Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Please explain how the search data base works

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi, I use VDJ7 when I'm playing out and consequently make all of my changes (virtual folders, adding songs etc) in V7. When I recurse 'my computer' V7 sees all of the songs that I have added no problem and I can place them in the folders as I like.

When I open VDJ8 I see most of my folders but not all of them and none of the new ones. VDJ8 doesn't seem to see any of the new songs that I've added even though I recurse 'my computer' after I add them. I even dragged a song from windows, played it, then searched for it and V8 still couldn't find it!

Do V7 and V8 share the same database? If I uninstall V8, am I in danger of losing my folders and playlists in V7?

Can someone please explain how all this works because I can't afford to lose any of the work that I have done in V7.

Mensajes Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 8:27 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
V7 database is "VirtualDJ Database v6.xml"
V8 database is "database .xml"
on first launch of V8 will convert the existing v7 db to the v8 format ( once only)
v8 does not monitor what happens in v7
so if you change something in V7 it does not appear in v8
you can delet the v8 database
if you launch v8 the current v7 db will be convertet again into v8

Mensajes Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 8:36 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Sorry Rob you are wrong, I have a thread running that unfortunately highlights the problem quite clearly that there is difficulties updating to V8 and information not been completely transfered from V7s xml file.

Thankfully I'm not the only one that has brought the subject up as I was beginning to think that after trying on three separate machines it was me that was being a dumb ass, there are now two pages on the problem and it is probably best if you read from the beginning...

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/191856/VirtualDJ_8_bug-report_Forum/Search_In_Browser_Impossible.html?page=1

Mensajes Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 8:56 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Wow, that's interesting stuff since I was under the impression that everything that Rob wrote was accurate.

Since I use both 7 and 8, I keep 7 accurate and then refresh 8 with a db delete.

Mensajes Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 12:24 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Well if you have an answer to my problem I'll by you an ice cream.... rofl

I'm never said Rob was wrong, it may look like that typed on the page... just pointed out in this instance the update didn't work right for me and I'm desperate for a remedy, besides, we are never wrong, just other people might think we're wrong.... lol

Mensajes Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 2:05 pm
tayla wrote :
...Sorry Rob you are wrong...

guess you said it right on post above...;-) ;-)
Problem here is, that it might be not a genereal issue ( or at least a very specific one ), cause there are not really much confirmations about this.
no saying you do something wrong but it could be a local prob..because seems that it works for the average of the users.
nevertheless it is something we have to monitor...

Mensajes Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 1:53 am
So if I uninstall V8 and it asks do I want to delete databases etc, if I say yes, will it delete my V7 stuff?

Thanks

Mensajes Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 3:33 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Don't say YES!

It might delete some stuff of your v7 installation, because it is the same directory.

If you want your v8 database removed, just rename the "database.xml" file or delete it.

In case you are using an external, in the root directory is a folder called VirtualDJ and in that there is another "database.xml" delete/ rename it too.

Mensajes Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 3:37 am
Scrinson wrote :
....if I say yes, will it delete my V7 stuff?...

Yes , definitely

Mensajes Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 4:04 am
Why have they done that? They should have either fully integrated it with V7 using the same databases etc so when you make changes in one version they copy across to the other. Or they should have kept it completely separate. V8 is a constant source of disappointment. I have no idea how to safely sort out my machines :-(

Mensajes Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 3:32 am
Ok, you're frustrated, but asking why, is not going to help you right now. It's like asking why Apple changed it's charging cable for the iphone 5. Progress. Version 7 and 8, are not the same software, so they have different ways of doing things. Sound, bpm, and key engines, are just a few differences. First, disregard Tayla's issue above, because it has been solved. Now maybe you have the same issue, so the link is here. I have the same software you have, and I can find all of my music. I add all my music in 8. I only use 7, when I need the live camera feed. If I open 7, I analyze all the new stuff that was added in 8, and boom, I'm working. You will have to to re-analyze all of your tracks in 8 sooner or later, because it has a better bpm and key engine. It is not the same data as 7, so that's why they are separate. I have 8TB of drives in my machine, and can find everything. If this is not your issue, then come back, and let us work together to get your issue solved.

Mensajes Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 2:11 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)