Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Tema: My resized VDJ 8 skin for laptop resolution

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have managed to successfully resize a VDJ 8 skin down to the resolution required by my laptop.

Because using the 1920x1080 skins is a struggle on lower res screens, I decided to have a go at resizing one - and it wasn't too difficult.

My blue skin variation is now 1280x800, with some increased text sizes and the unclear bitmap graphics on various buttons replaced by nice clear plain text.

Some text is still small, but it's a work in progress.

Mensajes Fri 08 Aug 14 @ 10:21 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Nice ! will you submit it ?

Mensajes Fri 08 Aug 14 @ 12:37 pm
I don't know if they'd allow it, as it's only a variation of an existing skin.

Besides, I did it for my own needs primarily (and to continue learning skinning).

Mensajes Fri 08 Aug 14 @ 12:47 pm
Cool Groovin...but no Superman?..just kidding.

Mensajes Sat 09 Aug 14 @ 4:21 pm
I've now made the text below the knobs larger, and moved the pitch % display to the side of the pitch reset button, made it much bigger & enabled it to be clicked on to change it (much easier than navigating a menu via a tiny button).

Mensajes Sat 09 Aug 14 @ 4:32 pm
IF they allow variations on the default skins, ive modded default tablet skin to 1280x1024 (browser fills unused part of skin)

Mensajes Sun 10 Aug 14 @ 12:42 pm

LOL

Mensajes Thu 14 Aug 14 @ 5:19 am
That gives me an idea....

:-)

Mensajes Fri 15 Aug 14 @ 8:52 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
If they don't accept the variations, open source them, gwon be nice to the poverty users.
The skin I'm working on is stock V8 resolution, but if I knew how to drop it to 1280*800 I'd do that.

Mensajes Fri 15 Aug 14 @ 9:26 am
groovindj wrote :
That gives me an idea....

Tell more !

Mensajes Fri 15 Aug 14 @ 2:26 pm
Fruit wrote :

Tell more !

There's not much to tell. Make a blue version of your skin (blue fruit = blueberries?).

Locodog, there are tools available (for license holders) to do the resizing. The one I used is very old so doesn't understand some of the newer code, but it wasn't too hard to correct it, knowing (from the parts it got right) where things should be.

Mensajes Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 6:33 am
groovindj wrote :
There's not much to tell. Make a blue version of your skin (blue fruit = blueberries?).

In this case you should wait a bit, because 0.6 will bring color themes (several).

Lime :

Plum :

Default :

Superman :

Electric blue :

+ more tones ^^

Mensajes Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 7:41 am
ANNISSControlleristMember since 2015
Hello, could somebody please tell, where can I find any skin with this resolution 1280x800 and lower, that supports Numark party mix controller?

Thank you in advance.

Mensajes Thu 28 Mar 19 @ 11:22 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can use any skin on any resolution and with any controller

Mensajes Thu 28 Mar 19 @ 1:47 pm
Yes, but as I said at the start of this thread (and have said often in the forum) using skins designed for/at 1920 x 1080 doesn't always work well on smaller (and/or lower res) screens.

For a start, the browser section assumes it's running at 1920x1080, which makes certain parts very small (e.g. tabs on vertical dividers).

If the skin itself is a lower res then the browser displays at a more sensible size (see the pic in 1st post). I know the text can be resized, but other parts cannot.

Mensajes Thu 28 Mar 19 @ 6:04 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
by the way some with floating windows seems to have a minimum size to big to fit in smaller resolution, resize to bigger screen to works resize to smaller screen doesn't

Mensajes Thu 28 Mar 19 @ 8:13 pm
Agreed. It seems they have not given much consideration to smaller screens - even after issues have been raised on the forum by users in the past.

Mensajes Thu 28 Mar 19 @ 9:12 pm
groovindj wrote :
It seems they have not given much consideration to smaller screens - even after issues have been raised on the forum by users in the past.

Smaller screen have smaller things no matter what though... Gotta find a golden middle that is not silly large on a 1920 and not extremely small on a lower screen.
But that being said, naturally things are smaller on a smaller screen, that goes without saying :)

And no problems here with the tabs on my laptop. Some will say its too small some will say its too large, so just because someone else might have said small before, doesn't make it into some consensus either :) Some like Pepsi some like Cola, and its always a goal to find a golden middle, but impossible to make everyone happy with every detail of things, obviously, since users opinions will differ :)

Mensajes Thu 28 Mar 19 @ 9:43 pm
OK I'll put it another way. Take a look at the skins designed for pre-VDJ8 versions - skins that were made at/for specific resolutions.

The graphics tended to be bigger. Bigger text, bigger knobs and buttons etc. They were more suited to being used on a smaller screen, so no - things aren't always smaller on a smal screen. :-)

I recently upgraded the OS on my old Sony laptop to Windows 8.1 so I could get more use out of it (the DDJ-RZ drivers needed Windows 7 or above). The screen res is 1280x800 which is perfectly fine for its 15.4" display.

Running the default skin on this screen, it's immediately obvious that the clock is way too small. The text along the top bar is also very small (CPU, layout, master, limiter).

The percentage display at the bottom of the pitch faders is barely readable. It's bad enough being grey, but it's so small that it's almost pointless it being there at all.

In comparison to a skin made for 1280x800 (even the old VDJ default ones) there's no contest.

Mensajes Fri 29 Mar 19 @ 6:03 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)