Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: Cue points not saving in VDJ8 - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Cue points in VDJ8 are not saving on new songs added. Older songs with cue points added in VDJ7 are OK, but when I add a cue point in VDJ8 it will save for the open session, but once I exit VDJ8 and open again the cue point has gone. Any suggestions?

Mensajes Fri 18 Jul 14 @ 10:02 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
It's working here, how are you adding cues?

Mensajes Fri 18 Jul 14 @ 10:06 am
Example - if i add a new song with a silence at the start i will use the jog wheel to find the start of the track and hit the cue button.....it saves the cue point while the song is loaded and i can go back to the cue point at any time, but once I exit VDJ8 and open again all the cue points have gone.

Mensajes Fri 18 Jul 14 @ 10:21 am
The cue button, the one next to the stop/pause button? That button only makes temporary cues that are discarded after the song has been unloaded, use the actual hotcue buttons or the POI editor or via script and they will stick.

Mensajes Fri 18 Jul 14 @ 11:51 am
locodog wrote :
The cue button, the one next to the stop/pause button? That button only makes temporary cues that are discarded after the song has been unloaded, use the actual hotcue buttons or the POI editor or via script and they will stick.

I have the same issue. I understand it should work as you described, and I will test it out, but it worked this way in VDJ7, so why would it not work in VDJ8?

Mensajes Fri 12 Sep 14 @ 2:55 pm
Because it has been changed by design, don't doubt me it has.

Mensajes Fri 12 Sep 14 @ 3:05 pm
ChreecePRO (OEM)Member since 2014
For us using CDJs as controllers it's a very important feauture to save the Cues. I don't need any HOT CUEs because there is no hot cue button on CDJ 900. I only need the cue point to start mixing and nothing else, and i would be very happy if i don't have to press everytime the 1 Hot Cue button from my laptop everytime i cue a new song, so i can be sure that i will have my cue point next time i open VDJ 8. That could be an option and believe me it's not so hard to make it...

Mensajes Fri 12 Sep 14 @ 9:13 pm
Remap the Cue button on you hardware to hotcue 1, or you don't even have to do that, mark the first beat with hotcue 1 and then set VDJ to go to hotcue 1 on track load.

This feature is new and here to stay. Adapt.

Mensajes Fri 12 Sep 14 @ 10:38 pm
ChreecePRO (OEM)Member since 2014
locodog wrote :
Remap the Cue button on you hardware to hotcue 1, or you don't even have to do that, mark the first beat with hotcue 1 and then set VDJ to go to hotcue 1 on track load.

Remap to hotcue 1? You know what's the reason to CUE button on a controller or not? (since you are a home user...)
And as i said... I would be happy not to set manually from the laptop my cues as hotcue 1...
If users find it usefull to save the "temporary cues" what makes you believe that it should be stayed so... (because i read many posts that they are not happy be this feauture...)

Mensajes Fri 12 Sep 14 @ 11:01 pm
I do know the reason for the cue button on a controller, I put two of them on a home made 128 button 80 slider HID controller, I'm pretty well versed with V8 and usually spend the time helping people, In your case I don't think I'll bother.
I'll help anyone here except the arrogant.

Mensajes Sat 13 Sep 14 @ 12:44 am
Same issue, I can confirm via software interface or via a Numark MixTrack II on a MacBook Pro that queues are not saved.

Mensajes Wed 15 Oct 14 @ 6:48 pm
Follow up from the PDF: "* Note. The CUE button sets a temporary Cue and will not affect the saved HotCues. However, the temporary Cue point will be saved across sessions for each of your tracks"

So if this is happening (for people like me) it seems to be a bug.

Mensajes Wed 15 Oct 14 @ 7:19 pm
Hey Tronster, The cue button beside the pause and start buttons simply resets the deck to the cue point, or in 8 the POI. To set a cue point, use the jog wheel to get to the position you want, click the number 1 hot cue button, then right click on that deck's wave form to open the POI editor. In the lower left hand corner of the POI editor, you'll find a white box that will have ' cue 1 ' in it. Click on this cue 1, and your cue is saved. I know, it wasn't quite this complicated in 7, but this is how 8 works. To set more cue points on the same song, simply set the point on the wave form and repeat this action. The next point offered will be cue 2, then cue 3, or 8 offers many various cue titles. Hope this helps. Shots for the house!!

Mensajes Wed 15 Oct 14 @ 10:16 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You don't have to go to the POI editor to save the cue, however, if you do use the POI editor, you can change the Cue's type to 'Load' so that it starts from this cue point every time you load this song to a deck.

Mensajes Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 12:01 am
VDJ 8 IS NOT SAVING MY CUE POINTS. WHY? I AM USING PIONEER DDJ SX2

Mensajes Mon 25 Jan 16 @ 4:37 am
1) Please do not SHOUT

2) Please read the earlier messages in the thread

Mensajes Tue 26 Jan 16 @ 5:42 pm
locodog wrote :

This doesn't sound like a "feature" to me; it sounds like a needless complication of something that used to be simple. If it ain't broke...

All the cue points I made in VDJ 7 are still visibly there, but the songs no longer automatically start at those cue points. Is there a setting that can reactivate all of them? Or do I have to manually set them again for every song using the new more complicated method? If it's the latter, that's pretty disappointing.

Mensajes Sun 24 Apr 16 @ 5:08 pm
Please see the autocue setting...

Mensajes Sun 24 Apr 16 @ 5:23 pm
I'll check that out, thanks!

Mensajes Sun 24 Apr 16 @ 8:59 pm
WEBB1ControlleristMember since 2006
Hi,

Is there any new's about Cue Points ?
I'm sorry but for me it was very good option and i use it almost every time ...

Thanks

Regards from Slovenia
Valentin

Mensajes Mon 16 May 16 @ 8:05 am
74%