Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Script adding text in controller

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I need a little bit of help with this.
I have assigned a button on my new sweet AKAI APC mini to activate effect "Reverb" by: effect_active 'reverb' - So far so good.
But I also want to display "Effect: Reverb On" if effect on and guess "Effect: Reverb Off" is effect off.
How does the script look like to do this?

Mensajes Tue 14 Apr 15 @ 1:09 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
display the text where? on the skin, you could use a slot
effect_active 1 'reverb'

or you could open the gui with FX on

effect_show_gui 'reverb' ? effect_active 'reverb' ? effect_active 'reverb' & effect_show_gui 'reverb' : effect_active 'reverb' : effect_active 'reverb' ? effect_active 'reverb' : effect_show_gui 'reverb' & effect_active 'reverb'

There are skin ways too

Mensajes Tue 14 Apr 15 @ 1:59 pm
Sorry for confusion.
I want it to display on my Denon HC4500. By the command show_text 'ABC' the string is sent to display.
I just need to have a way to determine if the effect is on/off and send different strings in case on or off.

Mensajes Tue 14 Apr 15 @ 2:03 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Why not on the Akai?
A button can simply toggle between on and off with the LED lighting when reverb is on.
That should be easy enough, if that is what you want then the script can be done.
It's just a reverb button. Your fine tuning of the reverb settings would be done in the skin gui.

Mensajes Tue 14 Apr 15 @ 5:13 pm
You can just query the effect...

effect 'reverb' active on ? show_text 'RVRB ON' : show_text 'RVRB OFF'

You should be better to execute the above command on the very same button you use to turn your effect on/off. So, the button should be :

effect 'reverb' active & effect 'reverb' active on ? show_text 'RVRB ON' : show_text 'RVRB OFF'

Mensajes Tue 14 Apr 15 @ 7:36 pm
I was pondering that, but he wants to switch the FX on from a device with no display and he wants the text to display on a separate device.
I still think just using the LEDs of the Akai is a better idea.

Mensajes Tue 14 Apr 15 @ 7:40 pm
It doesn't matter. The "show_text" command will show the text on ANY display connected on VirtualDj.

Mensajes Tue 14 Apr 15 @ 7:43 pm
First of all, you guys are really great! I appreciate so much all the quick help I get on this forum.

Well, the led in the button of the AKAI does light up by automatic whenever I assign it to activate an effect, does VDJ do that all by itself?
But I am used to having my HC4500 display briefly the effect which was switched on.

By the way, I did not get the time of text showing to work. It should be possible to add like '3000' to set the time to 3 sec, how do I put that in the above script?

Mensajes Wed 15 Apr 15 @ 1:33 am
effect 'reverb' active & effect 'reverb' active on ? show_text 'RVRB ON' 3000 : show_text 'RVRB OFF' 3000

Mensajes Wed 15 Apr 15 @ 1:53 am
Thanx, but I think it's what I tried yesterday.
Even though I changed it to 9000 the delay was like 3 sec.

EDIT: Perhaps I need to add mS (9000mS)

Mensajes Wed 15 Apr 15 @ 1:56 am
Not according to the wiki but perhaps :|

It appears so, typo in the V8 verbs page, cleared up by looking at the V7 page.

Mensajes Wed 15 Apr 15 @ 2:08 am
OK!

Do I need to also select the effect by script, to be able to adjust the FX parameters?
I used to map the jogwheel on the HC4500 to adjust FX parameter 1.

Mensajes Wed 15 Apr 15 @ 2:22 am
This is where multiple routes open

you can go direct
effect_slider 'reverb' 1 (slider 1 on the reverb fx)

or via the slot
effect_slider 1 2 (FX slot 1 slider 2)

Mensajes Wed 15 Apr 15 @ 3:16 am
Aha! Great. This mapping will be awesome!

Mensajes Wed 15 Apr 15 @ 3:23 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
You can just query the effect...

effect 'reverb' active on ? show_text 'RVRB ON' : show_text 'RVRB OFF'

You should be better to execute the above command on the very same button you use to turn your effect on/off. So, the button should be :

effect 'reverb' active & effect 'reverb' active on ? show_text 'RVRB ON' : show_text 'RVRB OFF'

RVRB ON works, but OFF does not work. I also tried ...& effect 'reverb' off ? show_text 'RVRB OFF' with no improvment...

Mensajes Thu 16 Apr 15 @ 11:26 am
This is making me crazy.
Is the above syntax correct? I cannot succeed to have the show_text script work IF not the effect is activated.
It simply does not perform the action after : even if the effect is not active

Mensajes Sat 18 Apr 15 @ 3:53 pm
Try this Phantom use V7 syntax it should have worked, but you say it doesn't,
I also changed on/off to 1/0 so the strings are equal

effect_active 'reverb' & effect_active 'reverb' 1 ? show_text 'RVRB 1' : show_text 'RVRB 0'

Mensajes Sat 18 Apr 15 @ 4:05 pm
Thanx but results are exactly the same.
It does tell when effect is ON but nothing when it's turned off...

Mensajes Sat 18 Apr 15 @ 4:38 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The action terminates when effect_active 'reverb' is false I think, so you'd have to split it in 2 parts.
effect_active 'reverb' ? show_text 'RVRB 1' & effect_active 'reverb' 0 : show_text 'RVRB 0' & effect_active 'reverb' 1

Mensajes Sun 19 Apr 15 @ 10:33 am
Thanks for all your efforts. It does not work unfortunately.
I will put this on hold for a while..

Mensajes Sun 19 Apr 15 @ 12:43 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)