Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Keyboard shortcuts POI Editor?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Is it possible to add keyboard shortcuts for the "play_stop" and "play_stutter" buttons in the POI Editor?
And eventually a shortcut that opens up the POI Editor from the selected deck?

Thanks in advance!

Mensajes Fri 30 Jan 15 @ 6:45 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
The POI windows work like any normal O/S window, so TAB or Shift+TAB will move the focus, SPACE/ENTER will select what is in focus.
Oddly stutter doesn't seem to work

As for opening the POI window here's the script.
edit_poi

Mensajes Fri 30 Jan 15 @ 6:58 am
The "edit_poi" script opens the POI window, thanks for that!

Unfortunately, all of your other shortcut combinations don't work at all (I'm on a Yosemite iMac).

Mensajes Fri 30 Jan 15 @ 11:21 am
Anybody any idea how to add keyboard shortcuts for the "play_stop" (and/or "play_stutter") button(s) in the POI Editor, using VDJ 8 with a Mac?

How do you guys use the play_stop button in the POI editor?
Everytime when I play a track in the POI editor and I come to a certain point where I want to set a (cue) point, that exact point is gone when I click the stop button, because it goes back to it's original play-point.
I know you can use the play-stutter button for that, but wouldn't it be a lot easier to have a keyboard shortcut so that you can keep your eyes on the exact point where you would like to set your (cue) point?

Mensajes Sun 01 Feb 15 @ 4:09 pm
It's dead easy click off on the skin to take the focus off the editor window and press space, unless you changed that key command.

Mensajes Sun 01 Feb 15 @ 4:39 pm
In that way it's dead easy indeed but to me not very handy...

If I open up the POI editor then it's on top of VDJ like this:

If I take off the POI editor's focus then I don't see the (full) POI editor anymore, or I have to resize the VDJ window so small that I don't see that anymore in it's full size:

So what I want is to assign a keyboard shortcut for play/pause in the POI editor, so I can use that with full VDJ window in the background and the POI editor on top of it.
In that case you can use the POI editor's waveform by double click etc. and that won't work at all when you focus on the VDJ window because then you just use your standard VDJ deck instead of the POI's waveform.

If the method of just focus off the POI's editor window and use the VDJ deck is normal behaviour, then why did they add a waveform in the POI editor?

Do I miss out on something here??
It seems not like a very big problem when you use the POI editor for a couple of songs, but in my case I'm going to start setting cue's for 1000+ songs, and a keyboard shortcut would be very nice then ;-)

Mensajes Mon 02 Feb 15 @ 6:17 am
It doesn't work like that on windows, strictly speaking I think the POI window (or any editor for that matter) should always stay on top.

So you are out of luck. There is no script or work around.

Mensajes Mon 02 Feb 15 @ 6:39 am
This is one reason I say replace the song position field, with the actual poi editor. with the edit options drop down with a right click do your poi work and click away the drop down menu.

Mensajes Mon 02 Feb 15 @ 7:46 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)