Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Quick.is the native Instruments kontrol S4 supported? - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I kind find info anymore.was'nt it good with vdj7?

Mensajes Fri 13 Mar 15 @ 6:36 pm
I believe their were user created mappers but no native support.

Mensajes Fri 13 Mar 15 @ 7:18 pm
true dan...but now I only see one for the S2 kontrol.can we mod it for 4 channel S4 ?

Mensajes Fri 13 Mar 15 @ 7:34 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Mensajes Fri 13 Mar 15 @ 8:26 pm

Mensajes Fri 13 Mar 15 @ 8:26 pm
correct Guys. but I thought that S2 map was allready updated for vdj8? so support stopped after v.7?...good grief.Im repeating history again ...okay I've pm'd Phantom as he had made some NI stuff...
edit: I knew that the s4 map is from version 7 but that the S2 was up to date.someone should work on these.NI have yet another new S4,the mkII...

Mensajes Fri 13 Mar 15 @ 8:40 pm
I have answered your PM, but I will also state it in public:

S2 and S4 first generation are NOT going to have official support. That's because they use a proprietary format of communication between controller and the application. Supporting these devices in MIDI (the alternative way the user created mappers use) would result very poor jogs resolution because of the NI firmware.

MK2 Series uses HID, and we DO support these devices natively.
S4 MK2 is not yet supported natively, but it will be in time...
Currently we try to get our hands on one unit in order to support it.

Thanks!

Mensajes Sat 14 Mar 15 @ 5:25 am
thanks phantom...I will wait then...

Mensajes Sat 14 Mar 15 @ 5:38 am
Almost went for a pioneer DDJ SX but forgot about it while mixing my latest track.these two units (pioneer versus NI kontrol S4 mk2) look identical.any thoughts?

Mensajes Sat 14 Mar 15 @ 11:50 pm
thetracker510 wrote :
Almost went for a pioneer DDJ SX but forgot about it while mixing my latest track.these two units (pioneer versus NI kontrol S4 mk2) look identical.any thoughts?

Pioneer is supporting multiple softwares (for now)
NIs trying to make it all about supporting their own software, mainly Traktor

Between those two, I would go with Pioneer

Mensajes Sun 15 Mar 15 @ 12:08 pm
djdad wrote :
We support over 200 controllers. Its not that wise to choose one that its not ;)
Not sure if this will work in version 8 and we have no unit to support it natevily or test the user's mapping

I'm always imagining a storage room with 200+ controllers in it
If that exists, please share a picture :)

Mensajes Sun 15 Mar 15 @ 12:10 pm
he,he ...yes...I am thinking of pioneer or another brand. ..

@ Dad ...vdj has not made support for the kontrol s4 mk2 yet, but I've looked at the wiki/supported controllers and mAudio xponent and xsession is? which I use but they are not working properly. I'm still in build 1876 because I've tried all the latest builds and when I did the new defenition for the xponent causes vdj to lock up and wont close.I have told you that but you say that "we wont change it from the present state"? now that makes no sense.it worked with vdj8 in the beginning until you guys put your native version thats not correct.a few here question everything I do yet I had this working with camaras and all.... I think we need to have a more "clear" vision here so we can get more prductive and make things work in vdj? just a thought.

Mensajes Sun 15 Mar 15 @ 3:46 pm

Mensajes Mon 23 Mar 15 @ 7:30 pm
Too many wrong facts there...
You'd better find a better article somewhere...

Mensajes Tue 24 Mar 15 @ 1:41 am
thought you say that...;)

Mensajes Tue 24 Mar 15 @ 1:48 am
So...would comment on what is not correct in that article?

Mensajes Tue 24 Mar 15 @ 3:23 pm
That article tries to compare apples and oranges.
DVS (Timecode) is way too different from a "controller" and vice versa.
That's the major fault on this article: You can compare "DVS" vs "Controller" or you can compare "MIDI" vs "HID" but you can't compare "DVS" vs "HID"
Since the entire article uses this approach, it's somehow pointless to describe why half of it's assumptions are wrong.

If you really want a quick MIDI vs HID comparison, then read this: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/HIDvsMIDI.html
It also contains a few outdated statements since it was written 5 years ago, but you'll get the picture...
Yes HID is much better than MIDI for most advanced controllers. However it doesn't mean that a MIDI device can't have low latency or precise jog wheels.
In fact, most controllers & decks used by scratching Dj's are MIDI (NS7,NS7II,V7,S3700,SC3900 e.t.c.)
Also, all controllers from Pioneer (DDJ Series) are MIDI as well. Currently only CDJ and XDJ series provide HID support.

PS:
Traktor Kontrol S4 MK2 is now natively supported (in HID)

Mensajes Wed 25 Mar 15 @ 4:47 pm
gotcha Phantom...I had already looked at that but still not very clear.tons of controllers are midi and been working well.but now youre telling me that Hid is better? BTW I'm also considering a numark NV.is that HID? is the vdj update working on all functions? what about the audio routing if I want to record a line in? the vdj manual mentions using a second sound card like the laptops (booth out to line/mic in on secondary)...is there no driver conflicts here? ie: Asio vs whatever...

Mensajes Wed 25 Mar 15 @ 5:15 pm

Mensajes Wed 25 Mar 15 @ 5:31 pm
Numark NV is MIDI ! :)

As I said, the fact that a controller provides MIDI communication does not mean it's bad or laggy or anything...

In general the comparison of HID vs MIDI as PROTOCOLS favors HID.
However a specific MIDI device can provide much better operation VS another specific HID device depending on the implementation and the firmware of these devices...

Mensajes Wed 25 Mar 15 @ 6:03 pm
77%