Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Are content unlimited tunes mine?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I'm thinking of signing up to content unlimited and wondered if the tunes are mine to keep once downloaded to cache (can I download to hard drive?). If not, are they still playable if subscription ended?
Thanks

Mensajes Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 5:51 am
No, they're not yours. The service is subscription based - you rent the tracks. Like borrowing a library book or renting a movie.

There are many sites that sell tracks if you want to keep them - but even then, you don't own the track, only the right to use it. You own the file but not the content.

Mensajes Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 5:56 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Klickshop wrote :
I'm thinking of signing up to content unlimited and wondered if the tunes are mine to keep once downloaded to cache (can I download to hard drive?). Moving the files to a harddrive is possible. When you dl them to cache they will be stored in VDJ/ Cache Folder by default.
If not, are they still playable if subscription ended? You will be able to play the files for additional 30 days if you refreshed the DRM a day before your CU will expire.
Thanks

Mensajes Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 7:29 am
Thanks Rob and Groovin. Another question has been raised in your answer Groovin. You mention that I would not own a track I bought, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that. I own a lot of vinyl recordings, are you saying I cant own an MP3 file in the same way?

Mensajes Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 10:40 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
With the subscription you are allowed to download an play the tracks as long as you pay for the subscription.
It is not buying songs...just access the music libary, dl and playback tracks.
Like renting a car. Your are allowed to use it ... but you do not own the car ;-)

Mensajes Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 12:48 pm
Klickshop wrote :
You mention that I would not own a track I bought, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that. I own a lot of vinyl recordings

What I mean is - you only own the thing on which the track is stored, not the track itself.

So you may own lots of vinyl, but it's only the vinyl that's yours. You don't own what's recorded onto it.

The music itself is still owned by the record company and/or the artist. You only bought the right to play it.

I mention this because you seemed to think you can download and keep unlimited amounts of music for a small monthly fee, so didn't understand how music licensing works.

Mensajes Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 12:57 pm
Actually, I sort of guessed this is what you meant but just needed clarification. I did realise that the artistic material was not mine and is subject to licence. Thanks for the input.

Mensajes Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 5:06 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)