Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Gemini Cntrl 7 not responding on Windows 8.1

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi
I recently bought a new laptop with windows 8.1 (big upgrade from my last laptop with XP).So I installed virtual dj LE from the disk which was provided with the controller,just as I did with my last laptop. When I open virtual dj all the buttons light up as usual but then it doesn't work.The computer sees the soundcards,there is no problem in device manager.It worked perfectly once and I did not change the settings or anything and then it never worked again. I've tried all the usb ports on the computer 3.0 and 2.0 and I've reinstalled and upgraded all the drivers but it nothing has changed.I also uninstalled a security program I had that was stopping my ipod but that didn't do anything either. I am absolutely baffled and really need some help I can't think of anything else to do.

Mensajes Thu 24 Apr 14 @ 3:56 pm
hello please help , I emailed gemini and they didnt help at all

Mensajes Sat 26 Apr 14 @ 11:58 am
Have you tried uninstalling the drivers.
Re-installing them and THEN plugins the device into a USB 2.0 port?

The fact that sound is working suggests it may just be a midi driver error.

Give it a go and let us know how you get on.

Mensajes Sat 26 Apr 14 @ 10:26 pm
I reinstalled all my usb drivers and the cntrl 7 divers , They show up as 4 instances of usb composite device in device manager , still not working ?

Mensajes Sun 27 Apr 14 @ 8:26 am
I went to trouble shooting and i got the message hardware changes might not have been detected

Mensajes Sun 27 Apr 14 @ 10:51 am
If thats the case then it points towards a possible driver error.

You mentioned you have re-installed the drivers. Did you UNINSTALL the original ones first??

If not then try to uninstall. Plug the device in and see if Windows detects the device. Then follow the instructions to install the drivers.

Mensajes Sun 27 Apr 14 @ 11:09 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Please register your LE serial to your account and download the installation file from the same page, to make sure you have the latest available version.
http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html

What exactly do you see in Devices Manager ? Can you upload a pic and provide the link here ?

Can you also try to install the Home Free version from here http://www.virtualdj.com/download/free.html and see if the unit works (for 10 minutes) ?

Mensajes Mon 28 Apr 14 @ 11:17 pm
This is my original account, i downloaded the latest software for windows 8 off this and i uninstalled everything from device manager, then i uninstalled the virtual dj from the disk ,so now im started from scratch, i installed the new software then i pluged in the controller and the two driver installers came up and did their thing thought it did take a while, no problems yet though, so then i plugged in the control put in my serial number opened up the software configured the settings for the soundcard to contol main and control headhone,(the computer sees these no problem) the controller is lit up and the touch sensitive wheels work and everything but still there is no connection between a input on the control and a response on the program.

Mensajes Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 7:09 am
Wopl09LE userMember since 2014
Hallo, i have the same Problem. My Gemini Cntrl 7 doesn`t work with my Win8.1 Notebook (No Control). it doesn´t works with any Dj-Software on my Win 8.1 Notebbok. On my Win 7 Homecomputer it works. Is the Controller not compatible to Win8.1? ....With a trick it works on my Win8.1 Notebook. i must have power from a extern 5v dc-Adapter on my Gemini Controller and put the usb-wire into the Controller and the other end of the wire into my powerd usb-hub, there is connected with my Win7 Homecomputer (not with my Notebook!!),. only for a short Moment, and than remove the usb-wire from the usb-hub, and connecting it with my notebook. and see ...the Controller works. Can anyone help me?

Mensajes Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 7:17 am
dj j40Home userMember since 2014
I have Windows 7 professional and connect the gemini controller to my laptop it works but then it stops i have the numark version of virtual dj le lite 2go but i taken that out of my laptop because it only works with the numark controller. Now i put the new software for the gemini cntrl 7 it works for 10 minutes and stop can help me.

Mensajes Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 1:53 pm
The LE version that came with your DJ2GO controller will work only with that specific device.
If you wish to use the Gemini CTRL7, you will need either to uninstall the old LE version and install the one that came bundled with your Gemini (and use the VirtualDJ LE 7 Gemini keycode/serial) , or purchase Pro Infinity in case the Gemini never came with VirtualDJ LE (2nd hand purchase controller)

Mensajes Mon 25 Aug 14 @ 9:18 am
Im having trouble with my Gemini control 7 all my lights come on but when I press the buttons they don't do any thing

Mensajes Mon 11 May 15 @ 8:18 pm
Miks56LE userMember since 2013
I am having similar issue after updating to v2245. Fixed Netsearch issues, but lost all control except by mouse/keyboard. Occurred immediately after next start up (same day), so has to be update bug/issue?

Mensajes Sat 16 May 15 @ 9:27 am
UPDATE**
I re-installed an earlier version and regained control of my Gemini- 7 but lost audio search capabilities again. Bug in 2245?

Okay. re-installed again all seems okay ??????? Not sure the cause or cure.

Mensajes Sat 16 May 15 @ 9:54 am
Later same day.................................
Back to non-working status. It shouldn't be this difficult to play music. It also shouldn't require a degree in computer science.
I was under the misplaced presumption that's what we pay a fee for. Worked fine until the upgrade, but I couldn't get the music I pay for that way.
It would be nice if we could go back and download previous versions that worked. Am I missing something here?

Mensajes Sat 16 May 15 @ 9:25 pm
OK, here is a little back story of what I found and my solution, I hope it works for you. I bought a CNTRL7 and it worked great with VDJ 7 Pro. I got 8 and it seems to connect once in a while, and most times the CNTRL7 just sits dead. I bought a 5v power supply for it because I thought with all the USB gear I am running at a gig, maybe the CNTRL7 needs what my laptop cannot provide. Soooo, I booted the laptop with USB cable attached and using powered mode on CNTRL7. Same problem, VDJ 8 will not initiate the CNTRL7.

Now for my solution and I hope it works for you all...

Run VDJ 7 PRO
Run VDJ 8
Quit VDJ 7 Pro
CNTRL7 works perfectly

This is a Dual Core Dell Studio XPS running a bit over 2ghz, 8 gigs of ram, SSD hard drive. External Keyboard, and Logitech Mouse (Yes, logitech mice work with CNTRL7), External HDD for extra music. Let me know if this helped you and maybe the Devs can fix the initiate procedure for VDJ 8.

Mensajes Tue 23 Jun 15 @ 8:19 pm
That's interesting.
We have a few reports about erratic connection of CTRL7 in VirtualDJ 8. We will have a sample unit hopefully next week and we ll try to troubleshoot and fix the issue.

Mensajes Tue 23 Jun 15 @ 9:07 pm
Any progress on this topic. Since my update to windows 8.1 the control doesn't respond anymore. Is there a patch or solution available. Now I have a piece of junk worth 250usd on my desk.

Mensajes Wed 23 Mar 16 @ 9:15 pm
I need help .. I lost my cd installation for the controller gemini cntrl 7 .... and I do not manage to install for the momment under windows7 ....

Mensajes Mon 07 Aug 17 @ 12:19 am
Help me ... I lost my cd installation for my controller gemini cntrl 7 ... and I can not install on my pc under windows 7 .... my pc can not conquer my controller

Mensajes Mon 07 Aug 17 @ 12:25 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)