Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Need Traktor Kontrol F1 Mapper for VDJ8

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

pranxdjPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Hello, I have a Traktor Kontrol F1, and I would appreciate if anyone would provide the mappings for use with VDJ 8, for Windows 8.

Thanks.

Mensajes Wed 22 Oct 14 @ 1:34 pm
technzPRO InfinityMember since 2011
i will do one if i can pick one up really cheap, i got one shortly after release but didnt have enough free time to do a full mapper, so unfortunately i sold it.

Mensajes Wed 22 Oct 14 @ 3:43 pm
Ok. Thanks for your feedback. Hope you'll get one and do the mappings. I Will be waiting.

Mensajes Wed 05 Nov 14 @ 7:22 am
Kontrol F1 will be officially supported (natively) REALLY soon!

Mensajes Wed 05 Nov 14 @ 1:03 pm
Cool. That will be good. I'll be waiting for that. Thanks.

Mensajes Tue 25 Nov 14 @ 12:04 pm
Kontrol F1 is allready supported natively on builds ending to .884 or greater

Mensajes Tue 25 Nov 14 @ 12:20 pm
Ok. Thanks alot. Will try it out.

Mensajes Tue 25 Nov 14 @ 2:31 pm
The VDJ8 native mapping for the F1 doesn't make use of the filter knobs... I tried mapping them to the 4 decks, but the only luck i had was getting them all to control the active deck

Mensajes Fri 06 Feb 15 @ 6:13 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The default mapping should offer 4 different keys named as FILTER1, FILTER2, FILTEr3, FILTER4 and assigned as ..nothing.
If you wish to control the FIlter of each deck, you need to assign each one as...
deck x filter
where x is the deck you wish to control its filter.

The reason the FILTER knobs are not mapped as filter in the default mapping, is because the unit is dedicated to Sampler controls, and by default VirtualDJ is not applying Filter (or EQ, or any other Effects), unless you route Sampler to a specific channel of a mixer/sound card.
Also keep in mind that the NI devices are designed for Traktor which has its own approach about several features that VirtualDJ handles differently.

Mensajes Fri 06 Feb 15 @ 6:28 pm
Thank you djdad! You have ALWAYS been a huge help and responded to my questions in a timely manner.

I realize the mapping is tailored for sample functions, however I never use samples with VDJ so I'd like to make several mods to the mapping. I have tried the following scripts for the filter knobs:

*We'll use filter knob 1 ("filter1" key) for examples.
(Keep in mind I have my decks set up 3,1,2,4. That's why all of the examples are deck "3" or "C" for knob 1)

"filter deck 3"
"filter deck_3"
"filter deck c"
"filter deck_c"

Is there a difference between "deck 3 filter" and "filter deck 3" when it comes to mapping scripts? If not, my first attempt should have worked

Mensajes Sat 07 Feb 15 @ 1:15 am
Yes there is
You must always declare the targeted deck first

So you must always use deck X action

Mensajes Sat 07 Feb 15 @ 5:36 am
In other words deck 3 filter

Mensajes Sat 07 Feb 15 @ 5:38 am
Thank you Phantom!!! working now!

My next task is mapping RGB LEDs. I realize this is going to be a little more tricky than the filters....

Can anyone give my just a few really simple script examples?

Like lets say i want one of the following to happen

1. LED_PAD1 to be RED all the time

2. LED_PAD1 to be RED all the time, but WHITE when pressed

3. LED_PAD1 to be RED when deck X is playing and dimmed RED when not playing

Are any of those fairly simple to do?

Mensajes Wed 11 Feb 15 @ 7:03 am
RGB leds are mapped with constants:

constant 'red' or constant '255,0,0'

You need to set a var on your button for this to work since RGB leds are not dirrectly connected with their buttons. So:
PAD1: set '$pad1dwn' while_pressed
LED_PAD1: var '$pad1dwn' ? constant 'white' : constant 'red'

deck X play ? constant 'red' : constant '127,0,0'

In other words:
You assign colors as constant 'R,G,B' Values are 0-255 for each color.
Basic colors are named internally (red, yellow, green, blue, white, black (off) e.t.c.)

Mensajes Wed 11 Feb 15 @ 12:54 pm
Tried the same thing with the filter. Sampler output is routed to the correct deck and the command is the same. Filter effects the audio playing on the deck, but not the sampler.

Mac Yosemite. All updates current. Build 2151.934.

Mensajes Wed 11 Feb 15 @ 1:20 pm
Excellent PhantomDeejay! I've already been able to map the top 8 pads and LEDs with different colors and functions. But I can't get them to blink!!!! I even tried Mapping just - blink 'red' - to one of the LEDs just to make sure I wasn't messing it up with a different part of the script being wrong. What am I doing wrong?

Mensajes Wed 11 Feb 15 @ 9:51 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
To blink a RGB led...
Blink ? Constant 'red' : constant 'green'
Blink ? Constant 'yellow' : off
play ? constant 'green' : blink ? constant 'green' : off

Mensajes Thu 12 Feb 15 @ 7:40 am
Flashing RGBs! I might be having a little too much fun with this... You guys are awesome!

Mensajes Thu 12 Feb 15 @ 11:19 pm
Traktor Kontrol F1 Mapper for VDJ8

Mensajes Fri 17 Feb 17 @ 4:10 pm
Supported in Pro version. You need a licence.

Mensajes Fri 17 Feb 17 @ 4:20 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)