Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: No sound from decks 3 and 4 - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I am running a denon mc-6000 and all is working fine.
But when I play a track on deck 3 or 4 I can't hear it through the denon. The sound is showing on the denon vu meters, but not coming out the headphones.
I have the channels on the denon set to midi for decks 3 and 4.

Really strange, not sure if it's a vdj or denon issue.

I don't normally use 4 decks, but just experimenting with the software.

Mensajes Wed 21 May 14 @ 5:33 pm
did u tried clicking on the other decks cue outputs (buttons on top right of decks)? not sure of your controllers specs but if it's a 2 deck contoller and you trying to use the 4 deck skin then you need to map it accordingly..use a spare button available at both sides of the controller,and map this to it
device_side 'left' ? deck 1 leftdeck ? deck 3 leftdeck : deck 1 leftdeck : deck 2 rightdeck ? deck 4 rightdeck : deck 2 rightdeck
this will also redirect the audio once you select deck then hit the headphone output button for that deck..

Mensajes Wed 21 May 14 @ 5:54 pm
You can only use four decks with the MC-6000 if you use it in "PC Mode" - in other words, use it as a MIDI controller to operate the software mixer.

It's not possible to use four decks in "Internal Mode" because the MC-6000 only has two stereo USB audio channels, not four.

In "PC Mode" the two stereo USB audio channels are used for master + headphones.

Mensajes Wed 21 May 14 @ 5:55 pm
Also, regarding the soundcard drivers for the denon mc-6000. Should I use the ones that came with vdj, or should I download the official denon ones.

I am using the vdj ones at the moment, as I thought they would be optimized for the new version 8.

Mensajes Wed 21 May 14 @ 5:55 pm
Ideally you should use the Denon ASIO driver.

Mensajes Wed 21 May 14 @ 6:01 pm
@groovindj, Yes running in internal mode. have always run it like this as I never use 4 decks. That's obviously why it doesn't work.

Will it use more cpu on my laptop if I run the mc-6000 in external mode.

Thanks again.

Mensajes Wed 21 May 14 @ 6:02 pm
groovindj wrote :
You can only use four decks with the MC-6000 if you use it in "PC Mode" - in other words, use it as a MIDI controller to operate the software mixer.

It's not possible to use four decks in "Internal Mode" because the MC-6000 only has two stereo USB audio channels, not four.

In "PC Mode" the two stereo USB audio channels are used for master + headphones.

yeah,thats what I was thinking...

Mensajes Wed 21 May 14 @ 6:02 pm
Just tried running the denon in ext mode, but now the audio form the vdj decks is not assigned to the denon channels, it just comes straight out. I cant cue a single track they all just play at once.
What's happening, and how should I configure a 4 deck setup n vdj, if I am using an mc-6000

Mensajes Wed 21 May 14 @ 6:16 pm
I will download and install the denon driver.

Mensajes Wed 21 May 14 @ 6:17 pm
that's a good start...;)

Mensajes Wed 21 May 14 @ 6:19 pm
Didn't originally download the denon driver as the vdj one worked fine.

I have the denon one installed now.

Mensajes Wed 21 May 14 @ 6:25 pm
You need to change the audio config in VDJ for PC Mode.

Rather than using "external mixer" you need to use "speaker+headphone". Master: chan 1&2 / Headphones: chan 3&4

Do you not get a nice big Denon MC-6000 button in the card area of config?

Mensajes Wed 21 May 14 @ 6:28 pm
forReal....:)

Mensajes Wed 21 May 14 @ 6:30 pm
Yes I get the mc-6000 logo in the card area config.

@Groovindj , Once again you have fixed it. I just needed to click on the speaker+headphone option and it all worked.

It doesn't work with the denon asio driver though, not sure why.

I am happy to stick with the vdj driver as this works fine.

Thanks again everyone.

Mensajes Wed 21 May 14 @ 6:49 pm
Some people had problems with the Denon ASIO driver before, but VDJ 7 did have issues with sample rates over 44.1 (which were supposed to be a thing of the past with 8).

What does the sample rate say (in config) when you select Denon ASIO as the driver?

Mensajes Wed 21 May 14 @ 7:04 pm
Been using V8 for the last week and have some questions ... observations when using the Denon MC6000 that maybe you can help me with.

1. No matter what I try I cannot remap the faders from using 2 & 3 as the default. I am used to using 1 & 2 but no matter how much I change the numbering in the settings I cannot get 1 & 2 in the position that I am used to.

2. In 4 channel mode the swap deck button does not work so that the controller can control the swapped deck

3. The tempo is automatically synching with the next song (either up or down) and has to be manually zeroed each time. I cannot find where to unsynch it and the button on the controller has no effect.

4. My Karaoke ZIP files do not show. The version 7.0 button to search for VIDEO, KARAOKE, MUSIC is missing ... or in some other place. I have tried changing it in the settings to show ZIP files but still nothing shows.

Other then these issues I am loving the new version, a small issue that has been fixed is showing the track number. For all my weddings I copy the important songs (introduction, first dances, cake cutting, etc. and edit the tags so that they can be in the right order ... just takes pressure off on the night. Yay this has been added but if anyone can help me solve the above issues I would be most grateful.

Mensajes Mon 26 May 14 @ 11:48 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
3, Set the autoBPM setting from options to No

4. set the showZIPKaraoke setting from Options to Yes

Mensajes Mon 26 May 14 @ 11:58 am
Thanks DJ Dad! Just things have moved around ... any ideas on the mapping issue. I had 6 nights in a row last week using 8 and got used to using channels 2 & 3 ... but as the night wears on I found myself adjusting channel 1 with no effect. I was MCing & DJing a show where I played before, 1/2 time and then the after party when the bands were done and one gets used to reaching for the first fader when talking on the mic.

Mensajes Mon 26 May 14 @ 12:11 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Let the software get updated so that you get the build number ending at .666 or higher.
To change the channel order to 1234 you just need to map a keyboard shortcut or a custom button as ...
mixer_order 1234
and press the button once. This will also change the mixer order on the default 4 decks skin, and any other version 8 skins that use the same action and offer different mixer orders.

I will take a look at the swapping deck issue.

Mensajes Mon 26 May 14 @ 12:16 pm
Again thanks. From reading the other posts in the forum I see that the software is updated automatically, that explains the dialogue box when I start sometimes and it asks if I want to use the latest version! I thought it was getting confused with the version 7 still on my machine. Mine is showing 1806.665 is there a way of upgrading manually?

Mensajes Mon 26 May 14 @ 12:47 pm
87%