Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Hercules MK2 not working with Virtual DJ 8

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

hi,

I'm using Virtual DJ on a MacBook pro.

I upgraded to Virtual DJ 8 (latest version), and my Hercules MK2 DJ Console is not working anymore.
Before, I had Virtual DJ v4.3, and MK2 worked, but recently bought song files from iTunes playlist didn't work. So I figured I needed to update the software, so I just bought Virtual DJ 8.

I updated all my MK2 drivers, based on the information/guidelines and software on this link:
http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=17&fid=62&pid=177&cid=1
When going through this driver update process, I also got to update the MK2 console firmware.

Now, computer seems to detect the console, but the buttons are not responding properly in the software.
- when turning "treble" button of deck A on console, the crossfader in the software is moving
- when moving "volume slider" of deck B on console, the pitch of deck A is moving in the software
….
=> So hardware & software are not "matching" at all.

Can you please tell me how to solve this?
I was hoping this would be a plug & play adventure, but unfortunately….

Stephane

Mensajes Tue 24 Jun 14 @ 3:18 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Fixed in builds ending at .695 or higher. Simply launch VirtualDj, leave the software idle for a few minutes in order the controllers to get updated and then relaunch.

Mensajes Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 1:29 am
hi dJdad,
Thank you kindly for your advise.

Question: what do you mean with "builds ending at .695 or higher". Is that the serial nr of the MK2? On the back of my MK2 it says:
REF: 4780393
(Ver. 5059864)

Then, I did exactly what you described. Left it connected & idle for 5 minutes. Rebooted. Unfortunately no change.
Yesterday, I had a reply from somebody from Virtual DJ company, who said "that this was a known problem, and that they would prepare a fix in coming days".
Now, I see this reply has been deleted!?

Do you see any further solutions that I should check?

Thank you very much!

Stephane

Mensajes Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 11:48 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
When you open the Config window of VirtualDJ, at the top you see the build number e.g. 1455.xxx the last 3 digits indicate the controllers update. If you have 695 or higher, then the MK2 should work with your mac as well.

Mensajes Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 2:47 pm
Hello,

Let me post in here as my issue is similar. I have v7 working w/o any problem with Hercules DJ Console mk2 and got v8 mostly working with the exception of the cross fader. When I move the cross fader on the console, the cursor is also moving on the screen but this has no effect on the mixed sound in the headphones. I kept using v7 and though it would solve with the updates but it does not get solved even with the last one (v8 2 b3523).

Thank you for your help ...

Frank.

Mensajes Fri 23 Dec 16 @ 12:50 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)