Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: [VDJ8 Suggestion] Make deck active when clicked

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello, I would like to suggest a feature that was available in Virtual DJ 7 and earlier but for some reason not in VDJ8. In VDJ7, clicking with the mouse on a playing deck (to stop it for scratching/selecting cue point or whatever) make that deck active or highlighted. In VDJ8, clicking on a playing deck (scratch waveform or turntable) doesn't make it active until you move that deck (with the mouse clicked of course), this makes it real hard for people who mix using only their mice and keyboards to perform advanced techniques, like fast beat juggling using cue points, etc...
Can you please add this feature in the next update?

Mensajes Fri 30 Jan 15 @ 9:34 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Have you tried to click in the deck letter icon ( A/ B) ?

Mensajes Fri 30 Jan 15 @ 10:48 am
That will do nothing but slow me down. I'm a keyboard/mouse DJ, so speed is important to me, I just want the deck to be active as soon as I click on the scratch waveform/turntable just like it was in VDJ 7, so I can rapidly go to cue points when beat juggling for example.

Mensajes Fri 30 Jan 15 @ 3:12 pm
Bump

Mensajes Sun 01 Feb 15 @ 3:44 am
What could be faster than mapping A to select left, and B to select right? No mouse needed.

Mensajes Sun 01 Feb 15 @ 4:02 am
It's possible to map keys to switch active decks, but that wouldn't be practical when doing a fast beat juggling routine. I'm using the mouse on the turntables/waveform to scratch/mix and the keyboard to move the crossfader, so mapping another key to switch decks is out of the question.

Mensajes Sun 01 Feb 15 @ 6:25 am
Here is a video showing the problem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OnjeH8PDG4 , notice in VDJ 7 clicking on the waveform instantly changes deck focus, where in VDJ 8 clicking doesn't change focus unless I move/scratch the waveform.
(I have included a mouse click effect in the video to show when I click the mouse)

Mensajes Sun 01 Feb 15 @ 7:51 am
I think that's down to how the skin is written. The deck select could be put on the jog wheel, or the play button, or where ever it's needed.

Have you tried using a VDJ 7 skin in VDJ 8?

Mensajes Sun 01 Feb 15 @ 7:58 am
Yes I have tried VDJ 7 skins on 8, same problem. It's most likely related to VDJ 8's engine.

Mensajes Sun 01 Feb 15 @ 8:04 am
OK I've just done some experiments in VDJ 7 and the only way to get what you describe is to have autoheadphones 'on'.

That option is still available in VDJ 8. Go into config options and set autoHeadphones to 'always'.

See if that helps!

Mensajes Sun 01 Feb 15 @ 8:22 am
I have it already set to "always", still it doesn't switch deck focus when clicking on the turntable/waveform (like in VDJ 7). It only switches focus when moved.

Mensajes Sun 01 Feb 15 @ 8:32 am
Yeah, you're right. I still think it would be possible via a skin mod though - to have 'select' happen when you touch a certain area/deck.

Mensajes Sun 01 Feb 15 @ 10:09 am
I hope this gets added in an upcoming update, at least as an option.

Mensajes Tue 03 Feb 15 @ 10:11 am
I just watched your video, and was smiling. I'm impressed with you mouse skills.

Mensajes Tue 03 Feb 15 @ 3:28 pm
Thank you :) Well I'm planning on making more mouse/keyboard scratch videos once this problem is fixed.

Mensajes Wed 04 Feb 15 @ 6:35 am
Bump, devs gotta see this.

Mensajes Sat 28 Mar 15 @ 2:06 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)