Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: auto voice over / talk over - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

is there any way to have auto voice over ?

I assume that this is not possible because VDJ can not monitor the Mic channel as this is implemented in the controller hardware (my mixtrack pro has just mixes the mic with the output, mic thru !)

any one got a solution for this ?

Mensajes Thu 24 Oct 13 @ 3:01 am
Explain to me what it is you want to do. I don't understand, from your explanation.

Mensajes Thu 24 Oct 13 @ 4:46 pm
I am guessing he wants the volume of the music to drop when the mic is in use and revert back up afterwards.

Mensajes Thu 24 Oct 13 @ 5:15 pm
If that is the case if your controller doesn't have the option most sound cards use to connect your controller to your pc should.

Mensajes Thu 24 Oct 13 @ 5:22 pm
Yeah, you (sureview) are right. VDJ can't possibly dip the music volume based on the mic signal because the mic is connected after VDJ, to the controller.

The solution is to dip the volume yourself using the fader. It's the way I always do it, even if my mixer does have dipping - it's more natural IMO.

Mensajes Thu 24 Oct 13 @ 5:28 pm
Ok, most call it talk over, or ducking. My Hercules has a talk over switch, but it is not automatic. You have to press it every time you talk. You can adjust how many db you want it to decrease. My Denon has a ducking switch, which will decrease the sound, as long as you talk. When you finish, it will increase the volume back to the original setting. This is more of an automatic setting, as you can leave the mic on. I do not know of a soundcard that will do that for you. Most mixers have this functions.

Mensajes Thu 24 Oct 13 @ 5:35 pm

Mensajes Thu 24 Oct 13 @ 8:25 pm
thanks for your posts, I will take a look at the plug in.

the main use is to lower the music to talk over while I am not on stage, I often build a mini playlist of a half a dozen songs, pick up a radio mic, and take to the dance floor / party, with my old analogue mixer all you had to do is engage the talk over.

I don't want to go down the line of full blown remote app, as all I want to do is lower the music

I am an electronics engineer by trade so I have thought of maybe a RF push to talk switch , I would have no problem building the hardware and interfacing it to the pc, but I am not a programmer so would require help with that side/

from what I have read on this site , I assume I could send a midi message to VDJ to lower and raise the master out ?

thanks for your suggestions

Mensajes Fri 25 Oct 13 @ 2:11 am
I have downloaded the plugin , but it does not support vista , win 7 etc, just throws errors when it tries to get the information from the sound system, must be due to the way the audio is handled in vista, 7, inknow its very different to the way xp works

Pity, as it looked like it would do what I wanted

Mensajes Fri 25 Oct 13 @ 2:19 am
sureview wrote :
thanks for your posts, I will take a look at the plug in.

The plugin won't do anything because it would require a mic signal feeding into VDJ and yours (when plugged into the Mixtrack) does not.

As you mentioned being on the dance floor, I guess this means you're using a wireless mic?

If so, with a suitable audio interface you could plug the output of the receiver into your computer and feed the signal to an input of VDJ - then you might have some luck.

Mensajes Fri 25 Oct 13 @ 5:02 am
yes i could feed the radio mic into the pc sound card and the plugin would use it , but its notcompatible with vista or windows 7, it cant access the pc mixer controls, throws an error :-(

Mensajes Fri 25 Oct 13 @ 5:42 am
Maybe Scott (SBDJ) could knock up a solution...

Thinking some more about it, you could maybe use a VST compressor that has a sidechain function. There are plenty of free ones around.

You feed the mic signal to the sidechain input so that the compressor ducks the music channel when you speak.

Mensajes Fri 25 Oct 13 @ 5:50 am
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Mensajes Fri 25 Oct 13 @ 6:08 am
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
+1 Groovin. Nice idea :-D You could just set for fast attack and adjust ratio for whatever reduction in level you wanted. Would just route the master out through 2compressor channels to give left/right and the mic to the side chain on both together. Sorted :-D

Daz

Mensajes Fri 25 Oct 13 @ 6:18 am
thanks groovindj, the DU30b DUCKER looks good, I think I will see if i can find one for sale in the uk (or something like it)

it would be good if i could find a unit thta works on the same principle but has a mic thru on it, then my mic channel could still go via my mic mixer, for EQ , echo, reverd Etc

even the DU30b as it stands will do the basics of what I need , nice find.

I am not a big fan of compressors / limiters, they have there uses, but overkill for my mobile setup, I did consider that they may be able to do the job, but if i am going to spend some cash it may as welll be on something like the du30, thanks for the suggestion

Mensajes Sat 26 Oct 13 @ 4:54 am
sureview wrote :
via my mic mixer, for EQ , echo, reverd Etc

Whoa, hang on! You're using a mixer for your mic that's got EQ, echo, reverb etc.?

Your previous posts read as if you were using the Mixtrack Pro...

What mixer is it? Maybe we can find a solution there.

sureview wrote :
I am not a big fan of compressors......but if i am going to spend some cash

A compressor / limiter is what's being employed to provide the talkover/ducking function on mixers that do have the option. It's a basic one, but that's what it's doing. That's also what's in the DU30B. Plus it seems you missed the word "free" in my previous post. :-)

Mensajes Sat 26 Oct 13 @ 5:41 am
I dont have space in my new compact equipment rack for a traditional mixer, and I have no need for one as I use the mixer in the mixtrack pro, It does have a dedicated microphone mixer which is mainly used for Karaoke.

so I can use the mic channel on the mixtrack or one of the inputs on the mic mixer, the mixer has the advantage of the EQ etc.

the Ducker seems ideal for the voice over.

but it does look like i can anly get one from the US

Mensajes Sat 26 Oct 13 @ 8:43 am
still looking for a talkover...i can help....let me know....u can use ur keyboard

Mensajes Thu 26 Dec 13 @ 12:52 am
thanks for your replys , buts its an auto talk over or ducker I require, if i am in fron of my equipment i have no problems dropping the level by hand.

I think its going to be a controller upgrade, the mixtrack pro has been great , to be honest when I first got it and took it out of its box I thought this platic thing is going to have a very short life, but two years (and one crossfader) later its been a great little controller very pleased with it .

I think its now time to upgrade the mistrack pro owes me nothing so dennon mc6000 (for me) looks like the best option, its one of the few controllers that has good microphone support

Mensajes Fri 27 Dec 13 @ 4:08 am
The mic quality on the MC6000 is superb. Ducking was a bit over the top for a start but they fixed this in later firmware. Only slight issue is that the mic inputs are a bit hot but you get used to it.

Keith

Mensajes Fri 27 Dec 13 @ 5:40 am
91%