Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Installing VDJ 8 without causing problems for VDJ 7 install.

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Can anyone tell me how to install VDJ8 without causing problems with current VDJ 7 install. I installed VDJ 8 last week, with the intention of using over the weekend. After installation I found that the Pangolin Plugins were not support. This was no good to me as my shows require these plugins, so I went back to using VDJ 7. To my disappointment on Friday night I found that when I started VDJ 7 and tried to load in some tunes, the whole thing to crash. Not having time to play around on the night I had to use my spare Laptop. After my gig I had a play around and found that my databases had been currupted. Removed VDJ 8 and VDJ 7 from my main gigging laptop and did a fresh install of 7 and re-installed database backups. All working fine now. Though virtual DJ 8 is no good to me at the moment I would like to play around with it, without it screwing up VDJ7, how can I do this using the same laptop?

Mensajes Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 1:52 pm
Anyone else had issues with vdj 7 & vdj 8 both installed on the same laptop? I want to finally install vdj 8 on my 'djing' laptop which already has vdj 7.4 on it but I'm worried that if I have a problem with vdj 8, that it might affect the vdj 7.4

Mensajes Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 8:17 am
toppadon wrote :
Anyone else had issues with vdj 7 & vdj 8 both installed on the same laptop? I want to finally install vdj 8 on my 'djing' laptop which already has vdj 7.4 on it but I'm worried that if I have a problem with vdj 8, that it might affect the vdj 7.4

im in the same boat as you. my main DJ laptop only has VDJ 7 and my home pc has VDJ 8 just to mess around & check out different skins. but scared to install on main and mess up something also.

Mensajes Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 10:25 am
The vast majority of users have no issues at all using VDJ 7 and VDJ 8 on the same computer.

Mensajes Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 11:00 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I used V8 for over eight weeks and thoroughly enjoyed it with zero problems, only had to go back to V7 out of personnal choice, as needed clipbank for audio only visuals for venue advertising and V8s visual sampler couldn't offer a comparable substitute.

So if you don't use visuals for advertising my advice is go for it!

Mensajes Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 12:50 pm
thanx all for the advice. after my new SSD arrives. ima do a fresh clean install of windows 7 and then both VDJ 7 & 8 on my main DJing laptop. ;-) wish me luck....

Mensajes Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 2:19 pm
I have VDJ7 & VDJ8 on my both laptops that is a Mac (VDJ7 & VDJ8) & PC (VDJ7 & VDJ8) and have not problems using both if and when required.
I've just finished re-scanning all my songs on VDJ8 just to make sure that they have the correct Key and all is well so far. I've also noticed that the updates have slowed down as last month they were coming in almost every day. I guess it is becoming more stable.

Mensajes Thu 09 Oct 14 @ 12:53 pm
yeah but (Tayla) & mmwmm what do ya use to DJ with ? i ask because yes i see alot of DJ's state they have no problems. but rmy set up is 2 Denons SC3900's which i keep reading on these user forums are having problems with VDJ 8. this is why im hesitant to install on my main DJing laptop

Mensajes Thu 09 Oct 14 @ 2:27 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have a ticket in with support now. My problem is that the tags are not all being imported to 8.
I use the comments and this is mostly the problem. Some of the artists or album are not being read.
They are all tagged correctly in version 7,but not appearing in 8.

Mensajes Fri 10 Oct 14 @ 9:21 am
djtyme209 wrote :
yeah but (Tayla) & mmwmm what do ya use to DJ with ? i ask because yes i see alot of DJ's state they have no problems. but rmy set up is 2 Denons SC3900's which i keep reading on these user forums are having problems with VDJ 8. this is why im hesitant to install on my main DJing laptop

When i go my gigs i know that i can rely on the Computer: Mac, CD Players: Pioneer 900Nxs, Mixer: Hercules RMXII & Music: External Lacie 1Tb Hd. When I'm at home i usually do all my downloads on my Windows Visa PC. My Mac is barely on the net if at all. When i first switched from VDJ7 to VDJ8 i did have a similar problem as you. But what i did was i scanned my entire hard disk on VDJ8 as there were a few teething problem with VDJ8 Analysing files correctly. So i would recommend you remove the "VDJ folder" on your computer and save it in a safe place like a USB drive and then let VDJ8 scan your entire HDD. I hope that this will help you. I know it is painful the first time but once you do it you won't repent.

Mensajes Wed 22 Oct 14 @ 3:50 am

Mensajes Wed 22 Oct 14 @ 3:55 am
sin problemas... solo instale y ya

Mensajes Wed 22 Oct 14 @ 8:05 am
rickyyyyyy, this is an English speaking forum. Please try our Spanish forum here

Mensajes Wed 22 Oct 14 @ 12:35 pm
i have just downloaded virual dj 8 but it is not letting me install it. What may be causing this?

Mensajes Sat 09 Apr 16 @ 10:02 pm
What do you mean, it's not letting you? Do you get some kind of message, PC or Mac?

Mensajes Sun 10 Apr 16 @ 12:22 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)