Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: VDJ 8 Release

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

dj2bucsPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I was under the impression that VDJ 8 didn't come out for so long cause it wasn't ready and everybody would just keep asking for it and keep asking and they would say when its ready we will release it over and over again and then they finally came out with one version for certain people to try and so people asked more and more and it was for use at shows even had a workshop for it how in the world did that go with all these problems everyone is having and then they RELEASE IT and its like they weren't even close. I was fine with 7 so I have been using it and haven't looked back just cause it is way way to unstable for practice even. and I know you guys are pry like why do you care then but its kind of like getting a new car and not being able to drive it until everything gets worked out would be nice to have all them new options but you got to use the old school one and now we have stupid Serato chasing VDJ and some of there Ideas and in my eyes are gaining ground on VDJ

Mensajes Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 11:34 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
What are your problems with VDJ 8?

I did several gigs with v8 and not a single crash.

Mensajes Thu 24 Jul 14 @ 4:23 am
All the HORROR stories I see on the Forums I am too scared to even try it like I said 7 works fine for me I would just like to have a lot of the new options. And I don't know if it will mess with my settings in 7 so I will just wait a little longer I waited that long for the release a little longer won't hurt

Mensajes Thu 24 Jul 14 @ 5:09 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
V7 and V8 can be installed side by side.
There will be no conflictes. V8 is using its own database (and will copy and convert your v7 database to v8 on the first start of v8) and its own settings file(s).

In case you want to uninstall V8 again just make sure you "keep your settings and database" when asked.

Mensajes Thu 24 Jul 14 @ 8:09 am
Copy that thank you I will give it a spin

Mensajes Thu 24 Jul 14 @ 8:50 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I spin at a few lounges as well as large NYC clubs and private events. I _JUST_ started using V8 at the lounges, however still use V7 for everything else. V8 has been pretty solid for the last few weeks and may start transitioning to that permanently in the next month or two. (Currently I am maintaining two song db's which is a chore onto itself.)

However, stability is key.

Mensajes Thu 24 Jul 14 @ 9:13 am
Awesome man what kind of controller have you been using I have the NS7 II and love it cant wait to try it with the new version after work

Mensajes Thu 24 Jul 14 @ 12:49 pm
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I'm a 'Denon guy'... I have been using a DN3000, 6000, and the 6000MK2. (Mostly the 6000MK2 as of lately.)

All three controllers work flawlessly for me; they are just solid! (Both technically and mechanically!)

I just bought two 3900's, however they DO NOT work in VDJ8 well yet. (The folks at Atomix are well aware.)

Mensajes Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 3:10 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
PachN wrote :
V7 and V8 can be installed side by side.
There will be no conflictes. V8 is using its own database (and will copy and convert your v7 database to v8 on the first start of v8) and its own settings file(s).

In case you want to uninstall V8 again just make sure you "keep your settings and database" when asked.

I just wish that was the case, unfortunately that hasn't happened for me on three separate machines. I'm absolutely gagging to use V8 but until the database issue is acknowledged as either buggy or they can find the connection and tell me of why it has crapped out on three separate machines I'm stuck with using V7 forever!

Mensajes Sun 27 Jul 14 @ 11:01 am
Paul, what are your issues, maybe we can help you? I'm working right now, so it may take a few minutes to answer.

Mensajes Sun 27 Jul 14 @ 7:51 pm
Paul, will respond in other thread.

Mensajes Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 11:31 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)