Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Nice to be wanted :-)

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Unreal!!! Called into my previous nightclub residency last Saturday looking for some ad hoc work and found 40-50 customers in. Apparently the Friday night before had only 12-15 customers all night and have decided to close Fridays until Easter. I watched the "DJ" and noticed he was buried staring into his laptop all night, never once looked at the customers or the dance floor. Didn't have a microphone either. I asked the manager how had New Years Eve gone as I had done it for 7 years. She said it was rubbish and the only night they had decent amount of customers over the holidays and made any money was Christmas Eve that I had done!!!

Working at my new residency at the Hotel last night doing a wedding and around 11.30pm started getting text messages from customers at the nightclub begging me to return as the "DJ" was so bad!!! Got home and found one of the barstaff ranting on Facebook about the crap "DJ". Must have been bad.

Booked in for Easter Sunday, will give it loads of advertising and hopefully fill the place again.

Oh well, nice to be wanted. :-)

Mensajes Sat 31 Jan 15 @ 10:33 pm
Jason KPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I parted ways with my residency, after taking crap from the owner for 10 years about being overpaid. Didn't take six months before the place was up for sale, along with the owners half million dollar house. They even had to close off the dance floor with curtains to make seem busier.
This is my second year doing strictly mobile, and I've got 128 gigs booked so far this year, and I'm charging an average of 200% more than I was getting paid before. Life is good and I work 3-5 days a week instead of 5-6. My overhead is way lower to boot.

Mensajes Sun 01 Feb 15 @ 12:33 am
Good for you DjSoulman!

I have a slot in the rotation of djs where I play once a month...So I go there this past weekend to check out the other dj, low and behold this "dj" shows up with only a tablet!!! Connects straight to house mixer and thats it! Sounded like listening to a radio station with no commercials! Needless to say, taking over this place wont be hard to do...

Mensajes Sun 01 Feb 15 @ 9:21 pm
I've been saying it for years, Owners and Managers should understand that if they cut costs on the entertainment, whatever it is, they will lose customers. People don't go to a place of entertainment because of the door staff, barstaff, manager, glass collector, shots girl, etc., they go for the entertainment. If the entertainment is rubbish then customers will go elsewhere. It's not rocket science.

Mensajes Mon 02 Feb 15 @ 3:25 pm
I'm with you Les. Seen a few clubs end up closing by peeing off the resident DJ to save £20

How can I say this nicely ..... the majority of owners / managers (especially the managers working for pub & club chains) are not very clever, and certainly don't understand the true value of a good entertainer. Just my experience since 1985!

Mensajes Mon 02 Feb 15 @ 3:30 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)