Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: VDJ 8 (or 7) sync with Ableton Live 9

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I find a few items on this topic but I am tired of beating my head against the wall trying to translate the technical garb. I feel like I am 10 steps behind people in figuring this out - and I'm not an idiot and I have a lot of experience with this stuff.

Can someone please post a nice outline to follow that allows me to do exactly this:

from same Windows laptop
run VDJ 8 or 7 (pro version, purchased - not cracked)
run Ableton 9 (suite version, purchased - not cracked)
operate VDJ with NS6
Operate Live with APC40

At best I can get the audio from both programs to play, using both the NS6 and the APC40 for their respective programs, but the audio comes out of the laptop speakers. I can however have VDJ come through ASIO (thus through headphones and main output on NS6) but Ableton still comes through laptop speakers

Other thing - and this is the biggest thing - I can not sync the BPMs from each program

Do I need 2 laptops? If so, I have 2 others I can use - but I'd like it all to be on one.

Do I need to download a midi driver like LoopBe?

One solution is to run a line from my laptop headphone out to an open line (3 or 4) on my NS6 - but I will have to work extra hard syncing up samples and loops between VDJ and Live.

Mensajes Wed 04 Feb 15 @ 4:41 am
even if u dont have midi instruments

Mensajes Sun 23 Oct 16 @ 7:26 pm
I do this using a RME ucx sound card. The drivers are multiclient so I pipe the output from the four decks of vdj into ableton via the cards software mixer then I can use ableton as my mixer. The midi clock from vdj keeps everything in sync. Never had an issue that way.

Mensajes Mon 24 Oct 16 @ 7:51 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)