Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: Denon DN-MC6000 - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I installed the new VDJ 8 and connected it to my MC6000 and things seem to work ok with a few problems. First of all the headphones PFL functions are not working correctly.
And the biggest problem is that their is no fader volume control. For some reason the Master volume knob and the faders are stuck at maximum. When you move the volume faders you can see a shadow fader moving on the screen but no effect to the volume.

So for now it's back to Version 7 until someone gets the mapping worked out correctly. I am using Windows 7 and have not changed the hardware settings (PC mix).

DJ James

Mensajes Mon 12 May 14 @ 7:49 pm
What are your sound card settings, as it seems to be working fine for me?

Mensajes Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:01 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
jamesvanek wrote :
I installed the new VDJ 8 and connected it to my MC6000 and things seem to work ok with a few problems. First of all the headphones PFL functions are not working correctly.
And the biggest problem is that their is no fader volume control. For some reason the Master volume knob and the faders are stuck at maximum. When you move the volume faders you can see a shadow fader moving on the screen but no effect to the volume.

So for now it's back to Version 7 until someone gets the mapping worked out correctly. I am using Windows 7 and have not changed the hardware settings (PC mix).

DJ James

James I have been using VirtualDJ 8 with the MC6000 for quite a while. Can you advise what your soundcard settings are? Have you upgraded to the latest firmware provided by Denon?

Mensajes Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:03 pm
Ok this may be a rookie question but how do you upgrade the firmware and also when I plugged it in it said the plugin was not compatible

Mensajes Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:35 pm
No I have not upgraded the firmware since I got the unit. But it works fine with VDJ 7.

master DENON DJ ASIO Driver (ASIO) DN-MC6000 1&2
headphones DENON DJ ASIO Driver (ASIO) DN-MC6000 3&4

Mensajes Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:43 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
jamesvanek wrote :
No I have not upgraded the firmware since I got the unit. But it works fine with VDJ 7.

master DENON DJ ASIO Driver (ASIO) DN-MC6000 1&2
headphones DENON DJ ASIO Driver (ASIO) DN-MC6000 3&4

Please update the fimrware to be sure that is not the issue. As I said I have been using the 6000 with VDJ 8 for some time.

Mensajes Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:48 pm
mizurPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have a similar issue, but mine is only on MC600 as EXTERNAL MIXER!!!

No way to solve this headphone situation.

Mensajes Mon 12 May 14 @ 9:07 pm
Homeboy wrote :

Please update the fimrware to be sure that is not the issue. As I said I have been using the 6000 with VDJ 8 for some time.

Updated firmware and asio driver. Now fader for channel 2 will move fader on channel 1 of software. Other faders do nothing but make the shadow fader move.

My settings are for Dennon MC6000 with headphones.

DJ James Back to version 7. Uggg!

Mensajes Mon 12 May 14 @ 9:49 pm
This is very dissapointing. I have heard that the Denon DN-MC6000 is one of the most popular and widely used controllers on the market.
This should have been working native right from the get go.

Maybe I am doing something wrong in the settings but they are the same settings as version 7.

DJ James

Mensajes Mon 12 May 14 @ 9:55 pm
TulsaDJPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I just hooked up mine and it seems to be working ok except for the incompatible message on start up (latest firmware), cues work, song preview works. Decks are on the middle 2 faders on the Denon vs 1 & 2 with v7.

I have noticed the wheels may need some adjustment, they don't seem that responsive at times.

Currently using it in "PC Mix" mode on a mac

Audio settings:
Master | Denon-MC6000 | Chan 1&2 | 48khz, 512 sample (picked automatically)
Headphones | Denon-MC6000 | Chan 3&4 | 48khz, 512 sample (picked automatically)

Mensajes Mon 12 May 14 @ 10:05 pm
basxrPRO InfinityMember since 2011
jamesvanek wrote :
[quote=Homeboy]
Now fader for channel 2 will move fader on channel 1 of software. Other faders do nothing but make the shadow fader move.

Try the little white dot just above the cross fader (on the v8 4deck skin)

Mensajes Tue 13 May 14 @ 12:11 am
Tried that. All different variations. Still maxed out. And no control.

DJ James

Mensajes Tue 13 May 14 @ 1:24 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
jamesvanek wrote :
Updated firmware and asio driver. Now fader for channel 2 will move fader on channel 1 of software. Other faders do nothing but make the shadow fader move.

My settings are for Dennon MC6000 with headphones.

Could you download this Skin please
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/16707/COMBAT.html

If I remember correct this skin provides an option to switch between 3124 and 1234 mixer mode.

I think the default Skin is working in 1234 but the denon uses 3124.

Mensajes Tue 13 May 14 @ 2:59 am
Make sure your mixer is set to "pc Mix"

You have to use the 2 center channels for VDJ 8, I used to use the outer 2 channels and when i installed VDJ 8 I had the same issue.

Hope this helps

Mensajes Tue 13 May 14 @ 3:57 am
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Same problems for me, but there seems to be two threads running on this now which is a shame.

'This plug in is not compatible' message pops up randomly and it also activated with the Fx1 dial in the top left hand side of the controller.

If you want to use the controller in external mix mode, I believe you have to select external controller in the sound card option in VDJ settings.

Mensajes Tue 13 May 14 @ 6:13 am
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
And making sure your mixer is set to PC Mix is not an option. Pc vs Int mix is not an option, it's a preference that is used for very different reasons.

Mensajes Tue 13 May 14 @ 6:15 am
I agree. I've got mine set up as external mixer (switch on the back to int. mix), audio setup Deck 1 = audio out 1 & 2, Deck 2 = audio out 3 & 4. Headphones are working through the internal PFL.
The error on start up might be caused by the V7-version of Beatgrid. That's also the first soundeffect selected when you turn your Effects selector (because of the alphabetic order). I haven't removed mine yet, because I have a gig next weekend and I'm not confident enought to run that on V8.
If I recall correctly, I had some trouble assigning Deck 1 & 2 to the channels 2 & 3. There was no 3-1-2-4 option in the controllersetup in V8. I've tried to run Zanek's MC6000-skin and later I found out that I did have a 3-1-2-4 setting. Might have something to do with the skin, but not sure.
If you want, I can try to post my steps tonight (I'm home in about 5 hours).

BTW: Running my MC6000 in V8 with ASIO on 4 ms..... That's quite a difference!

Mensajes Tue 13 May 14 @ 6:38 am
rwfrench2 wrote :
Make sure your mixer is set to "pc Mix"

You have to use the 2 center channels for VDJ 8, I used to use the outer 2 channels and when i installed VDJ 8 I had the same issue.

Hope this helps

Yep that was it. Before in version 7 it used channels 1 and 2. Now using channels 2 and 3. Also when you see the shadow fader you have to move it up to meet the actual fader then they will be in sync and everything is fine.

Moderator can mark this one as solved.

Thanks,

DJ James :)

Mensajes Tue 13 May 14 @ 12:17 pm
rlovePRO InfinityMember since 2010
I'm having similar issues with the 3000, 6000, and 6000MK2. All three of them work perfectly fine within 7.4.1, however none of them work properly in 8. (Locked knob settings, and this never ending headphone issue.)

Mensajes Wed 14 May 14 @ 10:56 pm
hey guys im having issues with my denon mc6000 cant get volumes to work like normal on cue points to headphones what am i doing wrong im a monthly suscriber i got master 1&2 & headphones 3&4 and im using channels 1 & 4 on midi but nothing

Mensajes Fri 23 May 14 @ 4:48 pm
49%