Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Hercules RMX + VDJ Pro 7 Sudden Crackling after a few hours.

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi, i've been using the Hercules RMX controller for the past 7 months or so now with VDJ Pro and for the best part it's work fine but i have always had some issues with it that never seem to go away and cause me a lot of stress when performing.

Basically my setup consists of my laptop, hercules controller and the line out the the speakers, with the RMX taking microphone input and headphone output.

To begin with the controller will work fine but after maybe 2 or 3 hours of constant playing the quality will suddenly drop. Not a gradual thing, instantly and becomes crackly and sounds terrible. The only way i've found to solve the problem is to close VDJ completely and restart it. Which doesn't take long but leave people wondering what's going on :(

I also found that it only happens when i'm choosing songs on the night and shuffling songs about. If I leave VDJ on automix the problem does not happen, it's only when i start adding songs in and moving songs.

I have read a few posts on this already and have tried changing the ASIO buffer but as soon as i on VDJ it automatically changes it back to WDM.

This has bothered me for months, i've reinstalled VDJ, changed every setting i can think of but it still happens.

Has anyone else experienced any problem like this? If so any help would be appreciated as i have no clue at all and i'm pretty good with this kind of thing :(

Thanks in advance, and this is my first post on this so go easy :P

Stuart

Mensajes Tue 08 May 12 @ 11:31 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
First thing you might want to do is to take a look at the following guide:

http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00364.pdf

Secondly, yes changing the ASIO buffer size can make a differennce, but it needs to be done when VDJ is closed.

From the Hercules DJ Control Panel, switch to ASIO audio mode, and you will then have access to the ASIO tab, where you will be able to change the buffer size. Only go for one step at a time. Make the change, use VDJ as you wold normally, and take notice if the problem seems to disappear or gets worst. You will have to repeat until you find the value that works best for your configuration.

Mensajes Wed 09 May 12 @ 6:17 am
Thanks for the reply!

After months of trying to figure out what was causing it I worked it out and seem to have fixed it.

When using my Hercules RMX i had the config of VDJ as follows:

Inputs: Microphone

Outputs: Headphones + Speakers

Sound Card: DJconsole RMX with the "Apply Eq on external inputs" ticket

I found that the microphone input on the RMX works with the input section in VDJ set to "None", since setting it to none, the problem seems to have stopped.

I can't explain how this could effect it but it seems to have worked so let's hope it stays that way!

Thanks for your help

Stuart

Mensajes Wed 09 May 12 @ 7:32 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)