Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: vd8 stable yet

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

ok guys (users) how stable is vdj 8.
since reading all problems on here and fb has the bugs been sorted.
will not change from vdj7.4 ect until its stable cheers

Mensajes Sat 19 Jul 14 @ 7:17 am
How long was that piece of string again? :-)

There's no yes or no answer. It depends on how you're using it, what you're running it on, and what external kit you're connecting to it.

Use with timecode isn't there yet. Use with motorised platters isn't there yet. Use on Mac isn't there yet. The list goes on.

Mensajes Sat 19 Jul 14 @ 7:33 am
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You pretty much have to try it for yourself.

Some users love it, have no issues & find it stable. For others users, there are still issues.
So like groovin said - it depends on what you use.

Mensajes Sat 19 Jul 14 @ 3:20 pm
I've only done a half dozen gigs with it, but no stability problems, in fact I'm very happy with it so far fwiw. I have only one minor problem with a video on Automix which I'm still checking before posting about.

Mensajes Sat 19 Jul 14 @ 8:09 pm
groovindj wrote :
How long was that piece of string again? :-)

There's no yes or no answer. It depends on how you're using it, what you're running it on, and what external kit you're connecting to it.

Use with timecode isn't there yet. Use with motorised platters isn't there yet. Use on Mac isn't there yet. The list goes on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=231AKaNr1AY

Mensajes Sat 19 Jul 14 @ 10:24 pm
so answer is no then.
ive always updated before but vdj so good last few years I wont risk it.
now I don't use much add ons ect only music and karaoke nowadays

Mensajes Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 3:39 pm
djstaffy wrote :
so answer is no then.

Where'd you get that from?

None of us know what your setup is, so unless you either try VDJ 8 yourself or state what your setup is, then the answer will have to be "it depends".

Mensajes Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 4:07 pm
djstaffy wrote :
so answer is no then.

No, that is not the answer. Download it for yourself, and see how it works for you. You can have 7 and 8 on the same machine, so if it is not stable for you, you can go back to 7, in a matter of seconds. Are there unresolved issues, yes. Timecode users are still having trouble, and some of the effects that worked in 7, don't work in 8. However, it has been stable for me since beta, and I'm using it now. Known issues are reported, and are being worked on, by the developers.

Mensajes Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 4:13 pm
If you run controllers like the Pioneer DDJ-SX/SZ the answer is a flat out NO

Mensajes Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 9:30 pm
burnyabad wrote :
If you run controllers like the Pioneer DDJ-SX/SZ the answer is a flat out NO

Do you mean how well it worked like this or like this? Of course the SZ was recalled, because it had it's own issue, and should be back in stores shortly. Please let us know when you find something that works perfectly, all the time.

To the OP, as stated by myself and others in this thread, you will have to try it yourself, to see how stable it is for you. It will not cost you anything to try it, as many of us are using it on a regular basis, with different controllers, and different computers. I use it three nights a week, with a Hercules RMX2, and on mobile gigs, with a Denon MC6000.

Mensajes Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 10:27 pm
DJ_SVOPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Loving 8, has worked properly for me from pre-release up to this day with one small glitch that was solved a long time ago.

Mensajes Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 10:38 pm
if your just doing mixing with a controller yes its stable i have not had a crash, but there are minor glitches. If you on turntables cutting and scratching no its not ready but 98% of the users here dont use timecode.

Mensajes Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 2:22 pm
portuerHome userMember since 2014
I think about using VDJ8 with my DDJ-SX and Macbook Air June 2013 (i7, 8GB). Are there any known problems with this combination? I am not scratching so far but use the other functions quite often. However I use the platters for browsing through the library and the track itself. Thanks for any infos about that. Is there maybe a thread or something for VDJ8 WITH DDJ-SX? My gigs last usually 8 or more hours and I need a stable set.

Mensajes Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 4:56 pm
If all you want to do is hit play, then you MIGHT be good to go

Mensajes Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 5:11 pm
that's if it doesnt crash after first install.

Mensajes Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 5:18 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Oh surprise a Serato user saying VDJ sucks.

Mensajes Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 8:12 pm
portuerHome userMember since 2014
So it is not recommended to use the DDJ-SX with VDJ8 so far?

Is there a thread about all of the problems people have with this combination?

Mensajes Thu 31 Jul 14 @ 7:24 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Please, do not ask your question multiple times.

As said before: There are no problems regarding the combination of VDJ8 and the DDJ SX.

I did several gigs with V8 and the SX without any problem.

Mensajes Thu 31 Jul 14 @ 7:29 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)