Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Database

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

To be honest, I'm not sure if this is the particular area of the forums I should be asking this or not, but if it's not, I'm sure someone will let me know, and maybe point me in the right direction.

Speaking strictly in terms of compatibility, is there a difference between the V7 database, and the database in V8?

The reason I ask is, I would like to take my database from V8, and replace it with my V7 database so as to have all of my cue points and automix points where I had them and put in so much time and effort as opposed to starting over from scratch. Thank you in advance for your qualified answers.

Mensajes Tue 24 Jun 14 @ 8:10 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
It depends on how VDJ7 parses the database.

The pure layout of the XML is the same.
Most "knots" and attributes are the same.

The only differences (i can think of at the moment) are additional entries for POIs in the v8 database
and the organisation of folders, like virtual or filter folder.
I think VDJ8 "outsources" these folders to an own file, while VDJ7 stores this infos in the database located in you documents/virtualDJ folder.

So, IF VDJ7 ignores entries it doesn't know (like POIs) while parsing the database, it might work.

Think you just have to try it.

Mensajes Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 1:59 am
VDJ 8 reads and converts the 7 database by default when installed, so there's no need to "replace the 8 DB with the 7 DB".

If you leave 7 on your system and install 8, then the database that's visible when you run 8 will be the 7 database converted.

Mensajes Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 4:04 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Yes, of course, you are right!

I misread that part. I thought he wants to copy all from v8 db into v7 db... So just ignore my first post.

Mensajes Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 5:30 am
Ok. Well I guess that puts me back to square 1. Hoping that the Dev team at least makes it an option. I love all the new options in V8 and look forward to using them live, but I just don't have the time to go back through my entire library and relocate all of my automix points to where I had them. I will continue to use 7.4.1. Thank you for your answers gentlemen.

Mensajes Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 7:28 am
The DJ Devil Dog wrote :
Hoping that the Dev team at least makes it an option.

Makes what an option?

If your issue is that your automix points haven't imported correctly, then you should raise it in a new suitably titled post (in the 8 bug forum).

Mensajes Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 8:46 am
Yep. Did that. I'm just looking for a work around until or if that happens.

Mensajes Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 9:02 am
Are they mostly/all automix points, or cue points (or both)?

If it's cues then there's an action for adjusting them.

Mensajes Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 9:06 am
Early on in V8 release it was both. Now, I believe it's all automix points. Without going through my entire library it seems that way anyway.

Mensajes Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 10:38 am
I'm after this too. I just reinstalled my laptop due to a knackard hard drive. I installed VirtualDJ 8 before copying all my VirtualDJ 7 files and setting, so there was nothing to upgrade. How do I get VDJ8 to load the VDJ7 db now?

Mensajes Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 3:42 pm
Ignore me. A quick uninstall / Reinstall of VDJ8 did the trick

Mensajes Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 3:58 pm
For future reference, you could have deleted the database.xml created by 8, which would then make it read the 7 database next time it started.

Mensajes Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 4:04 pm
Ok I'm having a different but similar problem. In my video library I have set a cue point on every file because as you know, videos rarely start at the beginning of the song.
In version 7 this was fine as the cue point was automatically the load point, the song would load at the cue point, and play from there when Play button was pressed. In version 8 the cue points all imported from version 7 database but not as the load point.
I have figured out how to manually change this in POI editor but I can't do this manually for thousands of files. Is there any way I can batch set all those hot cue points to load point?

Mensajes Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 11:58 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Options search autocue, set this to cue. It should jump to HC 1 on load.

Mensajes Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 12:18 pm
Much thanks locodog! That solved my problem!

Mensajes Wed 24 Sep 14 @ 12:48 pm
What I would like to see is a feature that clones everything to a file that can be loaded on another machine and will exactly replicate the original machine.

I used to have that with OTSJUKE way way back. Would love the feature now.

It's very annoying that I auditon and work on music on my office PC, and then have to duplicate all that work on my gig laptop. I haven't tried copy/paste folders and databases on version 8 yet.

I got close with the copy/paste in version 7. The only thing that wouldn't replicate were virtual folders and filters.

A good clone app would be awesome. Then we could concentrate on the music instead of redundant time wasting work. Please consider the option.

Mensajes Wed 24 Sep 14 @ 10:27 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)