Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Control of 3rd party software

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Any ideas on a way of controlling 3rd party software via VDJ?

In my perfect world I would have a skin with custom sliders and buttons, these would send specific midi messages to other applications.

I'm pretty much sure this isn't possible (yet) without some messing about with something like midi-ox, but interested if anyone has done something similar.

My new toy is the Behringer XR18, a digital mixer, I don't want to keep flipping between their app, a DAW and VDJ. Virtual DJ will always be my main screen and it would be pretty cool to control essential control of the other apps from inside VDJ.

Mensajes Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 6:45 pm
I agree it would be cool, but not possible from native code.

Probably the easiest way right now would be to have a MIDI "effect" that you'd select from the FX dropdown. Then you'd control the "effect" parameter(s) from VDJ by assigning knobs/faders, and the "effect" would translate that into MIDI and send it out.

We'll just have to wait for someone to write the plugin. :-)

Mensajes Sat 28 Mar 15 @ 5:21 am
Good shout, probably the cleanest way to do it. I can think of a certain dev that could nail this but his to do list is massive!

Mensajes Sat 28 Mar 15 @ 7:25 am
Since build 2059 you can send a MIDI Clock signal to other software which is really great (e.g. Resolume). I made a post about it here: http://j.mp/VDJMidiClock
If you have the coding skills and got nothing to do with your time you could use software like BOME's midi translator or other to "duplicate" your MIDI device so you can control both VDJ and other software using simulated midi devices, but i can tell you that that is super extreme complex.
Another option could be to simulate a MIDI device that only has Inputs driven by VDJ (which in return can be changed be your midi device using variables and stuff) and then using a midi translator again to send commands to other software.

Mensajes Sat 28 Mar 15 @ 8:13 pm
Yeah, my work around in the short term is of a similar way. I have my controller mapped to my mixer's software and have the leds (on/off functions) controlled via vdj. The sliders have a soft take over and as long as my leds are matching the software at the start of the gig all is well.

Bome's midi conversion software have a commercial licence agreement, it would be cool if virtual dj integrated this software in with VDJ8. You could cross program and control software, awkward midi controllers, lighting software...... pretty much anything with a midi backbone.

Mensajes Sun 29 Mar 15 @ 6:33 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)