Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Soft 'Master' button in player

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

rpradoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have recently upgraded to v7.4.1 then
I discovered that I have to press a soft 'master' button in the skin (of current playing virtual turntable) in order to make the sync button function (on the controller) on other virtual turntables.

The skin I am using is the standard 1280 x 768 3-1-2-4 (I tried out 2-player skin has same problem) and controller I'm using is Numark N4.

Before upgrading I just press the sync button of the cueing turntable and will automatically sync to the playing turntable.

Is there a way to work as before that is no need to use mouse to press the 'master' button ?

People and moderator kindly reply this thread in a polite and mature manner.

(Please please please do not go off topic discussing about anti-sync button stuffs. I am very tired about that.
Not important note : I'm DJ from 1980's, I manually sync vinyls more than a hundred times each night. Now I want people know that I am Digital DJ and sync beat is Not my Major apprenticeship. LOL!)

Thanks

Regards,

Richard Prado Artimix

Mensajes Wed 08 Jan 14 @ 3:54 am
you need to map "masterdeck off" to something, it will reset the master deck to auto mode. the best place for it is the ONINiIT control in the mapper

Mensajes Wed 08 Jan 14 @ 4:14 am
This controller is supported, so it should work, since it worked before. Have you tried to re-download the update, and do a fresh install? Maybe something got lost in the download. All the other buttons work as they are supposed too?

Mensajes Wed 08 Jan 14 @ 4:25 am
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I've noticed this too during 1st the update.

As the above said, you need to set the masterdeck off so that it won't be assigned to any deck during initialization.

Just modify the ONINIT to:

master_volume 60% & headphone_gain -4 & pitch_range 10% & deck 1 cross_assign 'left' & deck 2 cross_assign 'right' & deck 1 vinyl_mode 0 & deck 2 vinyl_mode 0 & get deck 4 ? deck 1 leftdeck & deck 1 leftvideo & deck 2 rightdeck & deck 2 rightvideo & deck 3 cross_assign 'left' & deck 4 cross_assign 'right' & deck 3 key_lock on & deck 4 key_lock on & deck 3 vinyl_mode 0 & deck 4 vinyl_mode 0 : nothing

You may change some of those values to suit your own taste. I set the master_volume to 60% and headphone level to -4 as safety precaution during unlikely events as those area is hardware coded. For sure you already know what will happen during initialization with everything is set at maximum. Some command that you think you don't need can be removed also while the most important part as your problem states is already removed. I set the pith_range as well as my own preference.

Mensajes Wed 08 Jan 14 @ 8:30 am
you forgot to add "masterdeck off" to it ranes ;-)

Mensajes Wed 08 Jan 14 @ 8:53 am
rpradoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Thanks synthet1c, I\'m not keen to mapper script so I try your recommendation later.

Thanks \'A Man and His Music\', just re-download and re-installed but the problem still there.
I have captured the screen and circled the \'master\' button and cross fader, showing turntable2 is playing and turntable1 is cueing but the \'master\' button is on turntable1 and so pressing the sync button has no effect (because it sync to itself).

Thanks djranes, just read your post, many details, I will try to figure out how to modify the mapper.

Appreciated your help, I will continue to try.

Regards,

Richard

Mensajes Wed 08 Jan 14 @ 9:03 am
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Removing the masterdeck command in ONINIT is already enough to have the masterdeck act as autoselect. Although it will automatically choose deck 1 as initial masterdeck, it'll give you freedom to sync whichever deck you desire and will automatically give you the masterdeck by a simple movement of either xfader or upfaders.

Mensajes Wed 08 Jan 14 @ 11:37 am
Hi Guys

I have recently bought a Numark N4 that came with VDJ LE. Have been using a Numark Total Control with DJIO and Cue LE for 5-years and with no probs.

I'm also having the Sync button problem but don't understand what is mean't by "ONINIT". Also the LE version of VDJ does not allow me to access the advance settings so I can not modify any mapper scripts.

Any help will be greatly appreciated... Thanks.

Mensajes Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 11:02 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
ONINT is a command (or several) that are activated on startup (on Initialisation) it's there to do the stuff that you would do every time, but if you can't access the mapping section, erm, perhaps you can edit the mapper.xml in a text editor, maybe the keyboard mapping I'm honestly not sure.

No remapping with LE, that's kind of surprising.

Mensajes Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 11:53 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
For the LEs (where you cant change anything on the mapping file), simply press the MASTER button once on deck 1 (either from the skin or the controller with SHIFT+SYNC usually) and after that the Master deck operation will be automatic.
You will have to do that every time the software launches.

PS. We have removed this functionality from the version 8 mapping files, so all units should start with Master deck in Auto now.

Mensajes Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 12:01 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)