Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Cant save too much on data base

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

espepePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I notice this issue from long time ago,but is extrange,I can teach the song but ,I cant analize all them,when I try to analize with bpm,etc etc, on my library wich is 250,000, but I do this for fraction, after analyze, and close the program and like 10 minutes after I repone,guess ,show me my drive need to be repair and all my songs are the same like nothing been doing so try again and all happen the same so ,What I need to do plz!!!!!!

Mensajes Mon 16 Mar 15 @ 12:16 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Do you get the "database is corrupt" error even if you just analyze a fraction of your tracks?

I don't know WHEN exactly VDJ writes to the database, I think after each song is analyzed, but it might be possible, that it's taking a significant amount of time to save all changes to the database. 10 minutes is very long, but if the harddrive is still saving things, and you reopen VDJ, the saving process could be interrupted and so the database corrupted.

Mensajes Mon 16 Mar 15 @ 4:47 am
Please tell us your drive specs.
What size does it have ?
How much FREE space ?
What size does your database.xml file has ?

Mensajes Mon 16 Mar 15 @ 6:30 am
I would like to jump in on this if that's ok. I too am having "Database Corrupt" issues almost everytime I launch VDJ8. It also hangs for several minutes sometimes when searching. my database is on external hard drive, 53mb. This happens on my home pc and my dj laptop. Windows 7. VDJ8.0.0 build 2162 Pro Infinity license

thanks for any assistance.

Mensajes Tue 24 Mar 15 @ 10:10 pm
@djjeremy

for your external drive you might want to make sure write caching is disabled if its not it could be part of the problem ....

you disable it by going to device manager ... find disk drives and expand that ... find the external drive ... right click hit properties
now go to policies tab .... select quick removal option then hit ok.

what this does is make the drive write all information now instead of holding back till a idle moment to write info thus preventing data loss if the drive is unplugged.

hope this helps.

Mensajes Wed 25 Mar 15 @ 4:16 am
Thanks Wicked, will try that

Mensajes Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 9:43 pm
Quick Removal is already selected by default

Mensajes Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 9:45 pm
I only get the corrupt database message when the external is plugged in when I launch VDJ. If I plug it in after the fact, it works fine.

Mensajes Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 10:14 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)