Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: latency issues

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello everyone,
I had a gig yesterday and i can say it was really bad. Light show was good sound was good. Then every thing turned bad i had latency issues.
I run djio with virtual dj and all of a sudden a really bad distortion came. It went and came every two hours during the whole night. I tried every thing changed latency settings restarted my laptop unchecked and checked the box and nothing. Sound quality was good then out of nothing distortion everywere. My laptop runs the requirments vdj needs, i just dont know whats the problem djio ? Vdj? Laptop? Please some need help ASAP have another gig coming up...might have to cancel if i cant solve this problem

Mensajes Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 2:08 pm

Mensajes Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 2:10 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Version of VDJ, 7 or 8?
Can you recreate the issue now in downtime, If you can, how about if you remove the djio, do you have a secondary laptop to eliminate that angle I know from personal experience that adobe and java auto update notifications can cause latency hell for me.

Mensajes Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 2:43 pm
locodog wrote :
Version of VDJ, 7 or 8?
Can you recreate the issue now in downtime, If you can, how about if you remove the djio, do you have a secondary laptop to eliminate that angle I know from personal experience that adobe and java auto update notifications can cause latency hell for me.

Its VDJ 7.. i dont have a secondary laptop but am going to get one within a week or two but...am going to try adobe and java update and see if that helps... also might get another sound card see if that solves the problem...

Mensajes Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 3:30 pm
Please check that the sample and bit rate of the DJIO is set to 16-bit/44.1Khz (44100Hz)

In VirtualDJ v7 and earlier, you may experience issues if you use higher rates than this such as 48Khz or 24-bit because the old audio engine is designed around the CD standard of 16-bit/44.1Khz.

If you wish to use higher rates then you should ideally use VirtualDJ v8 which has a new sound engine that has been designed to work with these higher rates. However, there is little point using these higher rates if all the files you are playing are standard 16-bit/44.1Khz MP3 files.

Mensajes Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 7:14 am
hi I seam to have the same issue not with latency but with sudden distortion and i have to restart the program
did anyone have any luck fixing this?

Mensajes Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 6:11 pm
i had a good sound up until last Saturday when i also had latency issues, can only be some kind of update ???? anyhow running v8 i changed the latency from the auto setting 486 to 512 and sound is much better now no pops etc.....

Mensajes Wed 10 Sep 14 @ 9:56 am
Thank you everyone... i ended up changing the sound card... so far so good. I did several gigs already no problems what so ever

Mensajes Sat 04 Oct 14 @ 3:34 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)