Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Calling out for a better controller/ Mixer!

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have been absent from DJing for a few years and thinking of jumping back in. I used V DJ with Denon for a bunch of years and really liked it. As I look into new gear, it seems that the DJ world is all about Serato and Pioneer DDJ SX.

Not one to jump on the band wagon because everyone else is doing it I ‘m thinking of V DJ 8, Windows 8, non-touch screen, not sure if I’m going with a laptops or something like Lenovo Tiny’s or build my own 1U computers, but I am struggling with a decent clean, intuitive controller / mixer with features I’m going to use specially for weddings?

One of my thoughts is to purchase a nice clean 8 ch SoundCraft, or Allen Heath ZD10FX or 16 channel Prosonus mixer, and just input my computers right into the mixer, and not use any controllers and just work between the computers and the mixer? Do I need all of the features that the Denon MC6000MK2 or Pioneer DDJSX give me?

What I really want is a controller/ mixer that is clean and has a solid sound card like the (Avid) M-audio Delta , or mixers like the Allen Heath or Rane, a nice sampler, 2 balanced XLR mic inputs, 4 more stereo line channels, a real Intel I5-I7 processor running windows on SSD or mStata, or embedded windows and VJ 8 running natively , USB, and Bluetooth for keyboard and mouse, with an NVidia video card, and HDMI out? Also having a feature to not only record, but also to be able to edit the audio clip while the music is still running, i.e. adding a version of Audacity, and easily adding it to sample! That to me would be a real all-in-one system. No added laptops computer, etc..

I can’t understand why DJ’s purchase the Pioneer and then input that into a 8 channel Mackie just because the Pioneer Mic inputs aren’t decent enough, and the fact that Pioneer doesn’t have enough channels on the mixer?

What is your gear, and what are your frustrations with the hardware controllers that are on the market today?

Thx;
Chris

Mensajes Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 10:40 pm
I think one reason why Serato seem to have stolen a march on Atomix/VDJ is that VDJ 8 was "coming soon" for so long.

Another is that Serato was seen as the choice of the "serious DJ" because it used timecode with turntables, not controllers used by "button pushers" who press sync. :-)

It was also quite exclusive (and expensive) because of the pairing with Rane.

Now they've expanded and got onboard the controller market (because controllers were far outselling TTs), offering sync and all the things that the original Serato users were so against - but of course the name is still there, so they still have the "street cred" that VDJ never had.

I agree that in some respects a full-on hardware mixer coupled with one or two knob/button USB controllers could be a better option than an all-in-one unit. Some of these controllers are getting so feature packed & expensive, I find it sad that they still rely totally on a computer to actually do anything.

At those sort of prices (getting on for £2000) they should be fully operational standalone, with computer control as an added bonus.

That's where I'm at currently - and have been for a few years. Two Denon HS5500 (sadly discontinued) and a A&H Xone:92 mixer. Completely standalone, but able to tap into VDJ and operate as controller/audio interface if required.

Mensajes Tue 19 Aug 14 @ 10:16 am
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
I will put it in another way; Pioneer is stuck on Serato, would Numark come out with a new controller for natively Virtual dj 8? We need something to standout.

Mensajes Tue 19 Aug 14 @ 2:19 pm
Numark's new flagship controller is Serato as well.

Mensajes Tue 19 Aug 14 @ 2:42 pm
I still have hopes that something will come out that is new and can plug and play with virtual dj 8 soon. SEPTEMBER 13-15 is BPM EXPO, maybe we will see something?

Mensajes Tue 19 Aug 14 @ 5:54 pm
djmilaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I think that nothing new will not be.
little time for development..

Mensajes Wed 20 Aug 14 @ 6:24 am
I think the last controller announced with VDJ was Numark or American Audio, however the controller came out with version 7 as it was advertised with 8 but it was badly delayed.

Don't know what happened with cstoll, but since he departed very little has happened in the hardware tie-in front.

Keith

Mensajes Wed 20 Aug 14 @ 6:42 am
I know, I miss that guy, lol!! He was a cool cat, maybe I'll see if I can find his number and give him a ring tonight.

Mensajes Wed 20 Aug 14 @ 7:15 am
Gemini announced some months ago G4V 4-Channel DJ Controller how did that work with vdj 8?

Mensajes Wed 20 Aug 14 @ 10:41 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)