Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: To upgrade to 8 or not?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I want an unbiased opinion if possible. I bought Virtual Vinyl years ago for over $400. Now, in order to get VDJ 8, I must pay $100 more dollars. Now is it really worth the extra $100 or should I just keep using VDJ 7.4?

Mensajes Mon 22 Sep 14 @ 4:15 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
i would recommend the upgrade if you like to use the new improvements and features of V8.
if there is no benefit for you, using V8, of course...V7.4 still not bad to work with ... ;-)

greetz
rob

Mensajes Mon 22 Sep 14 @ 4:23 am
Personally I would upgrade as the benefits are well worth $100. But as Rob says if you are happy with V7 and don't need any of the new elements stick with that. I still keep V7 on my systems as a back up but so far for me I've never had any issues with V8 but some people have as you will read on the forum.

Mensajes Mon 22 Sep 14 @ 7:47 am
Well the problem is i dont know what all the new features are, or if they are worth the upgrade. I cant very very well take it out for a complete test drive to see if it is worth an extra $100. I cant even upgrade my controllers to test it out without having to pay for an upgrade.

Mensajes Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 2:48 am
Actually that's a very fair point ! The only thing I could suggest is to perhaps have a look at some of the youtube type videos like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6NZ-iQwcZo or scan through the manual to see what it can do. I have used VDJ a lot in the past as well as Serato and the rest, for me V8 is a massive improvement on what's currently available, yes its new, so yes it will still have some bugs like any new software but all of these are being dealt with very quickly from my experience but as I said in another thread on this I personally have not had one problem with it since using it.

Ultimately your going to have to decide if you want it or not but I personally think for $100 you'd be mad not to 'upgrade' although I appreciate $100 is a lot of money for some people.

Mensajes Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 3:15 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Just download the home free version.
You can test everything for 10 minutes each time you start the software.
Afer the 10 minutes you controller (or other external gear) will not be recognised anymore.
Just shutdown and restart VDJ for another 10 mins.

Mensajes Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 3:32 am
If I were you I would revert back to 6 just to be on the safe side :)

Mensajes Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 1:50 pm
As a Cue user its a no brainer in my opinion.

Take advantage of the current discount, it won't last forever.
Cue isn't going to get updated so you will be stuck with out of date software.

Also you can upgrade now (whilst discounted) and have both installed on your machine until you are 100% comfortable with using 8.

Mensajes Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 4:45 pm
That's a bit like asking "how long is a piece of string", but as a long time user I'll chip in my twopenceworth!

First off ... I used to work in Beach Bars and Apres Ski with cd's, started with vinyl about 35 years ago. I love to make people dance and have a good time.
Nowadays as an old man I am a dance teacher with my own studio, a Zumba trainer, do about 15 weddings and 10 parties pa. So I'm not really the club/bedroom/genre specific dj type(no offence meant, I don't even know what a timecode is:)
I started working professionally with CUE back in 2008 (before that i used winamp pro with a two decks plug in!!) and have upgraded(and had to learn all overagain) every time, then I bought a new laptop a few months ago coincidently at about the same time as VDJ8 came out. New laptop and new VDJ... OMG!
So far so good.
As I started exploring 8 I quickly found out that almost everything that I had wished for in VDJ7 was suddenly there, for me it was like comparing an old Motorola car dealer telephone with an iphone, including all of the teething troubles that come along with it ... I still hit the touchscreen sometimes with my ear and mute the conversation ;)
To be honest I'm still having some problems with 8, but I've been using it since it came out and I'm still very impressed with it.

For the sake of a hundred bucks(which is maybe 10% from a good nights work) I gotta say go for it!

Mensajes Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 5:21 pm
I suppose everybody is right. I think I'm just bitter about having to spend another $100 when I originally purchased it at $429 if I remember correctly.

Mensajes Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 11:35 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012

Mensajes Wed 24 Sep 14 @ 1:14 am
Bro, this is DJing.. you still counting the money lol.

When you have to spend you have to spend, same for all of us.

Mensajes Wed 24 Sep 14 @ 3:44 pm
Less than the iphone 6 upgrade, and you don't have to sit in a line for 8 days.

Mensajes Wed 24 Sep 14 @ 3:49 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I don't think vdj 8 supports the virtual vinyl sound card - so your upgraded will cost you more than just the $100.

Mensajes Thu 25 Sep 14 @ 12:22 am
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
raypitman wrote :
That's a bit like asking "how long is a piece of string"

id say " as long as you want it to be"

Mensajes Sat 27 Sep 14 @ 11:49 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)