Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Windows 10 is coming

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Mensajes Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 11:45 am

Mensajes Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 11:53 am
maybe win 9 sounds like win "nein" in german language *XD*

Mensajes Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 1:20 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
XP was cool, Vista was terrible, 7 was ok, 8 was bad, maybe they're jumping the odd numbers to keep consistent.

Mensajes Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 3:31 pm
Windows 7 ate 9 :)

Mensajes Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 11:26 pm
mixinmuzik wrote :

They made that joke today at the conference...

Mensajes Thu 02 Oct 14 @ 12:36 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Ah, that's a classic :)

Mensajes Thu 02 Oct 14 @ 2:58 am
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
mixinmuzik wrote :

thats what i was gonna say :D

Mensajes Thu 02 Oct 14 @ 3:29 am
locodog wrote :
XP was cool, Vista was terrible, 7 was ok, 8 was bad, maybe they're jumping the odd numbers to keep consistent.

8 was bad?, that's just a matter of perspective. I use 8.1 daily and the kernel is more efficient than 7

Mensajes Thu 02 Oct 14 @ 6:59 am
locodog wrote :

8 is fine, nothing wrong with it, better than 7 IMHO. Much more secure, only one BSD caused by a driver issue which would happen on ANY OS. They have moved some things around compared to where they were in 7 but all that did is take some getting use too. I almost never use the Metro UI, not an issue. Since 8.1 brought the so-called Start button back, hardly use that, mostly right click on it to get the extended tweaking menu (Control Panel, Task Manager, etc).

Vista was a resource hog but stable and frankly I get tire of this BS. Most of the problems come from trying to use legacy, horribly outdated software with new OS.

Seldom do people blame poorly written software....

Nobody talks about you can't use older apps or software on newer versions of OSX or iOS.

XP, ME, 98, 95 are severely limited compared to Vista and Windows 7. Like I said Vista just liked lots of memory, no problem throw 2GB or more at the machine it works fine.

I never had any problems with any Windows OS.

Going from 1GB to 2GB, cut its boot up speed in half! No TIRM in Vista, but it's 64-bit stable. TIRM In Windows 7 but all it really is, a re-tooled Windows Vista IE the way Vista (Project Longhorn) should have been to start with.

8 uses even less memory, Google Chrome uses a TON! That said it was fine with 20+ tabs open, more than that Flash would crash. I upgraded to 8GB (could have done 16GB too costly). 30+ tabs, haven't had a flash crash since.

Mensajes Thu 02 Oct 14 @ 1:33 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
*Yawn* excuse me fellas, it been a long night, I'm just going to erm go over here for a err bit *shuffles away*

Mensajes Thu 02 Oct 14 @ 3:36 pm
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
i have W8 and never installed it... IT HASNT GOT START MENU like the rest

thats what does it for me on Windows...

Mensajes Fri 03 Oct 14 @ 2:14 am
pseft wrote :
i have W8 and never installed it... IT HASNT GOT START MENU like the rest

thats what does it for me on Windows...

Many third party apps provide start menu if you really wanted it.

Mensajes Fri 03 Oct 14 @ 6:28 am
How can one little graphics cause so many issues?

To me the start "button" is the key with the Windows logo on the keyboard.

In 7 you pressed it and a small menu appeared in the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

In 8 you pressed that button and the whole screen became your menu and worked in exactly the same way...

No big deal.

Cheers,

Roy

Mensajes Fri 03 Oct 14 @ 10:01 am
Installed Windows 10 yesterday. Just Win 8.1 with start menu.

Mensajes Tue 07 Oct 14 @ 5:22 am
royvanmeel wrote :
Installed Windows 10 yesterday. Just Win 8.1 with start menu.

And the fact that modern/store apps can run in a window as well as full screen...

There are lots of other subtle changes you won't realise and there is more to come too...

Mensajes Tue 07 Oct 14 @ 5:03 pm
For $8 you can get start8 & modernmix which do the same thing to Windows 8 anyway .........

Mensajes Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 1:49 am
GadgetMan wrote :
And the fact that modern/store apps can run in a window as well as full screen...

If you installed all the Windows 8.1 updates.. You already have that functionality in 8.1

Mensajes Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 2:09 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)