Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: [NEW] Pioneer DDJ-SZ now ships with VirtualDJ8 Pro in the box! - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Pioneers flagship controller, the DDJ-SZ, now ships with VirtualDJ 8 PRO included in the box.
A Keycode-card is included with every DDJ-SZ shipped from mid December and later.
READ MORE HERE:
http://www.virtualdj.com/lp/

"Having VDJ8 as a standard fixture on the world’s largest and most expensive controller is a puff out your chest move...
the biggest player in the DJ business is willing to put its name to VDJ8"
- DJWorx
http://djworx.com/pioneer-ddj-sz-virtualdj-8-officially-friends/

"Virtual DJ has always made a point of emphasising the huge range of controllers it works with. But having the software “officially” boxed with such a prestigious controller is a definite seal of approval from Pioneer, which is of course one of if not the biggest hardware brand in the business." - DigitalDJ Tips
http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2014/12/pioneers-flagship-ddj-sz-controller-now-ships-virtual-dj-8-pro/

Mensajes Tue 09 Dec 14 @ 1:59 pm
Good to see Atomix back on the hardware scene. well done!

Mensajes Tue 09 Dec 14 @ 2:10 pm
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I'm just curious if that "FULL VERSION" means totally full, as in NO Upgrade required (i.e. use the free software with other controller or set ups as well)?

Also... if the shipped in the box license is the same as the license for those who already have their SZ (old-owners)?

Mensajes Tue 09 Dec 14 @ 5:30 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
"Full" is mentioned twice in the ad. Its Pro Infinity (aka Pro Full). Full version, free updates.

A code to activate the Pro Infinity License will be included in the box for the units shipped from Mid December and later.
For those who purchased an SZ earlier, they can still get the same Pro Infinity license if they contact Pioneer till February.

Mensajes Tue 09 Dec 14 @ 8:20 pm
That's great news for Atomix.
We all know how great vdj is, and now being associated with the industry standard hardware provider, that's a real endorsement of vdj as a professional software.

Mensajes Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 4:25 am
Now you guys just need to get Pioneer to start adding the VDJ logo to it. haha

Mensajes Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 7:31 am
I've got plenty of Virtual DJ stickers (they were handed to me at the BPM exhibition).

All I need is a DDJ-SZ to stick them on - hint hint!

Mensajes Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 8:29 am
Kinda would like to know what was done with the "FLIP MODE" buttons sense VDJ doesn't have a "FLIP MODE"??

Also what about the NS7ii?? That controller is every bit as good as this one...

Mensajes Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 8:38 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The DDJ-SZ doesnt have any FLIP mode or FLIP buttons.

Mensajes Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 11:37 am
I could smell Colored PADS-Implementation coming soon : )

Mensajes Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 1:35 pm
djdad wrote :
The DDJ-SZ doesnt have any FLIP mode or FLIP buttons.

That settles that, lol!

Mensajes Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 1:55 pm
938MyDJ wrote :

Colored pads have been available since the release of VDJ8 :)

Mensajes Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 2:20 pm
The colour pads work well on the SX2, although the implementation in the current mapper is pretty basic.

I guess once Atomix get the demo model from Pioneer that will change. It's pretty easy to map them yourself.

Mensajes Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 2:46 pm
Rnow3PRO InfinityMember since 2011
kradcliffe wrote :
The colour pads work well on the SX2, although the implementation in the current mapper is pretty basic.

I guess once Atomix get the demo model from Pioneer that will change. It's pretty easy to map them yourself.

Are there any videos or documentation on how to map the colored pads?

Mensajes Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 7:55 pm
SuperAceMan wrote :
938MyDJ wrote :

Colored pads have been available since the release of VDJ8 :)

As in mirrored in the GUI the same way in Serato? Or Do we still need to go through mapping/scripting?

Mensajes Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 9:29 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
beatbreaker1 wrote :
since VDJ doesn't have a "FLIP MODE"??

Oh but it does, at least on my machine it does. On the fly and tweakable after recording,

Mensajes Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 10:19 pm
locodog wrote :
beatbreaker1 wrote :
since VDJ doesn't have a "FLIP MODE"??

Oh but it does, at least on my machine it does. On the fly and tweakable after recording,

Please start a topic about this and please spare no details bro!!

Mensajes Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 10:31 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@Huey not much to say, 6 cues, it remembers 10 jumps, to do this you need 60 Action POI (cue's * jumps = APOI#) and you need to remap your HCue buttons for record-mode.
It really needs a tool to modify the database, which to make is right at the edge of what I can do, but I'm revisiting C# coding to look at making the DB stuff automatic (unless some one more proficient wants to save me some pain)
If any press is early or late you just move it with the POI editor,

Right now it's basic (1 flip sequence, I've only worked out looping in my head) but the logic is solid,there's no reason it couldn't be 8 cues, 8 flips @100 jumps I just don't know what increasing the DB file size so much will do to VDJ
When atomix get something like this internal it'll be much more elegant as they have many more options open to them To make it work as a user requires a lot of prep (all the NP++ stuff) and because the prep is needed flips are limited to the amount of jumps you've prep'd for, Atomix can surpass this.

Mensajes Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 11:25 pm
This has strayed way off topic, let's get back to Virtual DJ 8, shipping with the Pioneer DDJ-SZ. This announcement was only a surprise to the naysayers. This is not rocket science. No company in their right minds, would ignore the most popular DJ software in the world. I mean, how do you think they make money? It has been quite laughable these past months, listening to all the smart guys telling the owner what he should and should not do with his company. You would have thought that the sky was falling, because some other company had a few controllers with their name on it. I mean, it was about time, but I still don't know why people were slitting their wrist about it. I know I didn't make any less money because they got a few controllers. Actually, I made mo money this year, and it had nothing to do with my equipment. Every equipment company, except NI, ships with Virtual DJ ,and has for years. If they don't, it will be mapped. There's no denying that the other companies have made some strides, with their software, but again, I have a choice. Honda makes a minivan with a built in vacuum. I'm not crying to Chrysler, telling them I need a vacuum in my van. No, no, no, I need seats that fold down into the floor. I pay a guy to vacuum and wash my car. So Steph, well done, and keep doing what you do best, because you seem to be doing just fine.

Mensajes Thu 11 Dec 14 @ 3:21 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
the following is OT:

@loco:

A good start:
- generate your model class with xsd.exe, input xml is vdj database.
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/yojoshi/archive/2011/05/14/xml-serialization-and-deserialization-entity-classes-with-xsd-exe.aspx

- deserialize the xml databases into objects. i.e. like this:

foreach (string pathToDatabase in _databaseFilePaths)
{
XmlReaderSettings xmlReaderSettings = new XmlReaderSettings();
xmlReaderSettings.CheckCharacters = false;

XmlSerializer ser = new XmlSerializer(typeof(VirtualDJ_Database));
VirtualDJ_Database database;

using (XmlReader reader = XmlReader.Create(pathToDatabase, xmlReaderSettings))
{
database = (VirtualDJ_Database)ser.Deserialize(reader);
databaseCollection.Add(pathToDatabase, database);
}
}

- do what ever you want with the db-objects

- serialize the objects back into xml

- done : )

Mensajes Thu 11 Dec 14 @ 3:29 am
38%