Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: Incorrect BPM readings after analyzing tracks - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Has anyone else had issues with bpm readings being all over the place? Ex. Drake's All Me has a bpm of 61 (122) but when I analyze it VDJ8 comes up with 163. Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.

Mensajes Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 7:37 am
just a reminder if bpm detection was perfect there would be no need for the tap button or the manual editing of bpms :-)

most of mine are pretty spot on for my 4 on the floor style tracks even though now and then 1 or 2 are incorrect and to me it seems that version 8 gets it right more then 7 did :-)

Mensajes Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 9:28 am
Billie Jean is not 78bpm, VDJ7 get's it right.

Mensajes Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 9:49 am
boobash518 wrote :
Has anyone else had issues with bpm readings being all over the place? Ex. Drake's All Me has a bpm of 61 (122) but when I analyze it VDJ8 comes up with 163. Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.

Ok - i tested this and got the same result as you. However because i knew (you told me it was 61) i open the BPM editor and typed 61 into the BPM box and everything was updated.
Granted if you have a lot of songs with this issue this is not a easy fix but for the one or two it works well.

RetrodiscoUK wrote :
Billie Jean is not 78bpm, VDJ7 get's it right.

I also tested this one, i have a few remixes of Billie Jean as most people do but as you can see the original edits all came back around 117bpm, which i beleive to be correct.
Not sure why your have come back so low.

Mensajes Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 10:00 am
The TAP button does not work either.

BPM's are a mess with VDJ8.

Mensajes Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 10:32 am
djtouchdan wrote :
the original edits all came back around 117bpm

The keys are a bit of a mess though :-)

Mensajes Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 10:40 am
I was just wondering if the powers that be were aware of this issue and attempting a fix. It's not all tracks that have this issue but I have over 50,000 of them and would rather they the BPM be at least near correct.

Mensajes Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 11:40 am
Still getting 78bpm, it's an ALAC file if that makes any difference.

EDIT: Found the fault! ALAC's don't read BPM correctly, if converted to an MP3 it works.

Mensajes Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 12:29 pm
What is an ALAC?

Mensajes Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 5:48 pm
It's an Apple FLAC :-)

Mensajes Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 5:55 pm
Thanks groovin

Mensajes Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 6:16 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Can you share this ALAC file with me so I can try? Does it play properly when loaded in a deck?

Mensajes Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 11:16 pm
bpm engine, not block songs recorded live, which you see in the picture, takes 148 bpm, and the engine reads it to 194.67 bpm ...

Mensajes Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 5:52 am
Adion wrote :
Can you share this ALAC file with me so I can try? Does it play properly when loaded in a deck?

It was ripped on my system from CD, it plays perfectly and reads BPM correctly in other versions of the software.

Mensajes Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 6:32 am
Can you upload one of the problematic files to dropbox or something similar and post the link here?

Its easier for Adion to test this if he has an actual file.

Mensajes Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 7:24 am
LOOKS LIKE I'M GONNA HAVETA TO USE PRO7 TO BEAT MATCH AND WATCH CLOSELY TO MAKE SURE IT DOESN'T CHANGE IN 8. I NOTICED ABOUT 3 OR 4 LAST NIGHT THAT WERE CHANGED. A LEAST TILL YOU GUYS CAN FIX IT.

Mensajes Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 7:34 am
SLIC3RPRO InfinityMember since 2015
wickedmix wrote :
just a reminder if bpm detection was perfect there would be no need for the tap button or the manual editing of bpms :-)

most of mine are pretty spot on for my 4 on the floor style tracks even though now and then 1 or 2 are incorrect and to me it seems that version 8 gets it right more then 7 did :-)

Interesting, but that doesn't apply to most people's issues where VDJ7 would analyze the songs perfectly but VDJ8 would change the BPM to be incorrect. What a disappointingly flawed system. How do you call VDJ8 an upgrade when you change and alter a near-perfect BPM counter. BPM readings are, if not the most, important things and are highly, highly essential to the digital djing age.

Mensajes Wed 25 Nov 15 @ 9:22 am
I have also noticed some BPMs reported in version 8 are wildly off. I would put something together if there was an easier way to upload files to the developer but this website is rubbish and I can't be bothered creating dropbox links and all that.

Mensajes Wed 25 Nov 15 @ 9:34 am
I have to admit that VDJ7 BPM counter was spot on, I still use it sometime to get correct BPM even when i'm producing.... So far I have only encountered a few on VDJ8 that were incorrect. Doesn't bother me as I mix by ear if that's the case

Mensajes Wed 25 Nov 15 @ 3:00 pm
I actually think the VDJ website is one of the better things along with the user community but indeed they should have an upload for media files and this has been mentioned before. Anyone dealing with media files where there can be a problem should have this as a convenience for both parties.

Mensajes Wed 25 Nov 15 @ 5:29 pm
95%