Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: External Camera in Virtual DJ doesn't work - Page: 2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Read the posts above yours....

Mensajes Sat 16 Apr 16 @ 8:45 am
groovindj wrote :
Read the posts above yours....
(<<--- ???)

UPDATE: 5 minutes ago I wrote the steps below. However, simply selecting just the resolutions that your camera can handle will fix the black screen and/or crashing VDJ8 while changing a resolution. In my case, the Logitech USB C615 I selected the highest resolution this camera can handle under the MJPG and it worked perfectly. I selected 1920x1080 (MJPG) 30 fps and [all "fps" worked. If I select another random resolution (non MPJG), my VDJ8 did indeed crash every time. Bug, or incomplete, or inconvenience? Possibly.

Hi Everyone - Still having this problem? Solutions above did not help, but I tried this and it worked. I am using an external USB Logitech C615 with 1080p capability.

1. First, if your other programs (search Windows Start for Camera for example) work with your camera (you can view), it means you have it installed correctly. In Device Manager, my Logitech C615 was under Imaging Devices (it wasn't under the same category as my built in camera - Bison webcam). [Your external camera should be plugged into your USB]

2. Now, go into your Virtual DJ 8 (updated as of 9/21/2019) and under Video select Effect (down-arrow) to see all of your Master video effects. Under the Overlays section select the settings for Camera (the windows pops up showing Opacity etc.). Select or toggle the camera to the default webcam on your computer (mine is Bison - the built in camera) and the webcam light should turn on, and the display name should show your built in web cam. If you toggle again, you should see your external USB camera (in my case, the Logitech C615 - but switch it to the internal webcam). Turn the Camera button off in the Effect (so that camera is not highlighted).

Sidenote: if you leave it on your external USB camera, your screen might display a dark nothing, and if you toggle back to your built in camera it will display your default webcam video. If your USB camera is selected AND you click on Resolution, and you select an unsupported resolution, your Virtual DJ 8 program will CRASH.

3. With your internal default built in webcam selected (in my case, the Bison webcam), click on Resolution and you will see fewer options to choose from. It is probably set to 640 x 480 (MJPG) 30 fps (or your default resolution). Select the next higher up resolution that is in the same format (for example I selected 1280 x 720 (MJPG) 30 fps).

4. Now, switch your camera to your external USB camera, click on Resolution and select the same resolution that you selected on your default internal webcam from Step 3. Then, turn your camera effect ON (so it is highlighted). Your external USB camera should now display in the video window.

I think the idea is to use a resolution from the default built in camera so that it matches the resolution in your external USB camera. You may need trial and error on selecting the correct resolution in your built in camera so that you match your external USB camera's resolution to it. In my case, if I select a different resolution from one to the other, my Virtual DJ 8 CRASHES. Not sure if this is a bug, or if it's incompatibility with my computer because both Windows AND VDJ8 update periodically. My Logitech C615 worked great a year and a half ago when I played at a New Years party, and I lost track since when when it didn't work any more at a bar/club because I just stopped using it, unfortunately. I just expect things to work, or I move on. I troubleshot this for several hours only because I am playing a big birthday tomorrow and they REALLY wanted the option of watching themselves dance on the two 120" projector screens I will be using. Good luck & God Bless!

Mensajes Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 4:31 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)