Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Hooking up numark mixtrack pro or pro 2 to 2 powered speakers?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

hey everyone! im looking at getting a new board for my djing, i have 2 mackie powered speakers and i was wondering how i would hook them both up to either one of those mixers. i noticed that the pro 2 only has one output so idk how i would be able to run both speakers through them?

Mensajes Wed 21 Aug 13 @ 1:16 pm
pick up some of these at you local equipment dealer...

Mensajes Wed 21 Aug 13 @ 3:53 pm
Why would he need those?

The Mixtrack Pro has a stereo output. The left channel connects to one speaker and the right channel connects to the other.

I'm amazed that the OP doesn't know how to connect the output of a mixer to a pair of speakers. it's hardly rocket science!

Mensajes Wed 21 Aug 13 @ 4:02 pm
no i do know how, the numark board im using now has female XLR on for the output and not RCA. and it has 4 outputs, one for each speaker, the mixtrack pro 2 only has one output so thats why i was curious, no one around me sells them so i couldnt go check them out in person.

Mensajes Wed 21 Aug 13 @ 5:16 pm
im 16 and have been djing for 2 years now but with older equipment.. im trying to get everything straight with newer stuff so sorry if i seem about dumb about it.. haha.

i can only seem to find 2 RCA to dual male XLR, im looking for one on amazon like in the picture with just 1 XLR

Mensajes Wed 21 Aug 13 @ 5:19 pm
DJ_D1vine wrote :
it has 4 outputs, one for each speaker

So you've got FOUR speakers? You said earlier that you had two.

By the way, mixer outputs would be on male XLRs, not female.

DJ_D1vine wrote :
the mixtrack pro 2 only has one output

Yes....one STEREO output. Two RCA sockets. One for the left channel and one for the right.

The same is true for XLR outputs. One XLR connector carries the left signal and the other carries the right signal.

The cable you need is RCA to XLR. Two RCA at one end (left and right) to two XLR at the other (left and right).

You don't feed both left & right outputs into one speaker. Each speaker is mono - it takes ONE channel (either left or right).

Mensajes Wed 21 Aug 13 @ 5:29 pm

Mensajes Wed 21 Aug 13 @ 5:40 pm
That's the type you need.

If that's not long enough, what you could do is use two long XLR - XLR cables (female to male) to extend the XLR connections from that short cable out to the speakers.

Or just buy a longer cable! Measure the distance that you normally set up your speakers at, then buy a cable longer than that distance.

Mensajes Wed 21 Aug 13 @ 5:49 pm
thats a good idea!!! i have a bunch of 20 ft xlr to xlrs for our systems so i could just use those. thats perfect. thank you! haha.

Mensajes Wed 21 Aug 13 @ 5:51 pm
hi there I'm new starting out with a unmark mix track pro 2. what cables exactly would i ned in order to help play sound out loud i tried attaching to a 2:1 speaker set which didn't work and also to the computer so it plays no sound any advice?

Mensajes Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 3:46 pm
when using an external mixer with mixtrack pro where do i connect the mixtrack pro on the mixer is it line or phono?

Mensajes Mon 22 Dec 14 @ 3:07 pm
pippin12 wrote :
when using an external mixer with mixtrack pro where do i connect the mixtrack pro on the mixer is it line or phono?

Line. If you hook it in the phono, it will sound distorted.

Mensajes Mon 22 Dec 14 @ 11:22 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)