Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: Broadcasting with a Mic in VDJ 8

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi guys,
Top work on VDJ 8 by the way.

Can someone please show me how to broadcast with a Mic attached to a DDJ -SX? I have tried configuring the mic in the audio settings but anytime i click on the mic button on the master skin, i get a loud buzz. I have been struggling with hours with this. I have had to keep on going back to using Nicecast to broadcast but i prefer to use VDJ now that version 8 is out.

I have clicked the microphone under 'input'. What should the source/soundcard/channel be set to?

I am also getting alot of cut outs when i did my test broadcast. My internet is good and i am on the latest firmware. I use a macbook pro. anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks

Mensajes Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 6:44 pm
Your SX is external hardware. The audio has already left VDJ by that point. Your mic is connected to the hardware, not the software.

The broadcast audio is leaving VDJ before it's reached the external hardware.

In other words, you are broadcasting before the mic connection. The mic is connected after the broadcast signal has left VDJ.

You need to either: broadcast from the output of the SX, or connect a mic to an input of your computer so VDJ can 'see' it.

Mensajes Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 7:06 pm
Groovindj,

Thanks for this. You have just summerized what i have been trying to figure out for years...

so i now beg the question, how do i broadcast from the DDJ-SX? Some people have used the term 'record-loopback' but i am unsure how to get this going

Thanks for your help with this...

As stated before, i had to switch to nicecast 2 years ago when i could never get the mic to work with the SX

Mensajes Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 9:36 am
The last line of my post gives you the options.

You cannot use 'record loopback' with the SX because there is nothing to loop back.

The USB audio interface of the SX only has outputs (from VDJ). To get a signal from the SX back to VDJ would require inputs (to VDJ from the SX) which it doesn't have.

The SX may be a "real mixer" with input connections, but they do not feed the USB audio interface. They only feed the mixer output.

Mensajes Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 9:52 am
Groovindj,

Once more, thanks for your time on this.

so my only solution if i want to continue to use the SX to broadcast is to use a USB mic?
And then configure that to come out in the stream as an input....

I don't want to double post else i would have opened a thread within the radio forum to see who else uses the SX to broadcast

Mensajes Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 11:01 am
Not necessarily a USB mic, but you do need some way of either getting the output of the SX back into VDJ, or feeding a mic signal into your computer.

You could use a cable to feed the entire SX output into your Mac, if it has an analogue audio input. If not, you'll need an audio interface with a suitable input.

If you consider an audio interface, then maybe you could get one with a mic input and feed the mic signal to VDJ that way.

Mensajes Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 11:28 am
Well , you see, this is where this thing stumps me.

I use the booth out of the SX and connect this to my mac via one of the 1/4 inputs ( The one next to the headphone jack), i was under the impression that i could get the output of the SX into VDJ that way. However, i do not think this works cos there is no difference with the volume when i toggle the booth out volume.

I must be missing something very simple....

Mensajes Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 2:25 pm
Try just recording some audio into GarageBand or similar from that input, to make sure it works and configure things.

Mensajes Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 2:41 pm
how can i get VDJ to see loopback software program.

Mensajes Mon 21 May 18 @ 8:01 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)