Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: If I have to Convert all my VOB Files to MP4, will VDJ 8 find them easily and reintegrate them into the database?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

karz10PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi, so my music video collection will be compatible cross platform, I've been considering converting my (probably thousands) VOB files to MP4, but I'm worried that if I do that I'll have to reindex/analyze them all in VDJ which I use more. I know there's a way to relocate lost files etc., but I was wondering if that would be the case if you change the extension type.

Any tips on converting VOB to MP4 the best way? Any tips on making everything ok again in VDJ once I do that? It's been nice having a long history of the files in certain folders, it would suck to lose that...

Thanks in advance.

Karz

Mensajes Thu 15 Jan 15 @ 10:12 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
It will need rescanning, changing the extension via conversion is making a new file.

Mensajes Thu 15 Jan 15 @ 10:33 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
karz10 wrote :

Any tips on converting VOB to MP4 the best way? Any tips on making everything ok again in VDJ once I do that? It's been nice having a long history of the files in certain folders, it would suck to lose that...

As locodog already replied: if you change the file extension it will appear to VirtualDJ as a NEW file.
Best and fastest tool to convert your files is wondershare:
http://www.wondershare.net/pro/video-converter-ultimate.html
extremely fast conversion and outstanding quality of the results

Mensajes Fri 16 Jan 15 @ 12:40 am
Why are you converting? You mentioned cross platform, as in PC and Mac?

Mensajes Fri 16 Jan 15 @ 3:06 pm
Sorry for delayed response. Say for example other software, there may be times I have to put my hard drive on another setup running serato for example, I would like the ability to have access to all my files in various S/W

Mensajes Fri 23 Jan 15 @ 3:35 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you convert all your files in one go, you could when finished open the database.xml in a text editor, and do a search & replace to change .vob to .mp4

Mensajes Fri 23 Jan 15 @ 3:42 am
Thanks I may have to plan it out and give that a go...

Mensajes Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 7:32 pm
Tried using Wondershare.....anytime you try and alter their presets it exports to the same file size. Even the target file size is diff then the actual finished file size....think this may be a bust.

Mensajes Fri 06 Feb 15 @ 1:25 pm
jakovskiPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006
Hmmm..

never had issues using Wondershare and the resulted files are really high quality depending on the settings. Much better that Handbreak or something else.

Greets, Heiko

Mensajes Sat 07 Feb 15 @ 7:21 am
@djkool99usa

if the quality is still there? and the file is smaller sounds like that could be a win....
what is the quality of the outputted files?

Mensajes Sat 07 Feb 15 @ 7:55 am
I still need to do this, wondering if anyone has any more tips or tricks, or feedback on the last wondershare question...

Mensajes Tue 01 Dec 15 @ 2:40 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
converting (all) the files with wondershare in one process means you have one common output folder.
If you have set VirtualDJ to "getTagsAuto" when clicking e.g. on the output folder, all informations about the new files will bes scannend and stored automatically in the Database.
Of course this works when you have ONE common output folder for all converted tracks only.

Mensajes Tue 01 Dec 15 @ 6:54 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)