Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: When to switch to v8

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Webby66PRO InfinityMember since 2012
Back up / screw around laptop I took the plunge. Things that pissed me off first of all...

1. Why couldn't it install itself over my previous version taking configurations into consideration??
2. Why couldn't it take over my basic settings (no video = sonique)
3. Why when I click on a tab nothing happens (browser sampler effects record)

Ok... I'll stick my hand up now and mention it's 4:20 am where I live (Germany) And truth be told I'm worse for wear.

BUT
The following is what imo you should take good note of...
1. You have every pro users E-Mail.. I found out by accident that there is a new version. Create interest/demand with a "Whats coming soon" E-Mail MONTHS before you release
2. Build up the E-Mails gradually.. weekly ... with DETAILS of the new features including snapshots to get the punters drooling.
3. Make it clear that current pro users can upgrade for free. (I almost didnt install as I thought there would be hidden costs)
4. Be honest and mention it installs fresh and say that all your extensions/add ons will need to be newly installled (where the f' is sonique??)

There are many more points. Frankly for a commercial software company you need to have a word with your marketing dept. This rollout has been missed by the vast majority of V DJ pro 7 users and you know it. Not for me to tell you how to do your job. I have your interests at heart because you have a fine piece of software and it frustrates me you know not what you do to promote it. Harsh but true.

Anyway. I wont risk v8 at my next gig because at the moment I'm still trying to find basic options which were previously in an obvious place.

Mensajes Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 9:42 pm
Really hoping vdj 8 will get a break soon....Too many features were added without stability first.

Mensajes Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 11:33 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)