Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: Virtual DJ 8 - Login and License - Page: 2

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

you are already logged in in your scenario ;) and the license file will not expire or anything - just because you disconnected your pc an went to a gig with no net..

all will work just fine ;) the login is only needed once to activate .

Mensajes Fri 16 May 14 @ 9:14 am
Read the whole of the post properly. It doesn't say that at all.

Mensajes Fri 16 May 14 @ 9:15 am
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Lock your computer when you leave for a pee break if you are worried. Plain and simple.

Mensajes Fri 16 May 14 @ 9:20 am
visionz, that part you quoted will only happen if you had logged in to VDJ on a second machine since logging in to the first one.

The license follows the machines around. Whichever one logged in last has the license assigned to it online.

Mensajes Fri 16 May 14 @ 9:44 am
what's happened to the text in the effects i have kooked for a add on but can't find it

Mensajes Fri 16 May 14 @ 9:45 am
Got it! Thanks for the clarification everyone!

Mensajes Fri 16 May 14 @ 10:05 am
djtouchdan wrote :
The differences have not been offically announced yet. But i would imagine the Free Home Version would work in the same way as before. But for your purposes the FREE version is more than enough. The only thing i am unsure of is whether the editors are available in the Home Version. Everything else should be good though.

There will be a full comparison available soon - to display the differences between HOME FREE, CONTROLLER LICENSE and PRO INFINITY.

Dan, Here's my scenario:
I use my home computer to prepare for the the two DJ's gigs. Currently a Pro license for one and a Basic 7 license for the other.
Assume I upgrade the basic 7 to Pro and both DJ's use VDJ8 for their gigs at the same time.
For this home computer I don't have a controller hooked up, it's simply used on the computer speakers to prepare the gigs with virtual folders, update search database, etc.
Then I copy the database and folders over to the laptops used for the gigs.
Can I copy the database and folders from a Home license on the home computer to the pro licenses on the laptops?
It's a bit confusing with all the questions flying around in these forums and I'm sure there are many people who used VDJ7 on numerous machines without purchasing extra licenses.
The one thing I am concerned about is that I am able to copy the prep work I did on the Home license to the two pro licenses and my DJ's have no issues at a gig (with or without Internet connection).

Mensajes Sat 24 May 14 @ 9:12 am
ZothenPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Sticky please?

Mensajes Sun 25 May 14 @ 6:09 am
CMBDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
So here is why I don't see this login thing being a good solution.

I use 2 machines and keep them backed up with lists, music, everything. So if I need to bail from one, everything is the same on the other. I KNOW I'm not going to be able to keep track of which machine was signed on and signed out. I will get to a wedding, and NEED to switch computers, and will not be able to have the same performance because there will be times where I thought I didn't get logged out. It's going to happen. It's already happened to another DJ I just read about on DJChat. He got to a gig, and had no pro features, and no internet to fix the issue. Now WTF do you do? It's a hassle that we don't need to have to worry about. It's an even bigger worry than announcing the names, and making sure we have all 15 songs that the bride wants us to play for intros. I'm with 7.4 until the login is removed.

Mensajes Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 7:23 pm
TO be honest with you ... Too bad.

If piracy wasn't such an issue and companies like this were not having to deal with crooks, then I am sure serials would work fine.

If you have to use both laptops, there are ways to do it. Keep track of which one you are using. That's not VDJ's fault.

I am not playing poster boy here but I support them 100% for the protection they have to use!

Mensajes Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 8:08 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
CMBDJ wrote :

I use 2 machines and keep them backed up with lists, music, everything. So if I need to bail from one, everything is the same on the other. I KNOW I'm not going to be able to keep track of which machine was signed on and signed out. I will get to a wedding, and NEED to switch computers, and will not be able to have the same performance because there will be times where I thought I didn't get logged out. It's going to happen. It's already happened to another DJ I just read about on DJChat. He got to a gig, and had no pro features, and no internet to fix the issue. Now WTF do you do? It's a hassle that we don't need to have to worry about. It's an even bigger worry than announcing the names, and making sure we have all 15 songs that the bride wants us to play for intros. I'm with 7.4 until the login is removed.

If your computer is logged in when you shut it down, it will stay logged in when you arrive at your gig. It will only log out if you click 'Log Out', or if you have an internet connection.
The only thing you have to take care of is that if it asks you to log in (in which case you have internet) that you should log in.
If you don't log in when it asks you, it will not be logged in later either of course.

Mensajes Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 12:38 am
cehletPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I have this happen to me weather I am or am not connected to the internet and if I am some place doing Karaoke where I don't have an internet connection available I end up not being able to use my controller as it locks out the skin on it. I need to be able to use my skins regardless of internet connection or not does anyone here have a solution for that or no?

Mensajes Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 5:18 am
Yes - as has been stated by Atomix many times, there is a solution for those DJs whose computer never goes near the internet, ever.

If that's your scenario, simply contact support. They will request certain info from you and then provide you with a 'key' which stays on the computer.

Mensajes Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 5:45 am
CMBDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Adion wrote :
CMBDJ wrote :

If your computer is logged in when you shut it down, it will stay logged in when you arrive at your gig. It will only log out if you click 'Log Out', or if you have an internet connection.
The only thing you have to take care of is that if it asks you to log in (in which case you have internet) that you should log in.
If you don't log in when it asks you, it will not be logged in later either of course.

When you open your software, it should work 100% for you. Keeping up with logins or logouts is silly.

Mensajes Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 3:07 pm
I'm not 100% sure about this either. As much as I embrace new technology and the fight against piracy I won't be taking the chance of turning up at a gig and something going wrong.

There are too many issues surrounding V8 at present and this just makes the decision to stay with version 7 an easier one!

Mensajes Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 3:19 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
CMBDJ wrote :
When you open your software, it should work 100% for you. Keeping up with logins or logouts is silly.

There is only one thing to remember: Log in when it asks you to.
Nothing else to keep up with or keep track of required.

Mensajes Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 7:26 am
But you can still get logged out if you login on a backup machine then dont have an internet connection to log back in on the gig machine......

Mensajes Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 7:37 am
No - if you logged into your gig machine then it'll remain logged in, regardless of whether you logged into another machine.........as long as you don't give it net access or log out.

It's all been explained numerous times before. You can keep two machines logged in.

If they can't check their status via a connection then they'll remain as they were when last used.

If you left them logged in then they'll stay that way until they can see a connection again.

Mensajes Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 7:46 am
rlovePRO InfinityMember since 2010
I for one have challenged Atomix on this time and time again. There's potential for disaster here, however since they are unwilling to listen to us on ways to improve or budge, I've given up the fight and surrendered...

I even went the route of working with their support trying to get a dedicated license. Here's how that played out:
- They asked me to send in a support request which I did.
- They then asked for my settings.xml file, which I attached to the ticket.
- Nothing for a week...
- I then asked for an update and they told me that the new method was new to them and they had no idea on how it worked and it would take time to figure it out
- I then asked again a few days later and they said that the machine that I was requesting the license for touched the Internet. (I was downloading a new OS X patch.)
- They then closed the case abruptly saying that they will not give me the standalone license since the machine is capable of Internet access.

Fair no...
Acceptable no...
Do I have a choice, no....

Atomix, I surrender. You win.

Mensajes Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 9:32 am
25%