Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: RELOOP Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Mensajes Wed 28 Nov 12 @ 8:56 pm
Good Morning,
Please I need help setting up VIRTUAL DJ to work with my new systems. I have the following:

2 x Reloop Alpha 2.5 CDJ/MIDI Controller
1 x Behreingher 750 Dj mixer
1 x Versaport audio card (4x4)
2 x 800watts speakers
Virtual Dj pro software

I am formerly using a NUMARK MIDI Controller but I have just bought my complete machine but I cant seem to connect it properly. I will be very much HAPPY if someone will help me. I connect it properly but the sound is not coming out more so the CDJ is not controlling the software even though it shows in the mapping section.

Mensajes Thu 03 Jan 13 @ 4:21 am

Mensajes Thu 03 Jan 13 @ 6:35 am
Hi-I am a bit confused about how the configurations operate- I have the typhoon- the music plays through my headphones but the cross fader does not play- do i need to have the rca cables hooked up in order for me to hear the other decks music? shouldnt i be able to hear the cross fade through my headphones? with out having to press the headphone button? I can only hear one song at a time...inless my sound board is not connected i can mix through just the computer but I would lideally like to practice the the boards...I dont have have a receiver hook up to play with speakers thanks

how can you save a loop for a song while the real song plays- if you wish to eventually play the loop at any other time during that particular song?

thanks again

Mensajes Fri 01 Feb 13 @ 8:59 pm
You must have a pair of powered speakers connected to the master output on the back of the Typhoon. If you wish to use your computer's speakers instead, please see our FAQ pages: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJ%20LE%20sound%20through%20computer%20speakers.html

The headphones are for pre-listening to the next track only. On two deck controllers, you can only select one at a time for PFL, but if your controller or the on-screen skin has a headphone mix knob, then this can be used to adjust the blend between the cued (PFL) track and master output (Track playing live), so you can hear both at the same time.

You can't currently save loops, but in the full VirtualDJ Pro, SBDJ's CueMacro plugin can be used to do this and much, much more. Native ability to save loops may be possible in a future version of the software such as the forthcoming VirtualDJ v8.

NOTE: This topic is for support on Reloop products not Vestax. In future, please ask questions specific to Vestax products in the Vestax support thread or open your own new topic.

Mensajes Sat 02 Feb 13 @ 1:02 pm
Hi I have a TM2 running through VDJ Pro 7.3 on a MBP which I love to bits. I would like to add a pair of turntables (a super OEM variant) with Rane CV02 timecode vinyl into my setup but the TM2 only has support for a single phono in.

Would it be possible by using an external sound card (Maya 44 or NI Audio 6 or even an Spin! 2+)rather than the TM2s internal soundcard to use the timecode vinyl on desks 3 & 4 of the TM2?

Would decks 1+2 still function as previously and would I loose any other controls (eq, cues, fx)?

Struggling to understand how or if this set up could work, would it be simpler to trade the TM2 and pick up a Jockey III ME? Really dont want to do this a the TM2 works great and other than the issue above dont feel any need to change

Mensajes Tue 19 Feb 13 @ 8:59 am
arzee1PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hello,

I have a TM4 with VDJ 7.3 and I am using the TM4 skin. My problem is the sample volume knob on the TM4 will only control the volume of the sample in the first bank. I can see the fader move up and down in the software when I turn the knob on the TM4. I tried playing another sample in another bank through the software and turned the knob but it has no affect. Any ideas?

Mensajes Sat 09 Mar 13 @ 11:40 pm
The knob on the TM4 will control the volume of the current selected sample on the deck. Use the knob on the TM4 to select the sample and play/stop it (Make sure that you use a skin that shows the selected sample on each deck, so you can see which one is selected.)

If you use your keyboard or mouse to directly play/stop each sample slot directly on the SAMPLER screen, it won't change the default selected sample on the deck and you won't be able to control its volume via the TM4.

Mensajes Sun 10 Mar 13 @ 11:58 am
Thanks!

Mensajes Sat 16 Mar 13 @ 2:11 pm
Hello,

I am using the Reloop TM4 to mix with the latest VDJ Pro. How do I adjust the level of my mixes and samples when recording them?

Mensajes Thu 27 Feb 14 @ 10:34 pm

Mensajes Sun 02 Mar 14 @ 2:34 pm
It's not my posting methodology, it's the forum rules:

Quote :
* Do not 'hijack' a topic by posting a message or question that is not related to the topic in any way. If you wish to post an unrelated message, please open your own new topic in the appropriate forum (Click on the pen and paper icon at the top of the forum topic list.)

*Do not bump an old topic that is more than 1 year old. Old topics may no-longer be relevant to the current version of the software. Please open your own new topic in the appropriate forum.

The recording level is determined by your master volume setting as well as the individual gain and volume sliders of each deck. Check that the volume knob on the default VirtualDJ skin is set to an appropriate level (The default 100% should be OK in most cases.)

NOTE: If the volume knob on-screen doesn't move when you move the knob on the TM4, then it's a hardware volume control. You can adjust the volume in VirtualDJ itself using your mouse if necessary.

Use the VU meters on the TM4 to check that the level of decks that you are mixing is similar. Check that the gain is set correctly for each song. Normally this should be the case because VirtualDJ normalises each track to 0dB, but in some cases the gain may need adjusting manually. If you hear the limiter 'pumping' and the limiter light on the default skin constantly illuminates, you will need to reduce the gain slightly until it only triggers occasionally.

NOTE: Also, if you have already recording a mix where the volume is too low, then a tool such as MP3gain can be used to normalise it to the optimal level.

Mensajes Mon 03 Mar 14 @ 5:18 am
Thanks for your help!

Mensajes Tue 04 Mar 14 @ 7:14 pm
RazKoolControlleristMember since 2015
Hi there

I have three issues with a newly purchased Reloop Beatpad and VirtualDJ 8 (2094.909). I'm unsure if 2 & 3 are general issues, issues with my physical controller or bugs in V8.

1. The mapping for the Pitch Bend "-" key is incorrectly defined in the original settings. For the Pitch Bend "+" key the action is "pitch_bend +5% 500ms" but this isn't reflected in the "-" key as "pitch_bend -5% 500ms" but has another action related to the Cross Fader. I have modified this as a custom mapping but the factory settings really need to be modified.

2. The Action for the "FX Select" encoder is set as "effect select" as expected - However, when turning the FX Select encoder 'clockwise' to select an FX, the available list rolls through as expected and then at the end you get a popup error/dialogue box saving "Error opening Xml plugin file" (see screen shot). The same happens in reverse if you rotate in an 'anti-clockwise' direction and try to go past the first entry in the list.

3. Often, if I set a hot cue, whilst the VDJ8 interface reflects this, the blue cue buttons/pads on the controller don't and remain unlit. However, if I then switch to "Bounce Loop", "Instant FX" or "Sampler" and then back to Cue, the pad are lit as expected. The same can happen with the "Sampler" pads - They can sometimes show unlit when in fact they do have an associated sample. Switching back and forth thru "Bounce Loop", "Instant FX" or "Cue" and then back to "Sampler" will rectify this.

I would appreciate any assistance.

B

Mensajes Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 5:03 am
1. Fixed in builds ending at xxxx.910 or higher.
to receive the latest controllers version (last 3 digits), simply launch VirtualDJ 8, wait for 2-3 mins and relaunch

2. Can you tell which Effect does the error come from ? Probably a Plugin that is not compatible with version 8 ?

3. Can you try to press/select the CUES mode right after launching and see if the Leds behave properly after that ? Basically its a firmware issue, we found a workaround to bypass it but may not work 100%

Mensajes Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 8:50 am
Hi DJDad

1. Thanks - Seems right mappings in that release.
2. I have gone back to a vanilla install and the issues regards the XML file has gone. I suspect it was one of the additional fx plug-ins - I'll now try to determine which and let you know.
3. Have tried CUE button work around - Seems to have had little effect and I still get the issue with both Cue and Sample buttons.

Cheers

B

Mensajes Fri 23 Jan 15 @ 6:26 am
Hi there

Having upgraded to the latest VirtualDJ 8 and BeatPad firmware I'm still finding that the hot cue pads and sample pads to not lite up as they are supposed to. The hot cue pads may light up correctly if in 'cue' mode and loading a track but more often than not, randomly switching between bounce loop, instant fx and sample then going back to cue, or having one of these modes active when loading a track, the cue pads don't reflect the actual cue points set.

Similarly, the sample pads do not light up and reflect the fx colours as suggested in the manual. See photo.

Also the state of the fx and loop buttons does not always reflect the true state as per the VDJ8 UI.

I can reproduce all of this at will!!

Is this a firmware or VDJ8 issue?

Mensajes Fri 30 Jan 15 @ 1:18 pm
Most likely its a firmware issue we have reported to Reloop. We noticed that when we were writing the official mapping files. Hopefully it will be addressed soon.
PS. The same behavior exists in Serato too.

Mensajes Fri 30 Jan 15 @ 2:28 pm
Hi DJDad

If it's of any help, I put VDJ8 on my Mac Mini this morning as a test (latest download + updates) and the HotCue pads behave perfectly as do the other buttons except the sampler pads which continue to misbehave and are not as per the Beatpad/VDJ8 manual.

Does that still suggest a firmware issue?

Mensajes Sat 31 Jan 15 @ 5:52 am
Hello.

I have a problem with my RMP-3 alpha players. VDJ 8 recognizes the players as a RMP-2.5 and the mapping wont work.
I have the latest firmware installed. Any ideas for solution?

Mensajes Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 1:38 am
36%