Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: mp4 video slight horizontal glitches in v8

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi, I've been testing two laptops with different graphics (nvidia in one and intel in another) - both connected to one monitor via vga on one and dvi on the other (so I can switch between laptop outputs). I have noticed that v7 of virtualDJ works fine with the graphics (no glitches) but the new version 8 places slight horizontal glitches throughout a video when an mp4 is being played. I have only noticed this recently so expect it to be a tweak to v8. It is only a slight annoyance but I can see the glitches and I know they don't appear in v7.

Mensajes Tue 13 Jan 15 @ 5:11 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
What are your Videosettings please ?
Is the stronger Videocard (Nvidia) and the RAM detected by VirtualDJ ?
Please check also if you are using current Nvidia drivers .

Mensajes Tue 13 Jan 15 @ 6:24 am
Try setting videoMicroFrames to Never in options. It seems to effect how deinterlacing works and your description of horizontal glitches seems similar.

As an unrelated note: While NVIDIA would seem to be the best choice, it is not always the best choice. If you have Intel and NVIDIA try both to see what one gives you the best result and as mentioned, make sure you have updated drivers which can be hard since the detection software can lie about that :)

Mensajes Tue 13 Jan 15 @ 7:08 am
Don Moir wrote :
Try setting videoMicroFrames to Never in options. It seems to effect how deinterlacing works and your description of horizontal glitches seems similar.

As an unrelated note: While NVIDIA would seem to be the best choice, it is not always the best choice. If you have Intel and NVIDIA try both to see what one gives you the best result and as mentioned, make sure you have updated drivers which can be hard since the detection software can lie about that :)

Slight misunderstanding - I am testing "two" laptops - each laptop has a different graphics card in it. I will try the setting you mention to see if it makes any differences.

Mensajes Tue 13 Jan 15 @ 7:33 am
diamond video disco wrote :
Don Moir wrote :

Slight misunderstanding - I am testing "two" laptops - each laptop has a different graphics card in it. I will try the setting you mention to see if it makes any differences.

The setting does make a difference - now the glitch starts at a quarter way down the screen and takes 2 seconds to roll down the screen! I have tried all three options but the glitch remains. If it is set to "smart or always" I get the glitch in the same position. Funny how this is happening on both laptops (even though they have different graphics cards). Like I have already mentioned version 7 works fine on both laptops so it has to be an issue with v8 graphics engine.

Mensajes Tue 13 Jan 15 @ 7:39 am
Try setting videoForceFullScreen to 1 if you have not done so. What you are trying to describe seems like it could be related to tearing and so try this as well. This kind of thing is handled differently in VDJ8 versus VDJ7.

Yeah kind of odd you are see that with different setups. Just helping you guess here at the actual problem.

Also if you are using windows vista or windows 7, make sure aero is on. On any machine, see if it makes a difference if the VDJ UI is minimized or not.

Also try changing the videoFPS to 60 or 30 if not already set at that. For sure try 60 though and variations of videoFPS to see if it helps or gets worse.

You might check and report your vertical refresh rate for monitor as a hint to anyone reading.

Mensajes Tue 13 Jan 15 @ 7:52 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Do these horizontal glitches look like this?

If so it is called screen tearing. I have plenty of tips for this, but I would start with making sure that Windows Aero in enabled if you have Windows Vista or newer. Windows Aero is really part of a theme or look that make windows that are open have a transparent effect. Same with the start bar. It was very common recommend disabling this in Vista, but not so much anymore.

In my case I run Win 7 and Windows Aero being disabled was the cause of screen tearing in Serato Video, but not VDJ 7. So that is why it sounds similar.

Mensajes Tue 13 Jan 15 @ 8:14 am
Hey Don something funny. Maybe you were in mid edit or something but when I went to view your post it looked ok. Then went back a page and noticed this thread was still highlighted as being new so went into this thread again. Your image was gone and so I did a page refresh. Now all of a sudden I am in your post as though I am editing it lol which of course I did not do that but a scary/funny kind of thing.

Mensajes Tue 13 Jan 15 @ 8:26 am
Yes, that is the tearing that I was experiencing - changing the theme to an aero theme has fixed this issue - thanks.

DHoude wrote :
Do these horizontal glitches look like this?

If so it is called screen tearing. I have plenty of tips for this, but I would start with making sure that Windows Aero in enabled if you have Windows Vista or newer. Windows Aero is really part of a theme or look that make windows that are open have a transparent effect. Same with the start bar. It was very common recommend disabling this in Vista, but not so much anymore.

In my case I run Win 7 and Windows Aero being disabled was the cause of screen tearing in Serato Video, but not VDJ 7. So that is why it sounds similar.

Mensajes Wed 14 Jan 15 @ 5:19 am
Old post but cured my issue after hours of tweeking the setting and no joy, thanks DHoude

Mensajes Sat 12 Jan 19 @ 12:25 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)