option allows you to broadcast everything that is sent to your audio output. so you can essentially broadcast audio mixing from all your softwares, skype calls etc... at one time. if you can hear it, your listeners ca hear it.

Mensajes Fri 24 Feb 12 @ 4:44 am
Thanks Bluelight. I am broadcasting through nicecast and I think I can actually make it work on there as well by simply pulling in the audio as an additional app. The only bad thing about this method is that if I play sound effects, music, or whatever through VDJ - my caller on the line in from skype doesn't hear any of that. They just hear my voice as they would on a normal skype call.

Ideally I am going to find a way to bring skype right into into VDJ somewhow. I'm on a mission!

Mensajes Fri 24 Feb 12 @ 12:25 pm
jeremyenke wrote :
Ideally I am going to find a way to bring skype right into into VDJ somewhow. I'm on a mission!

I think it is good idea to bring SKYPE into VDJ as tools for radio broadcasting or it could be a plugins, instead of having another headache in configuring another set of board/gears or soundcard to make this works. Maybe we could ask VDJ teams to supports it on the next version of VDJ again it could be another killer features for VDJ to be superior on their competitors.

Mensajes Sat 25 Feb 12 @ 6:35 am
if you are using skype, as long as your mic is routed into broadwave your entire conversation will be broadcast. broadwave bypasses vdj al. together and broadcasts all audio that is sent to your soundcard including mic inputs. it would be nice to have something like broadwave built into vdj.

Mensajes Sat 25 Feb 12 @ 12:47 pm
That's all well and good as long as you want the entire conversation broadcast. What if you want to talk off air?

Getting a sound card routed through my mixer and then out through Shoutcast is the easy bit. I'd really like the power to switch my studio mic from 'on air' to 'skype' so I can take calls through my headphones with skype sound card on cue through the mixer.

Backed up by a VDJScript verb or two so I can 'push to talk' to skype, broadcast or both...

Need to put this in the Wishes and New Features forum.

Cheers,

Roy

Mensajes Sat 25 Feb 12 @ 7:37 pm

Mensajes Sun 26 Feb 12 @ 1:06 am
When that post was created, VirtualDJ 6 was still fairly new and the thread has not been posted in for almost 2 years now. So let's keep the discussion here please.

Mensajes Sun 26 Feb 12 @ 10:50 am
So ideally I would to see this handled through the advanced audio config with the ability to route sound to and from applucations - if they allow.

And as mentioned previously some verbs to allow routing on the fly like switching the mic...

Would be great if it was possible.

Cheers,

Roy

Mensajes Sun 26 Feb 12 @ 12:05 pm
It is possible I do it all the time. I record my podcast, while my partner is 30 miles away on Skype. Buy something like this. Mine is the 16 channel version. Use something like an RMX for the audio out for VDJ. You are going to need to configure VDJ to record the audio from the mixer. It is really very easy.....

Mensajes Sun 26 Feb 12 @ 12:30 pm
Terry,

I too have done this with a USB sound card and have co DJ'd a live broadcast with Skype. However I couldn't talk to the other DJ "off air". The only way we could communicate was via instant messages through Skype.

That of course is one option, but being able to speak to the other person without broadcasting it would be ideal. Yes I could have a second PC with a headset and just route the audio from the second PC through the mixer - and swapping headsets/mics is all possible, but if there is a better way... why not!

I know a few of the DJ's at the local FM station and when you call in and they put you on hold you get the station played to you down the phone. So if a plugin or advanced config option could take software like Skype in to consideration it would be a godsend...

Ideally be able:

• to route output to Skype/Other Software
  • allow 'push to talk' for mic to Skype/Other Software not to master/broadcast
  • route Skype/Other Software to a Deck as an input source

Maybe an API could be exposed for a new bread of plugin allowing it to replace a deck, be visible in the advanced audio config. Would even make it possible to slave/chain Virtual DJ to Virtual DJ much like a Rewire solution but enabling exposure to non rewired type applications.

Don't think this is too far fetched, and would go well with the broadcast and pro versions...

Cheers,

Roy

Mensajes Mon 27 Feb 12 @ 3:01 pm
anyone tried using virtual audio cable???? maybe that will help some...

Mensajes Tue 28 Feb 12 @ 2:50 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
Hi,

i did this with a friend of mine and it works fine.
The only thing is to use a propper soundcard and then use Advanved Config (Record Loopback) to bing the complete audio to the VDJ Broadcast Config.

Mensajes Tue 28 Feb 12 @ 9:40 am
It's great to see that I am not the only one looking for a simpler solution to taking live calls. I'd actually pay a freelancer or coder to write a script or plugin that would seemlessly integrate skype. Imagine a simple "On Air" and "Off Air" button for mapping skype into your conversation. That would be wicked.

Mensajes Tue 28 Feb 12 @ 2:22 pm
Exactly...!

Mensajes Tue 28 Feb 12 @ 6:40 pm
In a perfect world, being able to bring in conversations via skype would be easily done with an additional USB sound card and by simply mapping it to the board with a nice little On Air toggle on top like this. If anyone knows of a skin developer or someone who could code this up, I'd be happy to pay for it and then pass it on to you guys. It would seem like a very useful feature for those of us that dabble in talk radio but are not extremely tech savvy when it comes to mapping, set-up, etc.

PM me if you can or know someone who might be bale to make this happen.

Mensajes Wed 29 Feb 12 @ 1:02 pm
What your talking about is a "talk back" feature. It is available on high end studio boards. Not being a code writer, I do not know if a work around is feasible in VDJ.

Mensajes Wed 29 Feb 12 @ 6:00 pm
Hi I am new to the community and this is the first thing I was looking for. I have been doing online talk radio since 2007 using Blog Talk Radio but the sound quality was really crappy, 32kbs. I then started looking into doing shoutcast streams and purchased Sam Broadcaster which allows you to do everything discussed here with Skype. But Spacial Audio does not have a service where you can legally stream music. A real popular national radio host named Michael Baisden does a combination of music and talk and that is what I am looking to do legally which is what brought me to this community since VDJ has the subscription service to allow me to do it. At first I started using an external sound card for Skype and patched it via audio cables to Sam. Since Sam has the mic on/off feature, you can talk to callers "off air" and then bring them on when you are ready to start talking by pushing the mic on button. I just downloaded VDJ and will start working on this over the coming weeks, it will be slow going since I do a live program on my website and will be picked up by another website five days per week. I will do my best to resolve this issue without purchasing a bunch of expensive mixers and when I figure it out I will post here. My website is http://blacktalkradionetwork.com and will also be simulcasting on http://nuviberadio.com and in the next couple of weeks. I know I can figure this out but can't think straight now because I have not slept in 22 hrs. Once I do then I will know I can use VDJ and will purchase it and the subscription service.

Mensajes Thu 01 Mar 12 @ 3:31 am
80%