Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Legal reuqirements to become a Mobile DJ???

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I live in Pennsylvania {Clearfield County} and want to DJ for local bars. I know I need to register a fictitious name with the state. I will have no employees. I am not sure what else I need to do. Business License?, Insurance necessary? anything I am missing? Input appreciated....Thanks

Mensajes Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 1:24 pm
public liability insurance ( PLI )= DJguard is good. The venues should have public licence for music, they are responsible for that not the DJ. PAT testing of all equipment is a must. Licensed music not copied from the internet.Original music is best such as CD or Vinyl. Some countries do not allow MP3 for copyright issues.

Mensajes Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 4:38 pm
I will use Content Unlimited for music. What is PAT testing of equipment?

Mensajes Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 4:46 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Pat testing is an electrical safety standard concerning electrical items that use a (three pin) plug and are transportable (machines bolted to the floor are not in this class) here in the UK. It is not a legal requirement by law, but will show the owner of the equipment has shown a "duty of care" to the general public or it's employee's in cases of legal disputes concerning electrical safety of said item.

Mensajes Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 5:01 pm

Mensajes Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 5:04 pm
groovindj wrote :
I think perhaps he hasn't noticed that you're in the US.... :-)

Here in the UK we have a process called portable appliance testing (hence PAT) which is basically done to make sure that electrical equipment is safe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portable_appliance_testing

yes sorry :)

Mensajes Tue 31 Mar 15 @ 1:04 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Asking this question, on an international forum, is probably not the best place. Your best bet is to consult a qualified, local, legal professional. There could be local statutes you need to adhere to that cannot be answered by someone in a different country.

Mensajes Tue 31 Mar 15 @ 6:36 pm
Yes, I understand that. I have been bounced around on the phone and grew impatient waiting on hold. I hoped I might get some feedback from someone who was relatively local (in state). I am trying to do this economically and without a lawyer if possible. Hope to keep startup costs as low as possible as this will be more of a hobby on the weekend after my regular job. Thanks for all your input. I definitely need to get insurance.....after reading about some lawsuits against DJ's for dancing accidents etc. Ouch.

Mensajes Tue 31 Mar 15 @ 7:29 pm
send - briansredd an email on his facebook or youtube page. He is very friendly and should get back to you.

Mensajes Wed 01 Apr 15 @ 12:36 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)