Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Content Unlimited Results Not shown

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have the Karaoke plan for Content Unlimited and I was faced with an embarrassing moment this past weekend. I printed out the entire notebook of the playlist for the Content Unlimited Karaoke list and bound them in some nice books. All is going well, until 5 guests bring me cards of songs they want to hear and I search for the songs, and they don't show. They are clearly listed as songs that should be in the database, but they did not show.

Is the PDF List not accurate? I was expecting that every song listed in the PDF would be available to me when connected to the Internet. I was constantly having to turn down guests and make up excuses that VDJ's connection to certain servers was down. Who's to blame for the results not showing? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Best Regards,
Wesley

Mensajes Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 9:12 pm
yes download them all to your cache keep your subscription active and hope that you can play them off line which you should be able to do. However I had to cancel my content music subscription because it never played files when not collected to the internet . which it should do !

Mensajes Wed 24 Sep 14 @ 12:09 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
"Whose to blame for results not showing... doh! go look in the mirror, never ever display or have your customers believe you have something when you know you haven't the tracks on your machine, your not the only person on here to come up with pointing the finger at a subscription service.

As I stated then and is mentioned above cache the files to your machine before advertising you have the tunes to play, another guy stood up and was counted and went out and bought a good library of songs, he stopped depending on a service to run his show that was only ever supposed to be there as a back up for his own tunes.

Mensajes Wed 24 Sep 14 @ 12:45 pm
What did you print out? How many songs are we talking about? Please don't tell me it was the entire karaoke data base from content unlimited?

Mensajes Wed 24 Sep 14 @ 2:53 pm
I absolutely printed out the entire contents of Content unlimited! Why not?!? Bound them in books. It's very clean and looks great!

The results were good for most of the night, just there was a streak of 5 songs that didn't show. The service is pretty good overall, I'm just trying to understand how the service works. Are there times that a server may go down and I don't have access to some songs? I am always connected to the internet so downloading the karaoke songs live isn't a problem if I can count on the list. Which from what I'm hearing, I shouldn't.

If there was a subscription service like Promo Only or VJ-PRO (of which I subscribe to both for Music and Video) where I could download all the songs that come out I would do it, but I have yet to find one. I'm not about to go thru and Cache all of the songs. Sorry. I'll depend on the iffy service, and just make it known that the books may not be 100% accurate.

Mensajes Wed 24 Sep 14 @ 7:21 pm
You have taken a different approach to karaoke, than any other DJ that I know. When we present books with a list of karaoke songs that are available, we are saying that we own these songs, and that they are indeed available. Most of us have spent a great deal of money to be able to put on a really good show. That's like giving out business cards saying you are a DJ, and depending on the rental center to have the equipment you need, when you need it. I can only guarantee what I have, not what some service may have. I use content unlimited to get the weird song that I don't want to buy, or the new song that I didn't get yet. I mean Russian, Ukrainian, Romanian, Arab, and other music that I know nothing about. Karaoke is like any other service I provide, I own 99% of my content. We are all different, and have different needs, but you are the only person I know that uses content unlimited as their sole source of content. I use this service for my karaoke content. As for content unlimited not showing songs, maybe they don't have the song, or there is a server problem. When I use the service, they usually have what I need.

Mensajes Thu 25 Sep 14 @ 3:51 am
Must agree with the above comments would you go and do a live gig and only run content unlimited .............NEVER !!

Mensajes Thu 25 Sep 14 @ 11:59 am
Karaoke is not a big part of the business. I'm primarily focused on mixing music and video. But when I saw what Content Unlimited is and how it's marketed, I figured why not give it a go. I'm still overall happy with the service, just was frustrated by the songs that I found in the PDF, not being available even for download/caching. I do 3-4 Karaoke Gigs a year, so Content Unlimited is a good cheap alternative for me rather than going all in. Happy to be the guy to break the mold of how Karaoke is being done! :)

I didn't mean to start such a debate on whether it's better to own the music or not, but simply, has anyone else had experience with songs that are supposed to be in Content Unlimited not showing? I guess I'm the only one. I just assumed that if it was in the PDF/Excel/HTML File that I would be able to grab it, which was not the case. I'll have to see if I can pick off which songs those were so that the powers that be can debug the issue. Thanks for everyone's input, but does anyone actually have a solution to my problem?

Mensajes Thu 25 Sep 14 @ 4:05 pm
I am not trying to be ugly or vicious, just telling it how I see it. I don't know you, so this is not personal. I would have said the same thing, if it was anyone else. You want a solution to this issue, so here is my opinion. The only thing you can depend on is yourself, and even then, there are things that will happen that are beyond your control. Broken needle, cd stuck in a player, power supply failure, etc. You can't depend on content unlimited as you only source for karaoke content. It's just basic math. Not having two songs that are in your books, makes two unhappy clients. Second, are you sure that the files you tried to access, are spelled or tagged correctly? Have you tried to access these files since? If you don't get any satisfaction, put in a ticket to support and see if they can help you.

Mensajes Fri 26 Sep 14 @ 1:53 am
Sirwesley I'm in the same situation you are in and I can tell you what I have been doing that might help you out. I've been djing since 1985 but stopped in 2010. I just started doing karaoke twice a week at a bar to supplement my income. I own over 15000 karaoke songs, but lacked the last few years of new music. So I printed out the entire Content Unlimited Karaoke PDF list just like you did and added it to the front section of my karaoke books. I have noticed just like you that a few songs listed are not available anymore. They either don't show up in the search, or you get an "error loading" message when trying to access them. If this happens I just go online and purchase the karaoke song for $1.50-$2.99. There are 4 internet sites I mainly use and have them pinned to my internet explorer favorites bar. Just do a search for "karaoke cdg downloads". Download the song, tag it and play it. I have to purchase an average of 5 songs a night. No big deal. Always happy to add to my collection! Virtual dj multitasks very well on my machine. I'm able to play multiple streams of video's, karaoke, surf and download from the internet at the same time without any dropouts in the audio or video. But I do have a 4 core alienware laptop. There are a few regulars who always sing the same songs so I "cache" them on my hard drive. If there is a song I can't purchase anymore, I just tell the customer that the artist didn't want that song available anymore and took it off the internet.

So to answer your questions.
Yes, unfortunately the PDF list not accurate. Who's to blame for the results? Only virtual dj knows. I'm sure the list was accurate at the time, but many artists don't like people singing their songs and have notified karaoke company's to stop selling their music. Maybe this is what is happening. It would be nice to get an official reply from virtual dj regarding this matter. I still think for $20 the content unlimited karaoke plan is a great deal and has really helped me out. It sounds like it helped you out also. If you got through a whole night of karaoke and just couldn't play 5 songs, not such a bad deal. I also subscribe to the $10 content unlimited music plan.

Mensajes Sun 09 Nov 14 @ 12:32 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)