Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Mapping for hercules mx4 with virtual dj 7-8

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi there just brought one of these hercules mx4 controllers is there any advice people can give me on this setup, Drivers and the mapping settings also I want to pre cue tracks so what is the setup for that. Thanks in advance for any help

Mensajes Sat 21 Jun 14 @ 6:24 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Hercules 4MX is natively supported in both version 7 and 8.
all you need is to install the drivers from the Hercules website and plug the unit. You will either need to install and use the bunlded VirtualDJ LE version (from the Cd that came with), or if you bought the unit used and didnt come with any free software, you can purchase a license of VirtualDj from this page .. http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Mensajes Sat 21 Jun 14 @ 5:00 pm
OK thankyou. I still have problem. I have the hercules 4mx plugged into a Samsung activ book 9 laptop. I'm running Windows 8. And also a program called butt. Like edcast. I can get the levels in butt program from the music but no mic sound through it. I don't use an amp or speakers hence I don't precue. I mix using the waveform lol. Been doing it that way for years on broadcast on net station. What would be the settings on laptop and vdj 7 to get the mic working through butt also? Thanks for your help

Mensajes Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 4:50 am
I have the mic plugged into the controller by the way

Mensajes Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 4:53 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I don't know at what point or how butt gets the signal from VDJ, but the microfon should be processed directly in and through the hardware.
So if you don't somehow return the master output of the mx4 back to your streaming software your voice will not be broadcasted.

Mensajes Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 6:46 am
I have the mic plugged into 4mx hercules controller. Then butt program and vdj on same screen on Samsung laptop. Can someone please look at the specs on sound hardware and specs. Samsung activ book 9. It's called. If there anyway I can get the microphone working as well as the Music. In butt program there is section called auto device and options are thse. Default pcm device. Microsoft sound mapper. Microphone( realtek high definition). Stereo mix (realtek high definition) and When you plug controller in a.. hercules line.

Mensajes Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 11:18 am
Any help would be great as I'm broadcasting Thursday :-/

Mensajes Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 11:19 am
Anyone have any ideas how I can get a microphone to work. Either plugged into laptop or into hercules 4mx so I can pick up north the music and my voice in broadcast edcast?

Mensajes Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 5:05 am
The issue has been covered many times before on here.

Consider the sequence of events: Your audio plays in VDJ, then it feeds your external audio interface (the Hercules).

If your mic is plugged into the Hercules then it's being connected to the signal chain after the audio has left VDJ. If your broadcast is being fed by VDJ, then the broadcast doesn't have a mic signal because the mic is connected to the Hercules, later in the chain (once the audio has left VDJ).

You either need to feed the broadcast with the output of the Hercules (which includes the mic signal) or connect the mic to the computer so that VDJ can recognise it as an input.

Mensajes Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 5:48 am
Thanks fella. That was a clear explanation. So I need a good USB microphone. ? Plugged into laptop then it will pick up both in.. Stereo mix option on butt/edcast software

Mensajes Sun 27 Jul 14 @ 6:05 am
My mic/headphone port on Samsung ativ 9 lite is strange it didn't recieve a signal on mic. Just the Web cam mic works. When I cough I can see levels rise in microphone sound. So that the surrounding sound. But when I plug an ipod into the mic/headphone socket I can't get any levels in microphone sound settings at all. Maybe I should get a second cheap laptop with line in to run butt/edcast and run vdj on my Samsung lappy maybe?

Mensajes Sun 27 Jul 14 @ 6:08 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)